Sign in to follow this  
luki

Everon 0.1

This addon contains an example of the OFP Everon island for ArmA. You need Arma Version 1.07 or higher

everonfs9.gif

Objects and Vegetation are from Arma

This version still contains streets and forests of OFP and I does not placed all object's correctly yet

Pics:

pic0 pic1 pic2

pic3 pic4 pic5

Thanks to solus and his description on how to creating textures for islands and marco polo for his config works and all the others wich made it possible to create island for ArmA

Use at your own risk

Download 1 thx to armaholic

Dowload 2

"Stavanger´s Militaria - Download under Map/Island"

Armed Assault Zone.com

www.armed-assault-zone.com mirror

just use the @ace_everon foldier to start the Island

greez sgt.ace

Progress update pics: Pic

Nice work! It's an odd mix of the old and new, but oh how I've missed the dense OFP forests smile_o.gif

However, I get an error upon loading the map in the mission editor:

No Entry "bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default".

I get jerky performance upon first loading, most probably due to the Solus derived terrain rvmat (since I have the same problem on his desert island). It works, but I think it's doing something wrong...

WOOT! Downloading now. Hope to see the others from you as well smile_o.gif

It'is a part of the official CWC to ARMA REARMED project ?

It'is a part of the official CWC to ARMA REARMED project ?

No. whistle.gif

Very cool.

I was looking for some old school OFP stuff, but enhanced with the ARMA engine

The Arma Community have some absolutely talented individuals!  I can'T wait to fly around this one in the morning.  Can you imagine what it is going to be like once them tools are released!  Great Job!  Mind it if I ask you a couple of question off Line Sgt Ace? notworthy.gif

Good work, but idon't like tihs... why we have to settles old textyres and models??? I newer download the old ofp maps etc. ih tey hawe new textures buildings etc. Sorry my bad english

Quote[/b] ]why we have to settles old textyres and models

90% of Textures and Object are from ArmA

nice job... got all nostalgic here...

still needs some work but it was great runing arround everon in arma and without any lag at all

Pretty neat, gotta check it out as soon as im home.

Maybe i post some pics with my OFP style reskin units for the good old OFP feeling biggrin_o.gif

I was actually surprised to see how well the old buildings looked in the game.  The detail textures still work which makes them look great, and the sun reflects off the windows too.  Clipping works as well.  Looks like BIS went the extra mile with compatibility.

So what's this I hear about "we can't do anything before we get the tools"? Once again the community proves it's possible to do anything even without the proper tools, awesome work!

Someone here wrote about no lag; is it a rule for OFP converted islands that they give you much better performance?

That would be insane! Running on (max) 10fps through default islands is starting to annoy me wink_o.gif

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooo my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

i waited for Everon, Malden back !

now all together and we make CWC ourself biggrin_o.gif

The OFP islands run a lot better.  My PC specs are low so I sort of adore these lower quality islands.

I'd like to see Saharani completely redone only in WRPEdit :P

Can't wait for Nogova. I miss that island.

Quote[/b] ] is it a rule for OFP converted islands that they give you much better performance?

Wouldn't quite call it a rule but OFP islands were much smaller and had less detail then the ArmA Sahrani so yes less lag is almost guaranteed but still depends on the settings you set. But you should notice higher frame rates on this island compared to Sahrani.

Anyway nice island brings back good memory's from good old OFP times.

yeah great effort.. however. I hope this can be collected somehow and part of a bigger release because a few diffrent people releasing diffrent stuff tends to get "slipped".

Great work anyway.

EDIT: Also this one shows the point of sharing information... *big hint towards some semi officiall mod*

Guest RKSL-Rock

One quick question, what happened to the runway? tounge2.gif

Am i right to assume you can only use one texture on the island then?

yesssss, good old Everon. i just love that island.

btw, I don't know if this has been posted before in the ofp section, but has anyone been to the Krk island in Croatia (my homeland)?

mapa.jpg

another, more detailed Krk map

looks familiar? biggrin_o.gif even the airport and the towns are in the same positions. that was one more reason to loooove OFP. I remember opening Everon in editor and that feeling of deja vu. biggrin_o.gif

I guess Spanel brothers went there for a summer holiday biggrin_o.gif

so, if you want to see what real life Everon looks like, you know where to go.

Outstanding smile_o.gif absolutely outstanding. Thanks for your very good work on this, I think you nailed yourself a name in the community smile_o.gif

It's pretty much as it was in OFP, couple of things missing (castle on hill) and I think some vegetation is different (as in placed different), and the dense forest models don't cast shadows but I'm more than happy with it smile_o.gif

I'm aware of it's beta status wink_o.gif so just take these comments as info NOT criticism, which it certainly is not.

One thing for the lower end machines - is it possible to also generate a no-grass version? For the purists? wink_o.gif

That's not a requirement for me though, some of my online buddies have slower machines (and generally prefer no grass) and the NG version of Sahrani is proving quite popular.

Quote[/b] ]One quick question, what happened to the runway? tounge2.gif

Am i right to assume you can only use one texture on the island then?

I used one grass textur for the whole big island and desert texures for the smal islands around everon. Sahrani uses thousends of texture files and its not easy to create texture transitions without the tools. I trie to get some more textures ingame like the runnway

and a no grass version is no problem

greetz

Thanks a lot! This is great; I tested the island and I like it very much. And this is only the beginning smile_o.gif

With a P 4 3.2 ghz, 1 gig RAM and 1950pro, I get 70 - 105 fps in my quick test runing alone in the island, (AA high, aniso high, etc) yay.gif