May 2 2007, 09:24
We're finalizing patch 1.07 that will unify all versions of ArmA available, including the US release in all areas necessary to online multiplayer compatibility. Note that some of the features will remain exclusive to the US version ArmA: Combat Operations (most notable is probably A10 single player scenario and new cutscenes in the campaign made specifically for the US release) that was released by Atari yesterday.
We intend to release this patch as a public release candidate first before we move on full official release.
All fixes made for US version 1.06, see version 1.06 change log, will be also included.
Version 1.07 highlights:
* The Armory (already available in the US version)
* A10 addon
* Mission Blood, Sweat and Tears (already available in European version by 505 Games and the US version by Atari)
* Various other fixes and improvements across the game including:
Originally Posted by [b
Jun 1 2007, 15:38
Just a quick update on the patch status:
we decided to release the patch as version 1.08 and it's getting to last round of testing. We thank all who helped us to beta test the public beta versions. It helped us a lot.
We also managed to get few nice new improvements to version 1.08:
* voice over net is improved significantly
* Increased contrast of light for all weather conditions
* Bullet impact is now drawn also on objects and vehicles
* 2D optics now support wide screen and triple monitor aspect ratio correctly
* New texture detail "Default" that auto-detects the amount of VRAM (Recommended Texture Detail setting for users of cards with more than 512 VRAM)
* Reworked logic of teamswitch to make it more suitable for detailed manual squad command control
* Full support for multiple airports by AI pilots
* A bit faster and more fluent radio protocol
In total, since version 1.05 we made around 500 different bugfixes, improvements and tweaks made in the game.
We will update you on the patch release with specific date of availability as soon as the patch testing is finished.