Sign in to follow this  
Kev

What addon is BI working on?

Hello friends,

i am a bit disapointed about the actualy state of Armed Assault.

All that gives me fun and hope for this game are releases from

some mod teams over here. actualy i am thinking about to make an own mode team, i have about 30 pages of ideas only for vehicles and also 180 pages of full addon ideas to crate.... but this is a other topic.

I am a big fan of the Operation Flashpoint ( now ARMA ) series.

But what i see happening by the developers is disapointing me a bit.

VBS 2 is released now and totaly based on Armed Assault like

everybody can see on the tech video.

But with some changes:

VBS2 seems to be almost bug free and totaly no lags in gaming.

Also vbs2 has some improvements we all hoped to have this improvements sometime too.

So my question is:

- Can we expect more USMC vehicles and maybe some ADF vehicles like we can see in the VBS2 materials, also more OPFOR units because we have almost nothing?

I miss the CH-47 chinook, MI-24 Hind, AH-64 Apache, SA 365 Dauphin, Bell OH-58, Sikorsky S-61, and many more i have seen in VBS2. We had more choppers in Operation Flashpoint allready.

Befor i forget it, how would u think about an implemented ability to hook up vehicles on an chinook and blackhawk that will be implemented by an addon from BIs? Thats what i missed on my first day playin arma on europe release.

What is with that Amphibious battle tank used by the USMC and USNavy that i have seen? Also there is a other Armored 6 Wheeled Vehicle almost looks like an stryker. There are so many mission ideas but no Objects and Vehicles for it.

- Can we expect also an UAV Vehicle and its control unit for

bigger Missions that the community wants to create. VBS2 has it. I dont want everything from VBS2 but at least the improvement for stable playing and more vehicles.

- How is it with the improved vehicle positioning feature.

"Interact with Vehicle Interface"

Also there is no Object interaction that i miss the most of the time, just like the Animated vehicle doors etc.

So i want to know what we ( the community ) can expect from BIs soon.

Do all the other European miss the A10 Thunderbold that is included in the U.S. ArmA Combat Operations release?

Can we expect addon updates from Bohemia Interactive

like we had with Operation Flashpoints, every week some more units to add.

Sorry guys i am talking here about official addons, i dont want to download up to 1000 MB of community addons just to play my 3 or 4 multiplayer missions. i want some official, if u know what i mean.

This is a sensitive topic, all my friends are saying the same, that it starts boring a bit without all the addons we had like in OFP.

Also they say the "Interact with Vehicle Interface" Feature and the Live Editor are cool improvements we all can need.

We all are still waiting for the tools and nothing big happend.

And we know that BIs has the Tools, Improvements and Features because we have seen it, used on VBS2.

Thanks for the time.

I cant wait to see the responses smile_o.gif

EDIT: The VBS2 Tech Video (32 min.)

were you all can see almost everything we expected

on Armed Assault.

<span style='color:Black'>VBS2 Tech Video</span>

I'd prefer they just stuck to improving the game as it is now (which is needed), and releasing the tools asap (will provide plenty of new addons).

Sure, but i dont understand why they try to improve. because they have the improvements allready and they are used on vbs2.

Or do i need to think about it like, they just want to kidding the community?

VBS2 seems to be almost bug free and totaly no lags in gaming.

Also vbs2 has some improvements we all hoped to have this improvements sometime too.

So, you can tell VBS2 is completely bug free and runs smooter than ArmA having never used it yourself then?

Don't be daft! There weren't really any bugs visible in the promotional videos for ArmA either. They've only really become aparent when people have played the game for themselves. Also, a video produced by a single bloke's computer is by no means an indication of how smoothly the game runs on any computer other than that one. Dyslecxi's computer runs ArmA equally well as it does VBS2 from the looks of some of his ArmA vids. Doesn't mean VBS2'll run great for systems that 'struggle' with Armed Assault .

As for new addons from BIS, who says they'll release any? It'd be nice, but nobody should expect them to make any more stuff for it. They should only really endeavour to make what they released, of better quality.

Basically, this is because ArmA's a game, it only really needs to come with the maps, models etc it needs for gameplay. The vehicles in Armed Assault are there to serve their purpose in limited scope of the campaign produced for the game, any additional vehicles BIS have included additionally are merely that, additions that people may decide to use in their own missions. BIS don't have to release any more vehicles unless they want too because they're not a fundamental requirement for the purposes of their product.

