Sign in to follow this  
Deimus

Retail Store Availability?

Well, if we are seeing a shipping date of May 1st...does anyone have an idea of which retailers will be carrying it on the rack?

I've searched on the major retailers, and they have nothing at all shown for ArmA.

Thanks in advance.

best way to get it it probably online IMO, but if u cant u might have to look a little more, after tomorrow you should hear some people saying where they got it from and stuff and maybe u'll find some stores which sell it. smile_o.gif

I was talking to the folks at EB in Vancouver (Canada) and they said that they will hopefully have it in on the 2nd of May.

I called one of my local Gamestops...they said that it will be instock on May 9th, though, he mentioned something about reserving to guarantee a purchase for fear of a chance that they might not get it; reason being that it is not a "popular game".

I did see it on the walmart website for release may 1st. Im sure walmart will have it in shelfs on may 1st as well..

It looks like BestBuy won't even carry them... I guess I'll get my copy off online.

It looks like BestBuy won't even carry them... I guess I'll get my copy off online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=cat02104&type=category

Best buy still has nothing posted on their website? banghead.gif

What's wrong with these guys ?!

I already have my french version, but i wanted to buy the latest one too...

They did kinda the same with Test drive unlimited for PC... No news then they got it like 2 weeks after the release date...When I asked an employee why -> "Atari probably did not let use know they had a new game out... Console games are probably their priority now..." crazy_o.gif

Gamestop and EB (same company actually) mall type stores will ship copies to fill reservations.  The May 1st date is either wrong or only is for a DL version.  Retail release date is the 8th, so it will arrive that day or the following I guess.  

If you ask about a release date, make sure you say Armed Assault: Combat Operations.  Otherwise the console geek employee typing with two fingers will have a hard time doing the search and won't find it.

Also, if you REALLY want it ASAP.  Go ahead and reserve several copies and just buy one when it arrives.  By reserving more, it increase the chances of getting it sooner. Meaning

they will do a separate shipment of just that game if there are enough orders, rather then putting it in with normal mixed inventory shipments.

As far as Bestbuy, thats typical for them.  They rarely get even big titles on release day, and they don't do reservations.  If you plan on ordering from someplace like Amazon, plan on getting it maybe several days after release.  It has to get to them before they can mail it to you.

I got my copy on Atari.com/us as a Digital Download. They have the retail version there as well. The download works great! No issues and I also read on their official forums that anyone in US, Mexico, Canada, or Puerto Rico can buy the download from Atari.com/us so good news for all you Canada peeps.

Thought I should share...

Why dont they allow a download for everywhere like the german publisher did, id be happy to buy a 3rd copy 1 of which i gave to a friend. Its more money for them rite.

How does the Atari digital download work?  Am I limited to a number of downloads?  What the heck is this "extended download service" it's trying to sell me?  Is this any beter than that Sprocket bullcrap?

Avoid EB Games and GameStop, we don't want the VG industry to turn in to the movie industry.

Edit:

OK, I've figured this out. The "extended downloader service" is paying $4 to be able to download the game more than once, and the service only lasts 2 years. I don't know how their "backup CD" service works, because the website is ABISMAL. I'm not jumping through these hoops for this game. You should have used a REAL distribution platform like STEAM.

You don't need to buy the extended download service. It just means you can download the game for up to 2 years otherwise you only have 30 days.

Otherwise it works like a normal download and downloads the game to your computer.

You get 2 activations per game.

I did it myself and it works fine. It is not Sprocket it is Atari's own service and it works fantastically.

Hmm. Can I backup the downloaded game to a disk? The FAQ mentioned ordering a "backup CD," but made no insights to how you do can do that.

How does the Atari digital download work?  Am I limited to a number of downloads?  What the heck is this "extended download service" it's trying to sell me?  Is this any beter than that Sprocket bullcrap?

Avoid EB Games and GameStop, we don't want the VG industry to turn in to the movie industry.

Edit:

OK, I've figured this out.  The "extended downloader service" is paying $4 to be able to download the game more than once, and the service only lasts 2 years.  I don't know how their "backup CD" service works, because the website is ABISMAL.  I'm not jumping through these hoops for this game.  You should have used a REAL distribution platform like STEAM.

I hear you about Gamestop/EB, I worked for the console loving a-holes. That's why I know about their distribution.

I also used the Sprocket service and took it like a sheep for 4 months until I became enough of a pain to get a refund.

So there is no way I'm using a DL service, especially with this 2 activations BS!

As much as it pains me I reserved my copy at one of the evil stores listed above because they are most likely to have it first, and because I'm going with the DVD that I can install whenever, and where ever the $#% I feel like it!

