Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Realistic Tracers

I'm a little confused here, the readme sais the mod removes the tracers.

but this:

{[_x, 5,1,0,2] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs"} ForEach thislist

was supposed to give them tracers right, I can't get it to work if I write this in:

[this,5] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs";

it works perfect but its really anoying having to do it by every single unit

The...

{d=[_x, 5,0,1,2] execVM "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqf"} ForEach thislist

command line goes into a TRIGGER that is placed via the mission editor.  The above exec line goes into the "On ACt." field of the trigger.  Also, make sure the trigger a,b range extends over all the units, and have the activation option set to "anybody."

The mod removes the vanilla tracers and replaces them with centipede's orb tracers (assuming the mission you play has the above mentioned trigger in it).

<edited: There are new ways to implement the tracers also; read Sickboy's post below>

The...

{[_x, 5,1,0,2] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs"} ForEach thislist

command line goes into a TRIGGER that is placed via the mission editor.  The above exec line goes into the "On ACt." field of the trigger.  Also, make sure the trigger X,Y range extends over all the units, and have the activation option set to "anybody."

The mod removes the vanilla tracers and replaces them with centipede's orb tracers (assuming the mission you play has the above mentioned trigger in it).

lol, i was about to quote you Kenbow, from the other tracers thread smile_o.gif

Additional Info about Centipede Realism Tracers (NEW)...

In the "[_x,5,0,1,2]" part of the command line, here are what the # values mean....

1st # value (set as "5" above)[set as 1 thru 10]= this will determine which round is the tracer round inbetween regular rounds.  For example, the value above it set to "5", so every 5th round will be a tracer round.

2nd # value (set as "0" above)[***ALWAYS SET AT 0]=  

***Edited***- this vaule is for ricochet ON/OFF effects in an older version.  For this current version, you should ALWAYS have this set to "0".  And, the ricochet effects will still work.

3rd # value (set as "1" above)[either set as 1 or 0]=

1- means all weapons (rifes and machineguns) will fire the tracers;

0- means only machineguns fire tracers (infantry MGs and vehicle MGs), but rifles (i.e. M-4, M-16, M107) will NOT fire the tracer rounds.

4th # value (set as "2" above)[set as 1,2,3,4,5]=

This is the actual size of the tracer orb.  Size "1" seems to be the most realistic, but you may change it to fit your preference (1=smallest, 5=largest)

It wasn't me... its some kind of bug, the tracers are only visible when fired up in the air, if fired to close to the ground they disapear...

okay got it now, if I turn the ricochet effect off I can see them on the ground and the funny thing is the ricochet effect still works...

yes everything works perfect now... it almost gives you a whole new game, not having green and red lines flying arround

We need to update the scripts, the GAU-8 30 mm cannon is not included biggrin_o.gif

And I opt for a change in the script, so the tracer will start at the muzzle. If possible gradually increase the brightness to 100% for the first 100 m.

Which is the actual behaviour of a tracer. They are ignited with the muzzleflash.

I am unable to record a video, the tracers dissapear the moment I want to record, due to fps loss I assume.

Yeah, I know those guns are bugged, but the GAU-8 was not included (script is based on 1.05).

The blinding muzzleflash is a major problem with night vision goggles. I like it for the naked eye, if the muzzle flash was no 2D texture biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, if someone could figure out how to record tracers (I don't want to mess with the settings for that matter)...

And I opt for a change in the script, so the tracer will start at the muzzle. If possible gradually increase the brightness to 100% for the first 100 m.

Which is the actual behaviour of a tracer. They are ignited with the muzzleflash.

That would be very nice!

I can add the weapon and ammo, but I don't know nothing about scripting.

For a easy way of communicating, Kenbow, do you have an instant messanger like AIM, ICQ or MSN?

for some reason i cant get this to work (i have followed everything), could somebody post an example misson perhpas

thanks

hi... i have been lazing around lately... been working on the tracer, then decided to get a long vacation. seems u modified my tracer... no worry, i gave u permission to redesign and redistribute. anything good comes out of it, all the better for arma community

about 1.13 and 1.14, this still holds true. i prefer 1.13 over 1.14, without ricochet effect. i'll look into the gau problem later on, but i suspect it has something to do with rico effect on...

before i went MIA, i was working on 1.13a, to remove the option ricochet effect on/off. but gave up ultimately.

the difference between using rico effect on and off is that when rico is on, u actually call the getPos script every few miliseconds(maybe) and drop the particle effect every few miliseconds with time to live very short.

when using rico off, u only call getPos script once and drop the particle effect once with time to live around 4 seconds, so not so much script lag... and that's why u dont see the tracer when firing thru/near bush or trees or grass.

still, even rico is off, the tracer will ricochet if u fired it very near to u.

anyway, good job on disabling bis tracer. top notch thumbs-up.gif

dont hold ur breath... it's just the same as 1.13, and thats where i stop before, if u need to understand the script i'll be glad to help. improving the script... i'm just worn out. hehehe.

maybe later smile_o.gif