Sign in to follow this  
snkman

ArmA Group Link II Plus!

armagrouplinkiipluste4.png

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II Plus! Enhanced and Converted for Armed Assault</span>

All features of the original Group Link II script ( By KeyCat ) are working and so it's time for a new beginning. wink_o.gif

Some word's about the Group Link history:

-------------------------------------------

The original Group Link script was written by toadlife so credits should go to him first of all!

In OFP time’s KeyCat heavily modified the original todolife Group Link script and tweaked and enhanced it.

So next credits should go to him for his outstanding work.

The ArmA Group Link 2 Plus! script is based on the last released version of Keycat’s OFP Group Link 2 v.1.91 script.

AI/Player FEATURES:

---------------------------------

• AI Enhanced

• AI Call Reinforcement

• AI Call Artillery

• AI Mount, Unmount Vehicles and Choppers at the target position

• AI Units in Choppers do Para drop or Unmount at target position

• AI Drop Smoke for cover while Unmounting

• AI On feet also drop Smoke for cover if the come into a fire fight

• AI React to Gunfire

• AI React to suppressed fire

• AI Perform house searches at target position

• AI Captive

• AI/Player Dynamic Voices

• Player Hit ,injured effects and voices

WHATS NEW:

---------------------------------

<span style='color:red'>Fixed:</span>

• Weapon class: Fixed a bug in the weapon detect class with grenade launchers.

<span style='color:red'>Enhanced:</span>

• Voice System: Enhanced and improved the Voice System for mor reallistic and better fitting voices. Added a player suppressed fire voice script for attack and cover voices

• ECP Voices: Enhanced the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script with randomly hit and injured voices taken from Operation Flashpoint Mod ECP

• Tank detect: Tank detect voices was only working for some East tank classes now it works with all Tank classes enemy to the targetgroup. Thanks to VictorFarbau

<span style='color:red'>Improved:</span>

• Hit System: Improved the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script with randomly hit and injured effects fitting to the level of damage

• First Aid: Improved the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script with the option to use First Aid if you are badly wounded. By =\SNKMAN/=

• First Aid Kit: Dead units of your group will drop a First Aid kit which you can take and use if needed.

You can also order AI units of your group to take the First Aid Kit and use it if needed. By Joemoemino and General Barron

• Captive: Captive units will now drop the weapons to the ground after they surrendered. Idea by Mr-Murray

<span style='color:red'>Up next:</span>

• I think one of the most important things would be to ReWrite the script to .sqf for better a performance.

I'm not a very good .sqf scripter so if someone love's Group Link like i do and would be interested in helping me with this i would really appreciate it.

If there should be someone simply send me a PM.

<span style='color:red'>BUGS:</span>

There are still some sounds played twice directly after each other.

<span style='color:red'>NOTE:</span>

There are no longer several target groups supported becouse some people had problems with the way of initializing the script and I have to agree with them.

It also needs a big amount of time to test everything with one and several target groups and I don’t have this time.

Another problem with using several target groups is, that the groups will share one target spot, so if one group is placed in the north and the other group is placed in the south the target spot will always switch between the groups.

There is still a lot to do to get the script working with several target groups like it do with one target group.

Till i found a better way to use and initialize several target groups the script will only be support to use one target group only.

If you still like to use several target groups you can do this with the script ZoneKiller made it still should work fine but remember i can not promise that everything will work.

Since v.1.0 Plus! there are no longer triggers needed, becouse they are all created by the script

So if you still have triggers placed on the map, which stick to ArmA Group Link II please delete them!

