Sign in to follow this  
snkman

ArmA Group Link II Plus!

o)thanx for help)

Quote[/b] ]Everything will be configurated by the Mod. This safes a lot of time and thinking.

can't wait) thinking is really unsafe)

Hi SNKMAN, is it like grouplink3 from OFP which was incorporated into the famous SLX mod? Or doesn't have it anything in common?

Also the features you are telling sounds very great, however the main Problem with Grouplink2P is that any client PC must have it installed (the pbo) which is sadly rather bad for a wide spreading....

Thats why more coop-mission creators are using for exmple kronzkys Urban patrol script which runs out-of-the box for everyone....

Any chance for a "anti-water" code so that AI units get there weapons back after out of the water?

Regards, Christian

Ohhh, I must say that all that GL3-stuff looks nice! And I'm all for AI mods. Scripts are nice, but stuff as big as GL is really appreciated as mods.

Keep the work up, and I hope to see the next version soon! smile_o.gif

ohhh nice info Snkman! That really made me feel intrested again the GL script project. I have asked this many times before but will there be in the scripts a easy way to have boat groups? Sort of like coast guard or beach patrol groups that could around small islands or something giving support, and also for aircrafts would be sweet too. smile_o.gif

SNKMAN, we try to sign the addon to use it on our server, but i can't manage to create a key somehow...

Would you be so kind and quickly provide us a key? We want to play my new mission now and we need the bisign matching for the grouplink2plus.pbo first....

Edit, ok i created now a bisign-file for the GL2Plus.pbo file... goes quicker than i thought....

Can we use them on our server or can you quick make a key ( athink of 5 mins)..... we need it now unfortunately...

@nikita320106

Well i meaned save not safe. whistle.gif

@mr.g-c

No this "Group Link 3" script has absolutly nothing to do with the SLX Group Link 3.

In SLX the Group Link didn't support Static and No vehicle Groups and as far as i can remember many other Original Group Link features was also ripped out of the SLX Group Link 3.

Mine is totally based on the Original ( KeyCat ) Group Link 2 just with some new features plus it's way easyer to config becouse you do not need to call each groups like in Group Link 2.

Yes you can make things running without AddOns but then you have to drop things for example the Dynamic Speaking A.I. of Group Link 2 Plus! would never work without a AddOn so you have to choose make it script based only but without some special features or make it as an AddOn and then you can include a lot of greate features.

So i choosed the AddOn way becouse there are way more things you can do with it.

Indeed a Anti Water code would be a good idea.

@Commando84

smile_o.gif i din't forget your request but so far i never had a very useful solution for this... sad_o.gif

For example: Units in boats most times unmounted the boats even when they still was on the water so they most times loosed their weapons or died becouse ArmA soldiers are to stupid to swim.

Since i'm working on the mod i havend tryed this much times becouse i was focused on the mod but of course i will keep it in mind.

Edit, ok i created now a bisign-file for the GL2Plus.pbo file... goes quicker than i thought....

Can we use them on our server or can you quick make a key ( athink of 5 mins)..... we need it now unfortunately...

No problem use the one you made i first have to check out how this sign stuff works.

No problem use the one you made i first have to check out how this sign stuff works.

its not very complicated....

1. Download the DsCreatekey tool and run it as admin (if you using Vista) from command-line with "Dscreatekey YOURNAME"... then you have your key files...

2.Then download Bin PBO personal Edition, and pack the content of the GL2Plus.pbo file to a new GL2Plus.pbo File but first select under "options" your key-file which you created under step1.

Voila....

Thats all, but you have to re-release it as the GL2Plus.YOURNAME.bikey file only matches for the new packed PBO...

EDIT: FORGET THE ABOVE POSTED!!! Its even easier....

Reador point me to it here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1218051

Just create your key like in step 1 then run dssignfile.exe and you have your signed addon.... a real 2 min work....

Please release something official under your name as quick as possible....

Regards, Christian

Okay here is the version of ArmA Group Link II Plus! v.1.0 with signed addon.

