Sign in to follow this  
Fred DM

A-10 Mission from US release

i could be wrong, but wasn't there supposed to be a mission with the new A-10? since patch 1.08 doesn't seem to include it i guess that it is an exclusive mission of the Atari US release. or am i wrong altogether and there is no such mission?

if the mission does exist, would anyone who has it be so kind as to share it? smile_o.gif

It exists.

Only EU version exclusive mission was promised to be in 1.08 patch and it's really there.

It exists.

Only EU version exclusive mission was promised to be in 1.08 patch and it's really there.

you mean "Blood, Sweat and Tears", right?

i'm not talking about that. there was supposed to be a mission introducing the newly included A-10.

i'm not talking about that. there was supposed to be a mission introducing the newly included A-10.

Yes, and as I know, it was supposed to be in US Release (where it is - it's name is Devil's Cross) and not in 1.08 patch.

Ya, the US players have the A-10 map, your not missing a whole lot, but then again im not the greatest pilot on gods green earth.

Mostly its see tank, shoot with mavrick, find another tank.

I still want to see the A-10 in Evolution! WHERE IS IT? >_<

Yes, and as I know, it was supposed to be in US Release (where it is - it's name is Devil's Cross) and not in 1.08 patch.

maybe i wasn't clear enough the first time: i know it is not in the patch 1.08. why would i ask here if it was? whistle.gif

so if someone has the US version and is aware of this mission, could they please share it?

i remember that quite a few gentlemen here were very kind to share "Blood Sweat and Tears" with us "v1.00 buyers" before it was included in the patch.

I would also be interested in this mission, could anyone upload it somewhere?

I would also be interested in this mission, could anyone upload it somewhere?

i second that biggrin_o.gif

"Devil's Cross" with the A-10 in the US release. I think it's locked until you beat some of the other single player missions, however.

If you want to verify for yourself, I believe the file is \missions\M14DevilsCross.sara.pbo

HTH, HAND

Thanks a lot Unleashed2k thumbs-up.gif.

Thanks Unleashed!

not much words, just a download link - more deeds than words! I like that!

Screw doing the secondary objectives, I blow everything up in sight.

Whacked two Shilkas with the cannon in one pass - severe skill on my behalf. tounge2.gif

Not exactly a mission to be jealous of.

compared to the original campaign and single missions, this one is great.

Edit: i just completed it. i really like this one. resupplying is as complicated as ever, but at least it works. i like how secondary objectives keep popping up all over the battlefield, but you can just ignore them if you don't feel like completing them. i also like the radio traffic during the mission - very atmospheric. i wish the rest of the ArmA campaign was like this. confused_o.gif

Yeah I've not seen any missions the A-10 yet..

But this one i'm tryin out now..

smile_o.gif

And if you do a barrel roll, you shout "Yeehaw!" or "Yippee!" or something. A good mission, I enjoyed it alot.

I still want to see the A-10 in Evolution! WHERE IS IT? >_<

here here!

And for those of us that are abit slow learners, where shall I put the downloaded file to make it work (1.08 EU version)

PS:"Those who beat their swords into plowshares wind up plowing for those who did not."

What an absolutely hilarious line! Who wrote that?

Not sure which file your on about, but the qoute in my sig has an unknown author, but relates to giving up you right to protect yourself, not meant to be comedy, lol.

Well I mean the downloaded mission of course.

And I think that your sig. can be read in different ways. But it was very clever in all its simplicity.

I really enjoyed this mission. It had a simple concept but the features (radio chatter, the little "kill indicator" and the secondary objectives) made it worthwhile. This is much more like it BIS, along with "Blood, Sweat and Tears" the official missions are beginning to resemble OFPs.

BTW, it might just be me but this mission made me think of "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy, with the A10s strafing Russian tanks in CAS role.