Sign in to follow this  
the_bengine

Can i install Arma DVD on two different computers?

Is it legal/am i able to install my Arma DVD on two different pcs to be played online knowing that i'll never be using the two pcs at the same time?

I just presumed it would have some online check to ensure that two versions of that particular game "ID" weren't being used online at any one time.

yes you can but some server won't duplicate ID but in local u can play lan

I would think that using 2 separate installs would be OK but you'd have to check the legal text...

As for using both on a local network, no, that will not work.

Ok. Cheers guys.

Like i said, i'm either going to be using one computer (work) or the other (music) so no probs about both on LAN at same time.

It kicks you out if you have the same key... so even for playing/testing on LAN you need two gameboxes.

Would not that work if the server has kickduplicate=0; ? Of course I didn't say it would be legal to do so.

Would not that work if the server has kickduplicate=0; ? Of course I didn't say it would be legal to do so.

Yeah it would be possible, but not legal. According to the EULA, you're only allowed to install your ArmA copy on one machine at any one time. At least if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah it would be possible, but not legal. According to the EULA, you're only allowed to install your ArmA copy on one machine at any one time. At least if I'm not mistaken.

You`re not.

It is illegal to install ArmA on more than one machine, thats a fact.

Well, screw the EULA.

I have ArmA installed on my home computer, at work on my work computer, and one time i had it installed also on my gf's computer too.

As long as i am the only one who uses it, i think it's pretty ok and nobody sane enough would screw you because of that.

But as was said before, yes, it's against the EULA.

You`re not.

It is illegal to install ArmA on more than one machine, thats a fact.

Thats what MadDogX said, possible but not legal

That's such BS that your not supposed to install on differnt machines if you only play on one at a time.

It's almost as bad as me having to have seperate insurance policies on each vehicle I own when I can only drive on at a time.

Can't say I remember what the arma eula said (hint didn't read) but in general they have gone kind of too far. Fair usage, eg one used key at a time should be more than enough. Atm you can't use more than one since you have to carry the cd with you anyway... reverse engineering (no-cd cracks) is against the eula so what are they really preventing with this extra and really annoying "only install on one computer" poo.

eh, who listens anyway...

go for it

I fondly remember games like Total Annihilation, where you were explicitly allowed to install the game on multiple computers and up to three people could play over the network, as long as at least one of them had the disc inserted. So six people could play with two discs and so on.

I wonder why that isn't done anymore.

If you go on with this, you risk a perma ban.

Think about that, before this reaches the point of no return.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]It is illegal to install ArmA on more than one machine, thats a fact.

A fact, but who gives a damn anyway? I risk being banned from the forums if I have my OFP copy installed on 3 comps, and ArmA on 2 comps? O_O

Quote[/b] ]It is illegal to install ArmA on more than one machine, thats a fact.

A fact, but who gives a damn anyway? smile_o.gif

Everybody should, at the end we talk about a form of software piracy, right? huh.gif

The "EULA" says it is not allowed, but it's perfectly legal.

An actual lisence agreement is a very different thing from a retail purchase with a disclaimer; and copywright law makes no issue of how many machines you install your software on as long as they all belong to you.

I'm sure someone will want to argue this point until the cows come home, and others will cry piracy, but please do us all a favour and look up the law before you bother.

Really this is a no brainer question. Apply common sense.

No one cares.

The retailer has your money. Enjoy your product.

The "EULA" says it is not allowed, but it's perfectly legal.

An actual lisence agreement is a very different thing from a retail purchase with a disclaimer; and copywright law makes no issue of how many machines you install your software on as long as they all belong to you.

I'm sure someone will want to argue this point until the cows come home, and others will cry piracy, but please do us all a favour and look up the law before you bother.

Really this is a no brainer question. Apply common sense.

No one cares.

The retailer has your money. Enjoy your product.

I'm not trying to argue with you - because you're mostly right, but I just wanted to say, copyright law differs from country to country. Looking up copyright law in the US would not yield the same results in this case, as looking up copyright law in Germany for example.

I believe what you said about installing on as many machines as you like is not applicable everywhere.

It's almost as bad as me having to have seperate insurance policies on each vehicle I own when I can only drive on at a time.

Can you drive two vehicles at the same time?

This is all heading into murky territory. Lets just say that we would hope that anyone who plays the game is abiding by the EULA and local Intellectual Property and Copyright laws.