Sign in to follow this  
Abbe

Begun crashing...

Had some troubles with my computer and reinstalled XP, other software and ArmA...Never had a crash with ArmA though, guess what, untill now...After the clean install, 10-20 min of play, artifacts, desktop, error message and another piece of confidence in this product gone... wink_o.gif

/Abbe

well, what error do you get? Latest drivers of everything?

You said that it worked before without a problem, so it doesn't seem to be the product but the user... banghead.gif

hehe...same drivers as before (the latest ofcourse, I mean, I've struggled to get the game running in a decent manner since 1.00 relese as the most of us...)

I think the error message was the famous "Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x2048 (size 5592416 B) Error code 8007000e" or something like that, but I don't think it really matters. Loading times has increast as well.

But thanks for the nice advise Kode, really helped.

/Abbe

use maxmem command, and make ur pagefile bigger(like 2gb-4gb)

I got like 10 crashes today, untill I saw that pagefile was off.

yepp, I'm using maxmem and a pagefile 2-4 gig.

/Abbe

You should try to change texture detail. If it's on default, change it to medium or something, if it's not on default, try putting it on default.

This is a known error, and there is even an existing thread about it here where you might find a solution.