Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can i install Arma DVD on two different computers?

That's such BS that your not supposed to install on differnt machines if you only play on one at a time.
    It's almost as bad as me having to have seperate insurance policies on each vehicle I own when I can only drive on at a time.

Can't say I remember what the arma eula said (hint didn't read) but in general they have gone kind of too far. Fair usage, eg one used key at a time should be more than enough. Atm you can't use more than one since you have to carry the cd with you anyway... reverse engineering (no-cd cracks) is against the eula so what are they really preventing with this extra and really annoying "only install on one computer" poo.
    eh, who listens anyway...
    go for it
    I won't not promise to avoid refraining from harming you.

I fondly remember games like Total Annihilation, where you were explicitly allowed to install the game on multiple computers and up to three people could play over the network, as long as at least one of them had the disc inserted. So six people could play with two discs and so on.

I wonder why that isn't done anymore.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Warrant Officer
    If you go on with this, you risk a perma ban.
    Think about that, before this reaches the point of no return.
    MB: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 - RAM: Corsair XMS 8GB DDR2 RAM-800 MHZ - Video: EVGA GTX 660 TI SC 3GB - Sound: Asus Xonar DX PCI Express 7.1 Audio Card - OS: Win7 Home Premium 64 BIT
    Buy the Games you play.
    This should be the minimum support and respect to the Developers work.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is illegal to install ArmA on more than one machine, thats a fact.
    A fact, but who gives a damn anyway? I risk being banned from the forums if I have my OFP copy installed on 3 comps, and ArmA on 2 comps? O_O

for the love of ARMA ... Fix the AI Driving

Warrant Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by (Ti0n3r @ July 06 2007,03:14)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is illegal to install ArmA on more than one machine, thats a fact.
    A fact, but who gives a damn anyway?
    Everybody should, at the end we talk about a form of software piracy, right?

The "EULA" says it is not allowed, but it's perfectly legal.

An actual lisence agreement is a very different thing from a retail purchase with a disclaimer; and copywright law makes no issue of how many machines you install your software on as long as they all belong to you.

I'm sure someone will want to argue this point until the cows come home, and others will cry piracy, but please do us all a favour and look up the law before you bother.

Really this is a no brainer question. Apply common sense.
    No one cares.
    The retailer has your money. Enjoy your product.

Quote Originally Posted by (Baff1 @ July 06 2007,05:21)
    The "EULA" says it is not allowed, but it's perfectly legal.

An actual lisence agreement is a very different thing from a retail purchase with a disclaimer; and copywright law makes no issue of how many machines you install your software on as long as they all belong to you.

I'm sure someone will want to argue this point until the cows come home, and others will cry piracy, but please do us all a favour and look up the law before you bother.

Really this is a no brainer question. Apply common sense.
    No one cares.
    The retailer has your money. Enjoy your product.
    I'm not trying to argue with you - because you're mostly right, but I just wanted to say, copyright law differs from country to country. Looking up copyright law in the US would not yield the same results in this case, as looking up copyright law in Germany for example.

I believe what you said about installing on as many machines as you like is not applicable everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by (jdski @ July 05 2007,17:42)
    It's almost as bad as me having to have seperate insurance policies on each vehicle I own when I can only drive on at a time.
    Can you drive two vehicles at the same time?
    Documentation is not a dirty word.
    : TeamSPAFF : PRACS : RKSL : Stella Artois : Creme Eggs : GITS :

Making working streetside IEDs since 2011.

Talking

This is all heading into murky territory. Lets just say that we would hope that anyone who plays the game is abiding by the EULA and local Intellectual Property and Copyright laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12