Paying $40 for a 30 day rental of a game? Screw that! I'm baffled how half the forum got all chaffed when Steam was brought up. I haven't bought from anything but Steam in half a year. It's great! The prices are good, all the money minus 10% goes straight to the developers. I can download it as many times as I want, fast, at any time, for all time. It isn't riddled with crappy copy protection. I can back up the game to a disk.

-and they did this so friggen backwards! Scrounging for a publisher and settling for Atari? Have they watched any other small developer games released lately? They've released online, then after proving they get the sales, they get a retail publisher. The Ship, DEFCON, Mr. Robot, Red Orchestra are some great examples.

Vent over. I have another week to wait since Atari sucks, great. -Unless someone can confirm that Atari will send a backup CD. That'd be good enough for me.

The game is not a 30 day rental from Atari. You pay the regular price and you get to play it forever. The 30 day timeperiod is just how long have to download it to your computer unless you get eds which extends it to 2 years.

You can of course save the downloaded files to a cd and that would then essentially be a backup.

Can you guys (US) please help me out some?

I want to buy the North American DVD-version of

Armed Assault: Combat operations (v1.06 from Atari)

I do *not* wish to purchase any download version.

What I need is an shop, which accepts online order,

Mastercard, and ships to germany; with no further hassle,

see below.

To compare, I bought german 1.00 (Morphicon)

1.04 UK (505 games) via play.com/UK

with Mastercard and just ordering online; sent once avaiable,

and now wish to buy latest 1.06 US (Atari) DVD-version.

Gamestop would require me to provide them information/verification

from my bank /account, before I can even order...and I am just asking you,

if there is an shop which can do without that.

Thank you in advance! smile_o.gif

-

2nd option: If you absolutely do not like your copy of said version; come back to me via PM (and we'll work something out)

Can you guys (US) please help me out some?

I want to buy the North American DVD-version of

Armed Assault: Combat operations (v1.06 from Atari)

I do *not* wish to purchase any download version.

What I need is an shop, which accepts online order,

Mastercard, and ships to germany; with no further hassle,

see below.

To compare, I bought german 1.00 (Morphicon)

1.04 UK (505 games) via play.com/UK

with Mastercard and just ordering online; sent once avaiable,

and now wish to buy latest 1.06 US (Atari) DVD-version.

Gamestop would require me to provide them information/verification

from my bank /account, before I can even order...and I am just asking you,

if there is an shop which can do without that.

Thank you in advance! smile_o.gif

-

2nd option: If you absolutely do not like your copy of said version; come back to me via PM (and we'll work something out)

Can i ask why, cant you wait for the patch which is free indtead of wasting $40 lol when you can have the patch for $0 when its released.

Of course;..I will also download the patch (1.07 then) until the time the US version is shipping to me.. wink_o.gif

-

But I need 3 copies;..2 for my PCs, one for my brothers.

He'll keep the german version.

Paying $40 for a 30 day rental of a game?  Screw that!  I'm baffled how half the forum got all chaffed when Steam was brought up.  I haven't bought from anything but Steam in half a year.  It's great!  The prices are good, all the money minus 10% goes straight to the developers.  I can download it as many times as I want, fast, at any time, for all time.  It isn't riddled with crappy copy protection.  I can back up the game to a disk.

-and they did this so friggen backwards!  Scrounging for a publisher and settling for Atari?  Have they watched any other small developer games released lately?  They've released online, then after proving they get the sales, they get a retail publisher.  The Ship, DEFCON, Mr. Robot, Red Orchestra are some great examples.

Vent over.  I have another week to wait since Atari sucks, great.  -Unless someone can confirm that Atari will send a backup CD.  That'd be good enough for me.

i agree steam is very good.

I don't see why Steam is such a bad word.  Sure, I hated at first that you had to have it running.  But after 4 games and NO hassles I think BIS should hve considered it for distribution.

Using Steam: ..hmm a new update...bingo!...everyone has it.  I think I'll buy 3 more games through this service.

Using Sprocket:  Hmm there is a Sprocket "fix" patch I had to search for ont he forums...hmm when I suggested there was a problem with sprocket everyone bit my head off...oh well.  Hmm, now my f ' ing game is broken.  I think I'll bitch for the next 4 months until i finally get my refund. nener.gif

Have not seen them at stores yet, but amazon USA now has them in stock and the game is available to overnight delivery. Just ordered two copies and should have it tomorrow. Will be sending one copy to a buddy who is stationed in Afghanistan.