Changed names for some public variables:

Some names of public variables was changed in this release. If you use them to disable features of the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script please take a look:

KEY_AIvoiceenhanced is changed to: KEY_DynamicVoice

New public variable:

KEY_InjuredEffects: Player First Aid, First Aid Kit, hit and impact effects

The ArmA Group Link II Plus! package contains:

------------------------------------------------

ArmA Group Link II Plus! Voice .pbo

ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

ArmA Group Link II Plus! Example Mission

ReadMe.doc ( How to use and setup the script ) REWRITTEN

ReadMe.v.1.0.doc ( What's new )

Mirrow Sahranie Life:

<span style='color:red'>ArmA GroupLink II Plus! v.1.0 Signed</span>

Mirrow ArmedAssault.info:

Mirrow Combat-Prison.net:

Enjoy! smile_o.gif

YAY! very nice once again SNKMAN! cant wait to try out the new hit effects so off I go =)

Great work SNKMAN! The random voices adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Quote[/b] ]

There are no longer several target groups supported becouse some people had problems with the way of initializing the script and I have to agree with them.

As been said several times before. Having (proper) support for multiple target groups requires a total rewrite of the script, from scratch. A completly different approach to detect/check for enemies would be needed to keep CPU load etc. reasonable. Who knows maybe some day...

FYI: Bumped into this during my first test:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Warning Message: Script GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Dynamic_Voice\Player_Artillery\Client.sqs.sqs not found

Again kudos to you for porting/improving this for ArmA!

/KC

Hey KeyCat,

thank's it's a pleasure to hear this from you. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Warning Message: Script GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Dynamic_Voice\Player_Artillery\Client.sqs.sqs not found

What a shame... icon_rolleyes.gif

In my last test's i never had Artillery enabled becouse BIS enhanced the hit damage of the Artillery that far, that you never have a chancse to survive a Artillery attack and it really suck's if you have to start 30 times while testing just becouse you are always killed by the Artillery...

Thank's for the info KeyCat it's fixed and Re-Uploaded.

About the multiple target groups i think this need's a huge amount of time to rewrite the script and you always need to have guy's which can test it with you.

This was one of the main reasons why i stopped multiple target groups support.

Well i will not give up my hope that you may someday will continue your work on Group Link II. wink_o.gif

Hi, id like to ask why you have added that addon file in your script?

That makes creating MP missions with this script useless since addon must be in every player? Or is there way to bypass that addon somehow?

Hi, id like to ask why you have added that addon file in your script?

That makes creating MP missions with this script useless since addon must be in every player? Or is there way to bypass that addon somehow?

Well the AddOn contains all the voices used in the script but you can simply disable them.

Go to GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\Init.sqs and disable the create trigger script by putting a ";" at the beginning of the line.

Should look like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Voice triggers

;[] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\Triggers.sqs"

Now you can use the script without AddOn but remember if you do this you will disable all dynamic voices.

this sounds very nice but i still miss support for ships and aircraft tounge2.gif but i dunno maybe aircraft works if you put in in choppers? biggrin_o.gif

and idea would be to have aircrafts and choppers refuel , rearm themselves at one of the airports of players choice that would be nice. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BUGS:

There are still some sounds played twice directly after each other.

i think this is an Arma bug

I’m very pleased to see this great add-on. Wow.

Can you make just a “game logic “ sign to put somewhere in the map to activate the group link scripts made as PBO file? (Like the dynamic weather was made?)

I don’t really like to leave the game to edit the ini files if the mission I made is just “silly†and only for myself. The fun for the really good missions is immense with this add-on – but the really good missions are very rare.

I think the guys like me just play with the editor testing addons and themselves. (Too stupid for making good missions with great scripts..)

I love stuff like that. very nice work!

but there are a few things, that made me delete it again, for example, if you are the only one left from your team, your player is still screaming "reload", or "did u see something?" and more, but still, it is a nice idea. i liked ECP in OFP and keeped it always on, so this is gettn close to it, hope you keep up the good work! maybe you can turn this into a whole mod one day, so that every map is with these effects and nobody needs to edit anything wink_o.gif

Thank's for all the nice replay's. smile_o.gif

@Commando84

Support for ships and aircraft:

I'm sorry Commando84 i know you requested this several time's bevore so i will have a look at it on the weekend. wink_o.gif

@alpha125rbf

You mean to have the complete Group Link script as an AddOn?

