Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

Kicked out of a game-issue

I think all of you know the problem. You often get a "You have been kicked"-messagen even though you havent been kicked but rather there are problems with the server.

I know you didnt have enough time to program a fully functionial interface due to time and money problems - as said in the interview - but I think this is really something that needs to be overworked.

Cheers

thats odd, i have never had that msg pop up, or been kicked out of a server for that matter.

been playing since 1.02 and have yet to see anything remotly close to that. maybe you were kicked, and its not a server problem?

No. Definitly not. Sometimes I have been the Admin on the server and suddenly - in the middle of the action - i was kicked. noone ever knows what has happend.

on the other hand sometimes when i try to join a server (ping ~60) I cannot join because i get the same msg imediatly.

Sometimes the problem when it says 'you have been kicked' when you join a server is that you may have a custom face/sounds!

Some servers dont allow custom faces/sounds!

The pain in the ass bit is others can see the reason why,but you cant! crazy_o.gif

Nah its not either. I have nothing customized. Uhhm but you just brought my mind on something I struggled with lately:

I almost ALWAYS get a message 'i am using a modified data-file CA' - even though i have never modded anything. what is CA and why all this message?

In versions previous to 1.07beta you had this message when trying to connect to a locked server. It has been fixed in the recent beta patch.

Quote[/b] ]1.07 - Fixed When failed to join to a locked server, the correct cause is shown now.

Ok thanks. But this is actually weird. Im constantly getting errors which are said to be fixed although i apllied the right patches huh.gif

some servers kick u for having high ping. For instance the moment ur ping goes above 200ms u are kicked..

Right. That may explain some. I suggest BIS will indroduce a second parameter to the #kick command which will state a reason for the kick if possible

#kick Mr. X Y Z

=>

#kick "Mr. X Y Z" "Your Ping is too high"