ArmA Group Link II Plus v.1.0 Signed

NOTE: This is NO new release it just contains the signed GL2Plus.pbo.

Thanks for your help mr.g-c smile_o.gif

Okay here is the version of ArmA Group Link II Plus! v.1.0 with signed addon.

ArmA Group Link II Plus v.1.0 Signed

NOTE: This is NO new release it just contains the signed GL2Plus.pbo.

Thanks for your help mr.g-c smile_o.gif

No problem, your welcome mate....

So the PBO files is identically to the original release - means u used method "2" or do you really packed it brand-new?

Edit i checked it and its brand new..... i would advice you to use method "2" where you can keep your pbo-file packed and just create the fitting bisign-file for it... because the Problem is that when users mix the original PBO with the new bisign-file, it will not work and they will kicked from the servers.....

Im sorry that i posted version 2 so late, but it was Raedor which finally points me to it - otherwise i probably never found out how to do it....

Regards, Christian

smile_o.gif thanks for the mirror's guy's. thumbs-up.gif

smile_o.gif thanks for the mirror's guy's. thumbs-up.gif

I think you could/should update the mirrors in your first post, because they are still pointing to the unsigned version....

We need the server key aswell...... dunno if its the publickey or the private but i guess its the public-key

We need the server key aswell...... dunno if its the publickey or the private but i guess its the public-key

Push majestro..... wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Just need your public key-file you created with "DsCreatekey" and with you signed your addon.

Regards, Christian

Snkman

What is the latest with this. Im looking for a replacement for DAC 2.0 because it keeps running out of memory in my missions. Will this support multiple target groups in the future. Thanks for the update.

ArmA Group Link 2 Plus! is the latest official version, but a new version is on the way and very close to be released.

I was working all the time on making GL2 as an stand alone AddOn, so that you don't need to call each group with ge1=group this, ge2=group this and so on...

So far the project is looking very promissing and Group Link is getting better and better. smile_o.gif

The second really important thing was to convert the whole Group Link from .sqs to .sqf, what also is already done. smile_o.gif

In the next version there will be still only ONE Target Group supported.

ArmA Group Link 2 Plus! is the latest official version, but a new version is on the way and very close to be released.

I was working all the time on making GL2 as an stand alone AddOn, so that you don't need to call each group with ge1=group this, ge2=group this and so on...

So far the project is looking very promissing and Group Link is getting better and better. smile_o.gif

The second really important thing was to convert the whole Group Link from .sqs to .sqf, what also is already done. smile_o.gif

In the next version there will be still only ONE Target Group supported.

Thanks for the info Snk. What advantage is there in an sqf format vs. sqs. Also sorry to hear about 1 target group. That limits the application to your immediate group vs dac large system. Problem is DAC keeps crashing on me and Im trying to find an alternative. Keep up the good work.

Well .sqf is the favorite script language, so it's the future.

.sqf runs way smoother then .sqs and the .sqf syntax did not need that much Engine Peerformance then the .sqs syntax.

You can not compare GL with DAC they are bouth AI enhancement scripts but they work on a totally different way.

I prefer Group Link because you can create your mission the way you like and there still is a lot of Dynamic because of the use of Group Link.

DAC is a very awesome AI Enhancement script no question but to me Group Link will always be the one and only. smile_o.gif

About the multiple Target Groups:

There already was multiple tests and versions ( Not Released ) with multiple Target Groups but they never was that successful to release any... confused_o.gif

But if the day come and i ran out of ideas for GL i will try to get this working.

Is possible to call more than 1 chopper for unloading rein forcements? How to handle with East_Base H ?

If I use a combat chopper instead of a tranport one, will ir provide CAS for enemy group?

thanx

I was wondering - would group link II work with Dynamic group creator? Say have it set up so that if there are less than 50 opfor a trigger activates running the dgc script to create named units/reinforcement, then get the array of all alive OPFOR groups, kill group link II and then execute it with the gathered array of OPFOR groups.

I'm guessing I would have to more or less disable anything DGC would do other than ai creation and let Group link II handle the actual AI behavior.