Well yes i was thinking about this too.

@Metabolic

If you are alone many voices should not been triggered becouse the script alway's checks if there is more then 1 unit.

So it defenetly should not play the voice Reloading or thouse aware sounds if you are alone.

Sometimes you have to wait for a few sec. till the script detected that all units of your team are dead.

great work , this makes the game much more inmersive smile_o.gif .

P.D how can i dissable the screen messages like 1-1-c west supressed voice ? and is it possible to use the AI choppers support for both sides simultaneously? i say because i've had strange results with the AI detecting enemys even when they were 100 km away .thanks

this little message while playing a mission

97551746hb5.jpg

Hey william1,

thank's for reporting this. wink_o.gif

Look's like i just forgot to disable the hint after testing...

Okay download: ArmA_GroupLink_II_Plus!_v.1.0_Fix

In this archive you can find a file called "Server.sqs"

You have to replace the "Server.sqs" in "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Dynamic_Voice\Player_Suppressed\" with the one you have downloaded.

No sorry so far Chopper support can only be used by Enemy/AI.

About the other error.

This is something has to do with the house search but i did not get this error message since very long time so i thought it was fixed.

Sometimes this script really has an strange behaviour. huh.gif

I will check it.

Thanks for the help william1 wink_o.gif

I'm getting a script error whenever using the action to take an enemy captive. Haven't had too much experience on the scripting side, but could this line be the problem?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Set behaviour of captive units and add action "Take Captive" to captive units

{_x stop true;_x setCombatMode "CARELESS";_x setunitpos "UP";_x action ["DROPWEAPON",WeaponHolder,PrimaryWeap];_x removeWeapon SecondaryWeap;Surrender = _x addAction ["Take Captive", "AI\GL2Plus_Captive\Take_Captive.sqs"]} forEach units _captive

"AI\GL2Plus_Captive\Take_Captive.sqs" - AFAIK, it's trying to refer to an AI folder?

Great addon btw, adds so much atmosphere. smile_o.gif

Hey SNKMAN,

Would you mind pointing me to the script which Zonekiller made which you mention in your first post as i would like to use two target groups if possible, and im not 100% sure how to get it to work..

Thanks =)

Hey guy's,

sorry for the trouble... Next release i will take some more time to check everything completly...

<span style='color:red'>Links are renewed with all the fixes.</span>

@Jack-UK

Okay to use multiple targetgroups you need to create a new file called: GL2PlusInit.sqs

GL2PlusInit.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; -------------------------------------------------------------

; ArmA - Group Link II Plus! Initialize groups script - By Michael

; -------------------------------------------------------------

; Clear variable

_a = 0

; Array of target groups

_westgrps = [targetgroups]

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#loop

_grp = _westgrps select _a

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! script with several target group

[[Groups],[StaticGroups],[NoRemountGroups],TargetGroup,MaxAIGroups,Courage] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

?_a < 2 : _a = _a + 1; goto "loop"

Put this file in the directory "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\"

Now in your init.sqs of the mission you have to change:

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

[] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\Init.sqs"

to

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

[] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\GL2PlusInit.sqs"

How to config the "GL2PlusInit.sqs"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">If you like to use 2 Target groups called gw1,gw2

Example: _westgrps = [gw1,gw2]

?_a < 2 : _a = _a + 1; goto "loop"

The "< 2" is important to tell the script how many target groups are used.

[[groups],[static_groups],[no_vehicle_groups],target_group = ("_westgrps = [gw1,gw2]" = "_grp"),max_AI_groups,courage] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

Example: [[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5],[ge1,ge2],[ge3,ge4],_grp,3,0.10] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

Thanks alot for the response smile_o.gif

I appreciate it! smile_o.gif Keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

The same here:

Can any one say where i need to put the files and make PBO with it?

Because i want to use this in multiplayer and in my standard Campaign, its it possible to make that??    

btw: nice job   banghead.gif  help.gif