Sign in to follow this  
Grim123

Operation RCON

Hey every one this is just my first mission i ever made. check it out and give me some feed back. please read the read me as it says quite abit of detail on the mission. This isn't an action packed mission it's just a standard mission to test all the functions possible with Arma. just give it a shot might enjoy it if not who cares it's a quick one any way.

Heres a quick basis of the mission. Your a group of special forces deep in enemy territory taking intel on an SLA base your job is to pick up intel from look out point 2 and bring it back to main camp, so we know the routes charlie and bravo teams have to take when we attack later tonight but some disturbances on the radar cause the mission to turn for a little and complicate things. Also one of the squads on routes gets caught up in a little mess so you and your bud are off to investigate.

**It also supports enhanced blood mod v1.6**

check the screen shot of in game bottom.Enhanced blood mod v 1.6

Heres the download link

*New* Download Link

Hi, it's nice to see sometimes a single mission. I'dlded and I'll try it. But a question: what's about Enhanced blood mod v 1.6...it's the same OFPECblood?

Oh i made it support enhanced blood mod through the init file you need to download the mod and install it your self the mission just supports it. it's a better mod then blood effect 1.4 *my opinion* as it's easier to install. but for some reason the blood doesn't stain all the sorts of grounds. it only seems to stain some textures. Also it removes the blood shown on the body and replaces it with custom bullet wounds depending where you shot the enemy, but it simply overlaps the model brings it no tear effect within the clothes. but as you can see from the screen shot it's alot more detailed.

What is the enhanced blood mod? Is that the OFPEC Blood addon by SNKMAN? Also, first person view doesn't work for me? I'm using XAMv1.3, all the NWD addons, skavens russian replacements, VeloX's SF replacements, Truemods and Newview mod. I wonder if one of these is causing the first person view problem. When I go into 1st person, it's just a mess of colors. 3rd person works fine though.

Thanks for the reply. There's a link to dld Enhanced blood mod v 1.6?

Fine mission!

Oh i made it support enhanced blood mod through the init file you need to download the mod and install it your self the mission just supports it. it's a better mod then blood effect 1.4 *my opinion* as it's easier to install. but for some reason the blood doesn't stain all the sorts of grounds. it only seems to stain some textures. Also it removes the blood shown on the body and replaces it with custom bullet wounds depending where you shot the enemy, but it simply overlaps the model brings it no tear effect within the clothes. but as you can see from the screen shot it's alot more detailed.

okay, but WHERE can we download this blood mod ? smile_o.gif

Oh... where you can get it... well thats a surprise to me as well my friend just gave me a disk loaded with tons of mods i installed them and gave him the disk back. I'll see if i can find it in my folders and i'll post a link on the web where to get it if not i'll host it. it's a little difficult to install though got some nasty procedures to follow and for what missions you want it on you must edit the init file with certain commands and to edit init you'll need a program to break down your pbo file and theres a lil more. it's kind of the same procedure as blood effect 1.4.

Grim123 *working on getting enhanced blood mod 1.6 to BI*

I'll try this again..

Any idea why the first person view doesn't work for me? Read my post half way up the page. Even with out any addons/mods selected(at least I think) 1st person is still just a mess of colors. Never seen anything like that before.

Manzilla i don't know what to say? i mean I've tested this mission on multiple computers all my friends have no problem and no one else has reported that bug? is it only with my mission?

If i were you I'd try playing with your graphics while playing the mission see if it changes anything as some settings might upset the environment your in.

**also i'm gonna start working on part 2 of operation RCON which will be an actual mission :P not just a test of what this editor can do and how to use it. I'll throw in enhanced blood v 1.6 with the mission as soon as i find it, and a complete walk through of how to install it.**

I'll throw in enhanced blood v 1.6 with the mission as soon as i find it, and a complete walk through of how to install it.

Who made Enhanced Blood v1.6? Any idea how it differs from SixSense or OFPEC blood mods? Can you give us a bit of info on it?

um... sure :P well my friend gave it to me along with other mods I finally found it and I'm gonna release it with operation RCON 2 which should be done as soon as i get back from a trip 4 days or so. i have it but i can't get it to work so I'm gonna contact my buddy and get all the info and release it all as one big combo smile_o.gif so so far all i can say is that it's pretty cool and detailed works with any version except 1.07 or something the beta one, and all you need to do is insert some basic commands in the init of any mission. the commands come with the blood mod in the read me. I'm sorry i can't give you any other info but when i get back I'll organized everything and release it and if you really need help manzilla I'll PM you or get your e-mail and walk you right through it smile_o.gif

Grim123

Nice mission, Grim123. I'll wait for part 2 and the Blood Mod smile_o.gif