Sign in to follow this  
Bob.Moore

New Sniper School

Hi guys me and Maximus-sniper are wondering if anyone would be intreasted in a sniper school?

If you want one then please post saying eith yes or no thumbs-up.gif

brings it up, any piece of conpect/plan is good to hear

well we will do BAISIC Target Practise, ADVANCED target practise,How to recognise friendlies to enemies, ADVANCED Navigation.

I will update when new ideads are put foward thumbs-up.gif

Make a .paa image with range/aiming point helpers that you can summon with a radio message. I mean a graphical maze of lines that tell you how tall someone is at a certain range and mark the aiming point in the crosshair with the same color. It may take a few adjustments to make it work, I suggest taking a screenshot of the scope view, make a layer for the pointers and save that layer as a fullscreen sized paa file.

Here's some info from the U.S. Army's Sniper School at Fort Benning, GA. It's a list of training events.

SNIPER MARKSMANSHIP

+++++++++++++++++++++

Students must achieve the minimum 140 points or (70%) in each event of the rifle qualification areas. (Record Fire #1, #2 and #3) Each target hit has a total of 10 points. Students will have 20 targets at various ranges. Hit is worth 10 points and 0 points for a miss during record fire #2 and #3, during Record fire #1 each hit is worth 10 points first round, 5 points second round and 0 points for a miss. If a student fails to achieve 140 points on a Record Fire, he will be retrained given a Record Fire retest. The student must obtain a 140 (70 %) on his remedial Record Fire. Regardless of the score, the student will only receive a maximum of 140 points on a remedial Record Fire. If the student fails to achieve 140 points on the Record Fire retest he will be referred to the Course Convening Authority and recommended for release from the course. When given a Record fire retest, the student testing is authorized to choose a different spotter if he so desires.

FINAL SHOT

+++++++++++++++++++++

Two Instructors will act as the Sniper’s Observer. He will give the sniper 2 rounds to engage an unknown distance target between 600 and 800 meters. The sniper student will have 3 minutes to engage his first target and 2 minutes to engage his second round. The sniper student must calculate his own elevation and windage before firing. A first round hit is worth 100 points, a second round hit is worth 50 points, and a miss is worth 0 points. If the student misses with the first round the observer will tell him approximately where the round went. The sniper student will then make the necessary corrections and fire again. If the sniper student exceeds the 5-minute time limit to fire both rounds, he will be given a zero.

RANGE ESTIMATION

+++++++++++++++++++++

This area consists of 4 practices and 5 graded exercise. Each exercise consists of a target presented at 10 different points. The sniper student will do 4 practice exercises, student will be given 3 minutes to estimate the range to each point using eyes, binoculars and scope. During graded the sniper student will have 2 minutes to estimate the range to each point using the eye, and M3A Scope. Eye estimations must be within +/- 15%, binoculars +/-10% and M3A +/- 5%. Each exercise is worth 20 points. Students must achieve 14 points in each graded event. If the student fails to achieve a 14 or above he will be retrained.

STALKING

+++++++++++++++++++++

This area consists of 4 practices and 5 graded exercise, which range in length from 300 to 800 meters. Each exercise is worth 20 points. While wearing ghillie suit and given M24 with 3 blank 7.62mm rounds. Each student will have 3 hours to move the required distance, set up in a final firing position, fire 2 blank rounds, identify a 6†letter on a 8†x 8†board, using 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock only. If a student fails to achieve a 14 on each graded exercise, he will be mentored

TARGET DETECTION

+++++++++++++++++++++

This subject area consists of 4 practices and 5 graded exercises each worth 20 points. Students will have 20- 30 minutes to draw a sketch of the target area during practical exercises. Students will use a picture during graded exercises, followed by 40 minutes (15 minutes on each side and 10 minutes to roam the line freely) to detect and describe 10 military related items within the target area. Students will use M22 Binoculars and M144 Spotting scopes for this exercise. Students must score a minimum of 14 points in each event to pass. If a student does not score a min of 14 on the graded exercise, he will be mentored.

WRITTEN EXAMS

+++++++++++++++++++++

This subject area consists of 3 quizzes and the final exam, which cover every subject area taught at the sniper school. Students are required to achieve a minimum score of 70% on all examinations. Final exam is a mandatory pass, If you fail you will receive retraining and given a retest. Fail to pass the retest and you will be referred to the course convening authority and be recommended for release from the course

Celery in this Sniper School, you will need to have the sight adjustments mod which will add to the realism i think..But i get what you are saying..im sure we will find away.

Thanks for that monty67t that helps alot.If this sniper school goes ahead then we will do everything apart from the written exam whistle.gif

Rob thumbs-up.gif

Celery in this Sniper School, you will need to have the sight adjustments mod which will add to the realism i think..But i get what you are saying..im sure we will find away.

A nice idea, but I think the primary goal should be to teach everyone snipe in the vanilla game.

I dont think we should because ArmA gave us a chance to edit the game etc etc. When joining the real Sniper School you need something like 4 years in the military, and the sight adjustments is just a little requirment.

Hi guys me and Maximus-sniper are wondering if anyone would be intreasted in a sniper school?

If you want one then please post saying eith yes or no thumbs-up.gif

Hi my sniper friend smile_o.gif

I see u already have started the Sniper School, he he

I see monty have posted some interesting stuff here.

We have to write down some good suggestions to the New Sniper School smile_o.gif

"Sniper-school" in vanilla ArmA would be nice and to see how you will teach the pistols.gif kids to be patient, stealth and only shoot once. The most people like to have fun with more stressless situations. Make a trial!