Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

New ATI 7.5 Drivers out

Good news:

Armed Assault: Handle count leak maybe noticed during game play in Task Manager. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27467

Is now mentioned in the known faults section, pitiful.

in short no good news for us ArmA users ... terrible ...

now AMD.ATI should offer us at least HOTFIX drivers (beta, nonWHQL with that fix)

I think you will find only big titles will get their attention first, personally I don't have this issue or am unaware of the performance hit maybe as I am an AMD / ATI user it effects me less ?

Oh well, for those it really effects then only another 4-5 weeks before the next driver release.

Dwarden I just saw your post (if its yours) on rage3d.com

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33884046

Do ATI staff go on rage3d.com? I thought it was just a fan website/board...

What are our options? Subscribe to the ticket on ati website?

Send emails to ati?

What do you think are the best actions to be taken in order to get an hotfix?

Considering it took me four months to get my ArmA running with the 6.7 drivers, if it ain't broke why fix it confused_o.gif

I was going to say alot of bad language...

but then i tought what for..

BIS don't have any fault on this subject nor i blame them..

I rader say this: My next future video card will NOT be ATI for sure!!!

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>@ATI: Thank you for reading all our requests, and ignoring my personal request and ticket. You just lost another client.</span>

I think these have been released just becouse it's start of month so the 2900 update drivers would be at the same time.

Only 2 fixes i beleave. My 2900 only seems to have the problem with out of date software ( Arma ). Arma runs great but cannot get the max setting with it though were every other game seems to max out without problems...

If you want true hardware performance you need software that supports new hardware which i think Arma does not well at least to the point not to other new games anyways.

And if the problems are going be solved it's going be next update. BUT as i said only one i have it out of date software ( Arma ). Like my 7900 ran OFP like crap too.

They might even be waiting for things to stablize too with these patches pritty soon after each other ya do know M$ charge them for updated drivers right ?

I see, in Catalyst 7.5 changelog, that they only talk about Arma handle leak in Windows XP known issues.

Is Vista also a victim of that bug ?

I waited for 7.5 before changing my X1900XT for a 2900XT or a 8800GTS, now that 7.5 are out I don't know what to do... ATI... Nvidia huh.gif?

Thanks.

Franck.

Calm down guys.

If Ati mentions it officially in 7.5 release notes it means they are fixing it.

We just need a bit more patience. (I know IT's HARD)

actually one of ATI staff members said the delay on 7.5 release was MS WHQL labs fault ...

some issue in theirs labs caused that the whole process was freezed for 1 week ...

actually one of ATI staff members said the delay on 7.5 release was MS WHQL labs fault ...

some issue in theirs labs caused that the whole process was freezed for 1 week ...

oh comon Dwarden, thats pure crap ... (at least for me is)

Does "he" mention a fix patch for this problem soon, does "he"? (guess not)

I was told from BIS leader that ATI is planing for a fix in the future. But i woun't wait another 6 months.

In everyday day ATI let this problem unsolved, they gaim more and more bad reputation... and they will lose more and more clients.

Im will not wait another 6 months for a fix, to play ARMA as i shoukld. If they don't fix this fast I just won't buy anymore ATI hardware, because they don't know how to support their clients like they did to me. They said to me before it was not an ATI issue, and to contact the GAME program leaders.. (and i did)

For that answer i will not buy more crap from ATI if i don't see results fast, this mean another patch or a fix for this problem.

***runs away crying saddly***

sad thing confused_o.gif

have a look at sahrani map Fg19 you will see something like a big net... huge handle leaks and ctd's are annoying.

Quote[/b] ]Currently there is no solution.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating. Any updates will be published when they become available.

We only can sit and wait?

I see, in Catalyst 7.5 changelog, that they only talk about Arma handle leak in Windows XP known issues.

Is Vista also a victim of that bug ?

I waited for 7.5 before changing my X1900XT for a 2900XT or a 8800GTS, now that 7.5 are out I don't know what to do... ATI... Nvidia huh.gif?

Thanks.

Franck.

I feel your pain mate.

Im also on Vista and had a X1950pro but just got my new 8800GTS 640mb, mainly because of ATI´s slow progress of drivers (for ARMA) but also because of DX10. Im happily surprised of the speed increase and abillity to run Arma at higher res (1680x1050 native of my 20" wide lcd) thanks to the 640mb. Still some crashes from the "cant allocate memory" bug tho.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>@ATI: Thank you for reading all our requests, and ignoring my personal request and ticket. You just lost another client.</span>

Told the same, next card will be not ATI mad_o.gif

i feel the irony in the air icon_rolleyes.gif

At least i bet Nvidia would not give answers like this one:

Quote[/b] ]The issue can be game-specific. I would recommend that you contact the game developer for a game patch or other suggestions.

Funny, my x850xt does not seem to suffer from handle leaks. I have the second most recent drivers. Most of the fixes are for their more recent cards. ATI cards also were slightly buggy with OFP(textures jerking at extreme angles). What more can you say about a company that sets their default fan speeds so low their cards overheat?

And what is up with the bleached out custom faces when in jpg format? That is just plain bizarre.

lets face the fact, ArmA aint a big game with a lots and lots of ppl playing it, and that the game are so big that it eats up your card completely and card makers simply dont care shit as you are almost a nobody mad_o.gif

@Mr.Peanut ,

ati ways of handling JPG problem is there since 9500

Yeah my ATI is sitting nicely in the box off my pc, my Nvidia 7600 runs it better then this ..... card did. Getting a better Nvidia card.

Whhhoooaaa there, why not start another thread ATI vs NVidia. This was pointing out that yes the problem is recognised as an ATI issue (which is a plus point) but sadly not fixed yet (minus point). ATI have stated they will try and release 12 driver updates a year which, by my simple math, is about 11 more than NVidiots get nener.gif hehehee

I'm stick with ATI atm as I like my cards, 9800pro, X850XT and my X1950Pro. Gave my Ti4200 away but I hear it is still working doh.

Whhhoooaaa there, why not start another thread ATI vs NVidia. This was pointing out that yes the problem is recognised as an ATI issue (which is a plus point) but sadly not fixed yet (minus point). ATI have stated they will try and release 12 driver updates a year which, by my simple math, is about 11 more than NVidiots get   nener.gif  hehehee

I'm stick with ATI atm as I like my cards, 9800pro, X850XT and my X1950Pro. Gave my Ti4200 away but I hear it is still working doh.

The *vs* will always happen when more than one product/company tries to win the customers. The good thing is that the development (competition) is kept up, the downside is that if you buy one product some other company might release a better product the next month.

Also if you buy a product that you are happy with you tend to stick with the same brand.

Thr0tt you have the same evolution as me: Ti4200, 9800pro, X850XT and X1950Pro biggrin_o.gif .

I am now in total agreement, i will NEVER buy another ATI/AMD product again , Another customer lost!

The *vs* will always happen when more than one product/company tries to win the customers. The good thing is that the development (competition) is kept up, the downside is that if you buy one product some other company might release a better product the next month.

Also if you buy a product that you are happy with you tend to stick with the same brand.

Thr0tt you have the same evolution as me: Ti4200, 9800pro, X850XT and X1950Pro  biggrin_o.gif .

nice, so you too couldn't be bothered with DX10 stuff until it matures tounge2.gif but SM3.0 was a must have (damn RvS:Vegas).