Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

Ahhh... here is the info I was looking for. I am a realism junky when it comes to things like this. Can't wait. I was searching high and low for a website because I heard rumors about this mod but couldn't find anything. Now I see why after somebody pointed me to this thread.

Just a quick update ...

Work is still prgressing on the mod. I had a bit of delay as school ended, but now I am back into things full swing.

Expect more details soon.

I consider buying a new rig just for ArmA, after your (or similar) mod is relased.

Just in case you didn't know... wink_o.gif

I am really looking forward to your mod as it made OFP a whole new (better) experience.

I have no doubt that ACE will be amazing.

the other day i saw some guy had '@ACE as a modified CA' on this server, i was like " WOW ITS OUT ALREADY!!!!!" i was just about to press alt F4 and google it, but then the guy told me he was just beta testing, he even gave me a release date, but it might not be official so i won't say it

(for privacy i won't say the guys name either, don;t want him to get in trouble for telling me stuff)

Is there a feature list for the first and subsequent ACE releases?

Just a quick update - we are still moving forward and have started internal test.  We hope to have a limited Alpha out soon.  

As for features:

Lots of new equipment and vehicles - more to follow.

post-3-1183091100.jpg

M1A1 Desert version

That's wonderful news. I thought it would be several months before a mod of this scope was going to even be showing its features let alone test / alpha release.

Looking forward to it.

Are you working on troops as well, or just vehicles and equipment? I'd like to see what you blokes can crank out texturewise if you are choosing to have a look at the blokes themselves.

We are working on everything.  

Infantry, Equipment, Weapons, Vechiles, Visual Effects, Sound Effects, etc.

Here is one of our MARPAT Marines:

post-3-1183109109.jpg

Looking awsome, I'm really looking forward to this.

Infantry, Equipment, Weapons, Vechiles, Visual Effects, Sound Effects, etc.

Here is one of our MARPAT Marines:

USMC only, or Army too?

Do you plan to make it modular as WGL 5 is?

It was really good to have so good tool for fast and easy replacement of units.

Also, do you plan to divide soldier models (and groups) into desert and woodland, or all in one as was in WGL (which wasn't best solution).

Quote[/b] ]USMC only, or Army too?

We are planning on doing a very wide range of units from all branches and from many different nations (currently working on USA and Australia, Russia and North Korea but will be bringing in more nations in the near future - each nation will have correct equipment and uniforms, etc).

Quote[/b] ]Do you plan to make it modular as WGL 5 is?

It was really good to have so good tool for fast and easy replacement of units.

Also, do you plan to divide soldier models (and groups) into desert and woodland, or all in one as was in WGL (which wasn't best solution).

We're planning on making it modular, but hopefully more so than WGL. We want to make it easier to interface with (we're still trying out various methods - recommendations welcome).

There will be more complete "prearranged" units (the F2 choice) with ACE. Right now, I've grouped units according to woodland and desert (as well as AI woodland and AI desert). Time permitting (and time for island creation) we may also bring in Winter. Again, we are planning on a much wider selection of nations and equipment with ACE and will need some method of making all those units easily found and placed. I've even begun toying with the idea of creating a new completely interface dialogue - but that is low on the priority list right now.

I'll post more as we take breaks from editing and testing.

Good to hear about this mod.

Hope its free, theres alot of stuff around money in what ARMA's concern latelly... sad_o.gif

good luck and good inspirations.

We are planning on doing a very wide range of units from all branches and from many different nations (currently working on USA and Australia, Russia and North Korea but will be bringing in more nations in the near future - each nation will have correct equipment and uniforms, etc).

Got ACU? I'd like to see what you blokes are working on, if you're at that stage yet.

Just a quick update - we are still moving forward and have started internal test.  We hope to have a limited Alpha out soon.  

As for features:

post-3-1183091100.jpg

M1A1 Desert version

Probably this message is the highlight of the day among the other highlight, the iphone-launch.

Are you guys planing to use comunity made addons, or will you be doing stuff on your own. Well, it's pretty much to be done.

Anyway, good luck with the project.

smile_o.gif

Oh I have been waiting for you guys to start posting news about ArmA and ACE ^^ This is really good news for the tactical player groups.

Oh, just great to hear this update! Can't wait to put my hands on the first alpha build! WAITING...

I think a very important question is:

Will the missions that are already out, be playable with ACE mod or only the missions that are converted to work with ACE?

The MOD will be free (but donations will gladly be accepted  wink_o.gif ).

ACU - not ready for display yet, but almost there.  Working on the weapons configs as well (still need the models).

We are planning on using models we make internally as well as any external models that people are willing to give permission for us to include (any type of model - even things like trash cans, etc).  Since we will be covering such as massive range of vehicles, weapons, etc, we know that we will not be able to model all of them ourselves, so we will be requesting permission from time to time.

If anyone out there is willing to give permission, please don't hesitate to contact me (PM).

Thanks

Edit: I forget the last question -

Right now, the plan is to create ACE versions of the best maps available, but as time permits, the goal is to make all mission playable with the ACE conversions. If you are a mission maker and want to help out with ACE, please PM me (but realize we are looking for realistic style missions).

Will armor be more balanced than in the OFP WGL? I remember that the Abrams was ridiculously overpowered compared to similar Soviet/Russian designs. It took something like 4-5 T-90 shells just to kill an M1A2 but the M1A2 could kill it a single shot. Shacktactical tried a few armor missions with T-80s vs earlier Abrams and the like and the missiles and SABOT rounds from the T-80s barely scratched the Abrams.