Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

ArmA:Tracker - Addon Hosting Initiative

Dear Addon-Makers, scripters, philosophers and anyone else who feels this 'forum category' is like home.

a Question that i regularly get from people is 'can you host a file for me?' mostly i say yes, but after i hosted the 1.08 Patch, which moved like 20TB in 4 days i started thinking how to tackle this 'File Hosting' problem.

I hear from a variaty of 'news' sites, that people hotlink files, and they dont like that!

Also, i see Addons hosted on 'RapidShare' and other weird unreliable hosting sites...

Now, there has been talks about a using a Torrent Tracker but somehow no-one starts it.

well, i did! and ArmA:Tracker is a fact.

ArmA:Tracker is the definitive Torrent tracker for your ArmedAssault related files!

Our dedicated seeders automaticly download the new Torrents, and seed the files within 24hours.

Ofourse, all the Official Patches will be available on ArmA:Tracker as soon as they are released.

This project is Free for ALL! and can use a little community help. The torrents that are provided, can be put available for download on ANY community site.

After all, as a community site or clan - we all want to help where we can.

As im not gifted to create awsome addons,i now can show my grattitude to those Addon makers, with this service.

i kept the site as simple as possible.

after all its about filehosting, and not the looks.

http://tracker.armedassault.eu/

Do you want your Addon/Mission/Tool hosted here?

Contact me!

Sounds great! I've had to use crappy putfile for my mods until another site hosted them.

Jerryhopper, you are an absolute pipeline of info, inspiration, and creative solutions.

Good on ya, mate!

thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

Thanks for the torrent tracker. PMC will definitely be supporting this method of transferring files.

They are indeed "Addons", but perhaps you should separate it a bit and create "Islands" category as its definitely different from your usual soldier/weapon/vehicle addon types. Also as you have Missions, how about Campaigns too?

Anyways if you want to seed the PMC WRP Demo islands and PMC AEC islands, that would be great.

Also how about suggesting Azureus client in the web page, as its so commonly used.

could be best if there was a login option, and once logged on users

could upload they're stuff by them selves(ofcourse sum1 needs to verify the uploads) that way jerry's mailbox dosent get cluttered smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

anyways I would be happy if u could upload this:joint ops

Nice one! Ive been thinking about this for awhile... so far all my addons together will be close to 400mb and a torrent would be a good way...

nice initiative

Thanks for taking the duty to arrange this stuff JerryHopper... There were some talks about it a while ago...

I remember the last posts were sth about discussing who was going to decide what and bla bla bla bla... All nice and dandy discussing bullshit... but you just took the bull by the horns and set it up; Nice job!

Also how about suggesting Azureus client in the web page, as its so commonly used.

"Azureus - The Big Assed, slow Java-based torrent client, download here"... Right :-)

How about uTorrent: www.utorrent.com

few kb's, no java-shit, fast, low memory usage, feature rich.

lol yeah, Sickboy is right, its alllll about Utorrent wink_o.gif

Great work Jerryhopper!

wouldnt it be good if you could somehow link this into the missions so that when you joined a mission that had addons it would dl via torrent. just an idea i dont know any way you could do it

I guess this ArmA Tracker didn't take off then... no updates have been made etc. Was it that there was no "hits", or posts here or just you Jerry Hopper being lazy?

Its a shame, would have been cool to have real dedicated torrent site for just ArmA addons. In the future when more "MODs" come out, the file sizes will be quite large so torrents would be good way to handle the traffic.