Sign in to follow this  
FreeFalcon

Can't Connect to Some Servers

Hi all ! I am new to the game which i find superb from what i have seen so far ( 2 hours tounge2.gif, dvd 1.04 -> 1.05 -> 1.08)

I tried to connect to any server but after 5 secs i get the response connecting failed..

Quite frustrating.. as i told you i am new so i didnt know where to look for and i assumed that maybe ports or firewall was the cause.I

disabled firewall and i opened 2302 port ( or at least i think i did !wink_o.gif.still nothing..

also some servers need a password ..these servers have ARMA in the message box that pops up after clicking join.

So what are all this? why so difficult to connect? i also tried the command with / winsock reset and reboot .. nothing

any help is greatly appreciated ! banghead.gif

This is an odd problem, certain MP servers I can play on...then there are others that my game wont connect to. Is this a known issue or am i just priveledged lol.

Ive tried disabling all my firewalls and virus protectors still nothing...on those particular servers.

Maybe im missing something?

Hi All, I too have these issues... banghead.gif ..There are only a small amount of servers I can connect to the rest of them I'm always getting Connecting Failed..I've tried turning my firewall off with No results..also my router has its own firewall..if this is turned off my TS goes......this only happens with Arma(505), BF2 works well with No aggro..I've also tried the BI troubleshooting, I have the latest updates..1.08 and most of my servers are green...My router is a ADSL BT Voyager 205 with built in modem...for some reason I can only join 5% of the servers before I get that dreaded Connecting Failed no matter how many times I try to join servers...  help.gif  help.gif

If you have software firewall, windows firewall, 3rd party firewall ect.... no need for router firewall. Ive ran into alot of problems with a router using its firewall and I always ended up turning it off.

I have !.08 installed and cannot connect to certain Arma servers running same version. For example I can connect to Karrillions but not Suicide Squad. Says my version is wrong. My version is default 1.08 no addons mods or anything.

This is highly frustrating as many servers I used to play on are off limits now.

My ArmA is German version from Morphicon.

Guest Ti0n3r

Those servers might use addons that you need in order to join. Try a search if you wanna know more about it, there's some info about somewhere.

Possibly, although both Servers don't usually play Addon maps to the public. Whats the time difference connecting between both servers, is it a case of connect to one, try another straight after does'nt work or is there say an hour gap?

Sounds alot like the problem that I am having, as well as many other people.  Check your firewall settings, although that doesn't fix it for me.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

7950 GX2 1GB Ram Driver Version 9371

Creative XFi Driver Version 5.12.14.1144

2 GB Ram

Arma 1.08

Do any of you use custom faces/sound files?

Alot of servers have that capped!

So wont allow you on if you do?

@ck:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to test it but for some reason, at least for this morning, it is letting me into all the servers like normal. I've used a custom face and sounds since I started playing the game. Why would servers not allow faces and sounds? Are people starting to cheat already? I thought all of that was client side, and the faces will just turn white if there is something wrong with them. Strange. Anyway, thanks. I'll give it a shot if it happens again. *When it happens again.

Haines

Servers constantly change the limits, as cheating ... as you can see in this Forum is getting worse and worse. Just for a test see if when you take away your custom face, or perhaps some of your MOD's ... do you still get kicked?

And also its a server side setting, helping to reduce lag ... the limit is usually around 50kbs per face for each server, although its up to each Server Admin to set this limit.

smile_o.gif

I have the same problem here, I have no firewall, no antivirus software. Win XP FW is disabled, yet I STILL can't join servers.

This games network code is a nightmare! A piss take!

ArmA-error2.jpg