Sign in to follow this  
celery

Mini Realism Mod - Accuracy enhancement

Thanks Celery for the code snippet smile_o.gif

And thanks Sickboy for the invaluable coding tip smile_o.gif

Incidentally Celery, I wrote an eventhandler that I wanted applied to everything in the map, and the solution suggested to me was to make a huge trigger that covers everything, set it to Anybody, present, once

and have something like this in the on activation:

{_x addeventhandler ["killed", {[_this select 0, _this select 1] exec "myHandler.sqs"}]} foreach thislist;

correcting for new knowledge from Sickboy wink_o.gif this should give you some ideas about how to apply the eventhandler without using the init field for each unit.

You can also use "nearObjects".

I was using createTrigger before, but finally found out that nearObjects to be much faster to get a list of objects. Unless of course you have a special condition to meet for the units you want to detect, in which case changing the condition statement of the trigger accordingly is better.

But for a simple "I need the list of all OPFOR soldiers 100m around here", I simply use a <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_position nearObjects ["SoldierEB", 100]

Moving to mission editing and scripting