The vehicles included in VBS2 on the other hand are there for the immersion of the soldiers and marines who will use it as a training tool. There's a greater selection of them because VBS2 isn't a game, therefore it doesn't only have the models that are required to tell a story, it needs plenty of them so it can be adapted for a wide array of virtual scenarios. It needs to be consistantly useful to those who use it.

While BIS included a mission editor to allow users to create an equally large array of scenarios, you still bought a product that's first and foremost a game, not a tool. Its purpose as a game is to entertain you.

geez dont these vbs2 discussions get boring?

BIS doesnt have anything to do with the development of VBS2

that is BIA´s field..

honestly

some folks seem like spoiled greedy kids who want this and that..

like OMG i want those damn cool tracers!!!..

get a live and get specially get the bigger picture...

vbs2 is a military application

it will always have fancy things in specially tailored

to suit customers..

and i dont think BIA will kinda hand out "military valuable good"

to a broad public THAT easy..

next thing upon a major "affordable" vbs2 release would be OMG that ak74 is too weak lets pimp it..

its just like with arma right now..

honestly... banghead.gif  band.gif  pistols.gif

and @ kev

if you want these features

get vbs2 and stop moaning.

if you cant afford it

get a job

in 2 -3 monts you can afford it..

its not like if you start bragging like hell bis is gonna please you with all you need...

cause honestly it gets ridiculous

Based on what people have been able to do without the tools, you can only imagine what will be produced once the tools are out and people are familiar to the new features.

I expect BI to suprize us along the way with something cool in some future patch..

Until then we can only choose to play the game or not to.

Game2 will eventually be here and Codemasters OFP2. And probally VBS3 if evolution is so kind to military simulation.

I think the greatest addon BI could release to us is a fully rigged player model in ARMA format which the MOD teams can accelerate their work output.

smile_o.gif

The vehicles included in VBS2 on the other hand are there for the immersion of the soldiers and marines who will use it as a training tool. There's a greater selection of them because VBS2 isn't a game, therefore it doesn't only have the models that are required to tell a story, it needs plenty of them so it can be adapted for a wide array of virtual scenarios. It needs to be consistantly useful to those who use it.

While BIS included a mission editor to allow users to create an equally large array of scenarios, you still bought a product that's first and foremost a game, not a tool. Its purpose as a game is to entertain you.

I know a bit more about VBS2 because my 2 uncles are in the army and had there hands on it.

the first time about VBS1 i heared from my uncles. after that we figured out that my Simulation i play the most time (operation flashpoint) was from the same makers.

They allready told me that VBS2 is great.

U sayed that "the vehicles in other hand are there for the immersion of the soldiers and marines who will use it as a training..." You right with that one but wrong on an other hand.

We also have a need of more USMC and OPFOR units to create more missions with more military deep detail.

Why do we have Artillery implemented thats not working correctly? And on Campaign i did not see it too, or did i miss a part?

Armed Assault is not called as an Action Shooter it is called

under the Genre Military Simulation the same Genre VBS2 is using.

So the first thing of all is, that Bohemia not only include vehicles into a game that they use just for there campaign, like they showed us on OFP. They include vehicles used on the date the simulation is playing at. on OFP we had 1985 and 3 times more vehicles then ArmA has. Thats what is disapointing me.

Also Bohemia Interactive sayed everytime that they want to make a game, were the community can work with. with multiple addons and tools. on operation flashpoint we had the first tools and unit/object addons in the first 2 month. but this time nobody knows what is happening. all i have read in the last news on a fansite was, that ArmA Combat Operations has more units like the A10 Thunderbold and the European ArmA user will not see it.

i understand that there is lots of work behind creating and adding more units into that game, but please tell me, what is a military Simulation like ArmA with only 5% of USMC and 4% of OPFOR units?

nephilim wrote:

geez dont these vbs2 discussions get boring?

BIS doesnt have anything to do with the development of VBS2

that is BIA´s field..

honestly

some folks seem like spoiled greedy kids who want this and that..

like OMG i want those damn cool tracers!!!..

get a live and get specially get the bigger picture...

vbs2 is a military application

it will always have fancy things in specially tailored

to suit customers..

and i dont think BIA will kinda hand out "military valuable good"

to a broad public THAT easy..

The point is, BIS and BIA is both BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE.

Bohemia allready gave out "military valuable good", because

every broad public user can get THAT easy VBS2 for a bunch of 2000$.

