Sign in to follow this  
silentphoenix

Buildings on the radar

Hi guys,

Firstly thanks to everyone whose posted solutions to common problems, searching these forums has helped me a lot. thumbs-up.gif

Unfortunately I can't fathom the answer to this one and can't find the solution here.

I have got two buildings as objectives for a Player Controlled helicopter attack. I can work out if the buildings are destroyed and trigger events / end the mission yada yada yada, so this is no problem.

I am trying to find out if the Buildings themselves can be added (or some kind of marker) to the helicopters radar list, so the player can TAB to the Primary and Secondary objectives. At the moment, you have to line up manually, which lets face it is dumb.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Cheers and Thanks

Silent Phoenix

Could you use waypoints to display HUD information to the player instead?

One solution could be to add a laser target at the buildings position. They automaticly shows up in the mini radar as "Laser Target".

Can be done by script or by using the MAP_Misc addon.

/KC

Thanks KeyCat,

This addon, slipped under my radar (Oh!! what a terrible pun)

Had a look at MAP_misc and the Invisible Target should do the trick, although I can't have a go until tonight as i'm at work.

Also going to try out the Air Pack as well, this look awesome. Finally some mavericks.

Cheers

SilentPhoenix

im new to addons as well icon_rolleyes.gif but i guess having an addon somewhere requires the clients to have the addon as well. and even if not: at least the server needs it.

so why not just scripting it and all will be right? biggrin_o.gif