Sign in to follow this  
bxbx

1st  MLOD from ARMA ODOL v40 - M16A4.P3D

I am a new employee in BIS from now, and all informations about ODOL v40 are secret and I can't share it. sorry. from same reason I must stop gatebuilder developing.

good luck in your research.

I am a new employee in BIS from now, and all informations about ODOL v40 are secret and I can't share it. sorry. from same reason I must stop gatebuilder developing.

Nice job mate!! Have fun at ur new job!

Aint that typical mad_o.gif

Anyway, congrats bxbx!

Good luck to you smile_o.gif And congratulations

But that's not a good new for the community...

Good for you and hopefully for us too!

You blackmailed them thretening to relese the MLOD code? wink_o.gif

I hope the modding tools release is really soon and that this is the reason you were told not to waste your time for Gate Builder.

Really nice work. Adn congratulations. I hope you'll be working on Ozone, that would be great news.

Good luck to you smile_o.gif And congratulations

But that's not a good new for the community...

hmmmm ... yes, ditto

Still needs Memory, Geom etc. Lods but... and models that inherit pieces from other models are just scary. uv's present, but no face to textures, so requires manual mapping presently.

lods.jpg

Hahaha. Another man the BIS will have to hire?

Anyways would be great news, The default soldier's reskins are starting to become a pain.

arma T72smile_o.gif (7 lods + texture)

Nice. But meshes and textures we can make on our own. I'm most happy about the selections.

selections are defined (just not in the picture i posted). mlod is not the currently outputed format, but .obj - as one can specify materials as well in .obj format but you cannot specify materials in mlod - only textures.

defining selections 'properly' in obj format requires reindexing and is 'comming along'...

IcebirdMK forgot to say his picture's source is from 3dRipper whereas the one i posted is sourced from p3d v40.

Quote[/b] ]selections are defined (just not in the picture i posted). mlod is not the currently outputed format, but .obj - as one can specify materials as well in .obj format but you cannot specify materials in mlod - only textures.

defining selections 'properly' in obj format requires reindexing and is 'comming along'...

So can you upload man model with selections defined and correct memory LOD ? It will be a breal out for Arma addons wink_o.gif

Correctly mapped model available with 3DReaper, we know selections/config from SLX example but it's too hard/long to define them in the model sad_o.gif

Ha this is funny. If he would have completed his Modeling software. He could probly sell it to people on a commerical level an then people could make commerical addons. lol But congrats man.

m16a4 (link removed)

us_soldier_sniper (link removed)

links not available 24/7...

Ha this is funny. If he would have completed his Modeling software. He could probly sell it to people on a commerical level an then people could make commerical addons. lol But congrats man.

QFT + RTM. You of all people should know the rules.

as i am genuinely intrigued by all forms of human communication (especially ones with a seriously good philosophical debate behind them)... what does 'QFT + RTM' mean - if it's R18 you don't need to post it...

qft = quote for truth

i imagine he is reffereing to the none disclosure bxbx will now have signed .

rtm = report to moderator.

I believe shinraiden is the configuration manager for B.I.A and would not want any talk of people making usermade addons that will sidestep the normal route ,thus negating some very nice eula`s that are allegedly written into official tools such as oxygen and texview2 etc.

eula = End user licence agreements.

I took a closer look at the model. It's more 20000 poly (original ripped model about 7000 ) and there' s no mapping sad_o.gif Can you make smth about that ?

About "open hands" - i meant hands not covered by gloves and open up to elbows. Like on some west units with rolled up shirt-sleeves

So, I've gone through the post but a bit stumped.

I want to open the BIS Sedan in O2, but can't and I worked out its something to do with MLOD and ODOL.

What' the steps that I need to take to let O2 open it?

re:- poly count....

LOD 1.0

- 7873 poly's (7493 tri's, 380 quads)

out of the 7873 poly's, 7841 of them are in more than one component selection.

the way the obj file is written out is...

- write out all the components.

- then write out any poly's that are not in components.

you'll note in that particular model there are 626 'faces' that belong to a component selection called 'body_injury' - those faces would not be rendered until (obviously) a body injury occurred - at that point i'd imagine (like most game engines) they'd be swapped for others...

so, if the engine displayed all the faces of all the components for a given LOD at a given point in time that would be what it looked like. (sorta...)

anyhoo... it's easier to write out in .obj format all the verts & faces by component than go through and write out all faces (in this case 7873) and then list out what components that face might or might not belong too...

if you have a look at the m16a4 you'll note that the 1.0 and viw pilot lods are of a similar face count to bxbx's this is because in this particular model a given face pretty much is only in 1 component selection, and so only 1 face is getting obj'd.

re:- mappings...

there's uv's... do the texture mapping yourself if that's what your referring to (as they are not available atm)... but why would you need too?

the objective here is to see how the 'proper' model construction should be done for this particular engine so as to produce an optimal addon of one's own - principally that 'fat desk sergant addon' who's eaten too many pies with the 'custom' animation of him giving you the 'bird' after calling him 'petal', the pet nickname you overheard his wife calling him?  wink_o.gif

i digress... for instance, seeing that a 'stencil shadow' LOD for (this one anyway) a character unit has 10,000 poly's and the 1.0 LOD has 7,500 is most interesting.

where as many vehicles and weapons the ratio is the other way around.

has this particular character model been 'developed' incorrectly or does having a more detailed 'shadow' on a character provide for a better render in game for priamry models?

@JasonO... O2 does not open ArmA models.

Quote[/b] ]LOD 1.0

- 7873 poly's (7493 tri's, 380 quads)

? I got 21172 after importing into 3dmax... though it may be because the model gets triangulated...

Quote[/b] ]you'll note in that particular model there are 626 'faces' that belong to a component selection called 'body_injury' - those faces would not be rendered until (obviously) a body injury occurred - at that point i'd imagine (like most game engines) they'd be swapped for others...

In ofp/arma there're no new faces for injury - it's just defined in the config texture swapped on selected faces. If you got "body" and  body_injury as different faces - it's a mistake.

Thanks for the civil models (don't know why not not post it here) - they are lighter and easier to understand.

Quote[/b] ]re:- mappings...

there's uv's... do the texture mapping yourself if that's what your referring to (as they are not available atm)... but why would you need too?

i'd likre to have ready to use hands,head that can be just merged with another model