Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

AMD.ATI Catalyst 7.8

For other's info, that link goes to the 64 bit XP version, make sure u choose the right one for you!

Wow this messed up my PC... couldnt even get to the desktop.. missing icon pictures, screwed up display.. rolled back to 7.7 :S

Again, no noticeable change on my system, other than windows crashing on first reboot after installing 7.8

X1950 Pro 512mb AGP

P4 Northwood 3.5ghz

2x512mb Ram @ 2.5,3,3,5 @ 235 mhz FSB

Windows XP Pro

No fixes of this ugly grass layer spike-bugs confused_o.gif

Bugpic1

Bugpic2

Quick view - place yourself near bridge of Isla de Victoria and look walk some steps around. Look at Bugpic1 you see 2 ATI/ArmA bugs.

(ATI 1950pro 256MB/ArmA 1.08)

Wow this messed up my PC... couldnt even get to the desktop.. missing icon pictures, screwed up display.. rolled back to 7.7 :S

woo Slow done this also happened to me after restart, but after another restart everything went back to normal wink_o.gif

x1950 Pro Ice Q 512mb

I had the same problem as jack. screwed up everything on my X1300.

I had the same problem as jack. screwed up everything on my X1300.

i also had this on my X1950GT AGP, and a reboot fixed the problem. I even got a BSOD, so I had to reboot anyway.

Performance is much better with 7.8 on Windows XP. I can turn the graphics much higher without getting artifacts. Only when I turn on anti-aliasing I get artifacts. Also turning on shadows can crash the game, or at least hang it for a few seconds.

i restarted 10 times thinking maybe the driver didnt initialize but no go, still missing icons and see through menu's. and when i loaded up games they loaded but there was a black screen overlay as if the video portion wasnt loading.

for next time Puma please use search ...

i posted this 2 days sooner smile_o.gif ...

merge

i just installed this version 7.8 and i can tell you what i experienced.

When i changed my screen to 1024x768 i got some icon issues, they all disapeared in the desktop and all places.

So i made a reboot and all icons came back again. Every thing looks normal.

ArmA runs alittle smoother then the Ver 7.7

PS- It still does NOT run smoother as it should! I have to use all settings very low and disabled to run smooth as i want.

my specs: Shappire X1950pro 512mb ddr3, P4 3.0Ghz, 1,5G ddr 400

edit: i would like to add that i dont have any problems that were mentioned when i put all setting at max. EXCEPT LAG tounge2.gif

PS- It still does NOT run smoother as it should! I have to use all settings very low and disabled to run smooth as i want.

How smooth do you want it? huh.gif

as it should.

set your setting all disabled and very low. Also no grass..

only then you see how smooth the game should be.

as it should.

set your setting all disabled and very low. Also no grass..

only then you see how smooth the game should be.

Yeah thats kinda vague, i find 25FPS smooth enough which i get on 1024×768 with everything on normal, AF on high and AA on low.

The only time i dont find my FPS acceptable is when looking at bushes when they are close to me.

If you expect 50FPS+ should should either get a better system or turn things down, duh, its like that with every game. huh.gif

If you expect 50FPS+ should should either get a better system or turn things down, duh, its like that with every game. huh.gif

with the recommended specs would make sense to run ArmA smooth with normal settings not on running them at very low and all disabled.

Or the engine still need some twicks or the recommended specs should be changed.

with the recommended specs would make sense to run ArmA smooth with normal settings not on running them at very low and all disabled.

Or the engine still need some twicks or the recommended specs should be changed.

I think the latter is more likely than the former.

bravo have u tried the proper vegetation mod?? U might find some boost in there.

bravo have u tried the proper vegetation mod?? U might find some boost in there.

yes iv'e tryed it..

like i said in that thread its not quite satisfying enough.

i tryed the beta1, but now i saw theres a beta2.

Ill try this new beta2

Tried these, works perfect but no difference in performance. smile_o.gif

edit: ups, wrong thread :\

sorry

thoug i think theres alittle improvement in terms of performance. very very little.

I tried 7.8, and there might be a verry little (1 or 2 fps) performance boost, BUT I get artifacts after a while of playing with all settings on high and 10000 VD. I know it asks a lot of my system, but it shouldnt happen anyway.

System:

1.86Ghz core2duo

Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB

2GB Ram

Windows XP

I guess I have to rollback to 7.7 then. How do I do that best way?