Sign in to follow this  
derek_c23

GAME LOADING PROBLEM

Ok heres the deal, i have all the min requirements except the graphics card, mine is a radeon 9200, and i just baught it last year and i would really hate to replace it just for one game. i have tried to over clock, but have no clue on what i am doing in that department, so i didn't go to far on the sliderbars, mabey like 50 pts more than default, but anyways, i am getting the same error msg over and over no mater what i do.

I baught the game and can't even play it. Please please some one help me!!! sad_o.gifsad_o.gif .......... help.gif

Error msg................

"Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (RADEON 9200 SERIES ) Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/A8R8G8B8/D2458,refresh 75 Hz.

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"

That is exactly how the msg looks. i even tried adjusting the resolution, and adjusting the monitor to 75 hz, and no luck.

latest ati driver, directx, openal?

i have all the min requirements except the graphics card, mine is a radeon 9200,

Now what could be the problem here...... goodnight.gif

Minimum means minimum, not "you could get away with a bit less than".

Guest Ti0n3r

Your GFX card doesn't support shader model 2.0. So you won't be able to run ArmA at all.

I had a Radeon9550 which is AFAIK a weakened 9800. It barely ran on my machine. I was really anxious, just like you to try out the game. I managed to run it, but after a couple of days I admitted to myself that this game is simply unplayable on my machine. So I guess you shouldn't bother trying to run it on a 9200. If you're really interested in playing it, you'll have to invest more money.

The minimal requirements (as stated on the Best Buy site, as well as in the Wiki) are a Radeon 9500 card. So - that's the (unsolvable) problem...