ArmA is not on first spot an Game, it is a Simulation, reality like Simulation, Missing some features. Thats why it has breath, pulse, one shot kills, long range, reallike tank physics etc.

but it misses to many details and features. VBS2 is the Hardcore Simulation of the ArmA game, VBS2 is not based on any othere game out there is is based on ArmA, and has more added features, codes and units. thats all. we allready have one VBS1 unit, the Harrier. nicely, but also this plane is not working correctly.

I allready have found some people that is working on compatibility with VBS2 units to create an ArmA addon out of it.

I'll cant wait until the german BW-Mod team finishing there Bundeswehr mod with the Leo2a6 tank and other units, with details that everybody stops breathing. hope out there are some more good modders. greetings.

i repeat myself

ARMA = GAME!

VBS2 = SIMULATOR!

games aim for eycandy and gameplay/fun.

simulators aim for realism..

ive talked to people that already complained about ofp being TOO real and frustrating.

bis needs to find a balance and they did...

i mean y just ripping apart arma then?

MoHAA sucks ass in terms of reality but its still fun.

try playing the game with the arma conditions

youd dumb the game after half an hour cause youd die over and over again in the same stupid spot..

Oh eyecandy? LoL!

i dont know what u ever have played befor, but if u want to play a GAME go on and play Battlefield 2.

31 shots in the body and eyecandy were you look at.

ArmA is everything else, but nothing that u call a Game.

In my eyes it is a Simulation, and thats good.

I love it to hear people cry in Teamspeak when they die in a range of 1500 clicks by one shot ^^

geez...

ofp and arma are games

just by definition.

they sure have very real values

but still these dont mimic reality..

and ive been speakin about eyecandy in general..

vbs2 doesnt use any normal maps like arma does

as they arent necessary..

and the average gamer also wants something for his eyes..

cause the game mightbe innovative as hell if it looks shit

there wont be many people playing it...

of course there will be hardcore fans just like in ofp.

but i dont think bis is just gonna make games just for the hardcore community

they also wanna reach new people...

you dont need to argue with me about that cause i professionally work in that field and know how the stuff goes thanks

VBS and arma are games

The VBS series do not simulate anything accuratly enough to warrant being called simulations .

True sims have real world representations of the equipment being simulated ....working AFV interiors , cockpits etc .

Quote[/b] ]I know a bit more about VBS2 because my 2 uncles are in the army and had there hands on it.

the first time about VBS1 i heared from my uncles. after that we figured out that my Simulation i play the most time (operation flashpoint) was from the same makers.

They allready told me that VBS2 is great.

Really?

Quote[/b] ]You right with that one but wrong on an other hand.

ok then... so how is he wrong?

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault is not called as an Action Shooter it is called

under the Genre Military Simulation the same Genre VBS2 is using.

COTS would be more appropriate.

Quote[/b] ]on OFP we had 1985 and 3 times more vehicles then ArmA has

Patched ArmA has 79 vehicles. I don't recall there being 240 odd vehicles in Patched OFP?

Quote[/b] ]n operation flashpoint we had the first tools and unit/object addons in the first 2 month

Breathe was official released to everyone on the 12th of September 2002 - I make that over a year after OFP was released... not two months.

Quote[/b] ]I allready have found some people that is working on compatibility with VBS2 units to create an ArmA addon out of it.

I'll enjoy how quickly they'll be ripped apart by BIA/BIS for breaking numerous laws and EULA's

At the end of the day Kev, you can't expect BIS to put everything into ArmA that you want. First and foremost by putting in the entire features and units of VBS2, they then remove all chance of anyone buying a $2000 suite when they can get it for $40.

Go out there and learn how to put stuff into the game yourself. I've spent 15 years playing games, constantly playing an American, either on his own or as a giant hero force of some sort. Thats why I started making British addons, because I was fed up with the same old story. I know there's not a cat in hells chance that BIS will add british units to the ArmA line up, so instead of moaning about it, I did something about it.

i think vbs1/2 are mainly infantry simulators.

there are far more advanced simulators for vehicles and aircraft.

(and they look just half as good as vbs1/2 ofp/arma :P)

looking at some of the other simulators out there, its obvious that the clients really don't care how pretty it is tounge2.gif

the British tank simulator looks quite nifty though - would love a go with that

btw orson

i suggest You check what simulation compliances VBS meets but i'm tired of repeating myself on this subject

and that's just begining of differences between game and simulator ...

MODedit: closing this thread as it turned into another VBS2 vs ArmA war ...