Sign in to follow this  
beacon

Explosions/Smoke + Fire effects

Hey all, I'm looking for mods or scripts that improve ArmA's explosion + smoke and fire effects.

I downloaded the script for helicopters, and it's awesome, but I want that same thing for other things, as well as general improvements to smoke + fire.

This existed for OFP, does it for ArmA?

so what effects are you thinking of adding, i personally think that Sparks and mroe debris from Vehicles would be a good idea, i mean i hate seeing a tank tke a hit and it looking as though its made of Compost. These are 60 ton Metalic items, i think sparks would make sense, also burning ember effects (similar to those een in the ECP mod) would be a wecome break.

I generally want better fire and smoke smile_o.gif

3 words tounge2.gif

MAKE IT YOURSELF

3 words tounge2.gif

MAKE IT YOURSELF

Alright, I took your advice [ nevermind that it was directed at someone else wink_o.gif ] and I'm mucking around with the file I believe is the one for explosions, smoke and fire. ie firesmoke_ca.paa which is located in ca.pbo in the addons folder.

The folder structure is:

AddOns\ca\data\ParticleEffects\FireAndSmokeAnim\Data

So I messed around with the texture in PhotoShop, but now I'm sort of stuck. All I want modified is this single file. Do I repack the ca.pbo with this file [i think I might have tried this and all my explosions disappeared], or, more likely, do I make it a mod of some sort?

If I make it a mod, I make a folder in the ArmA folder called, say @EXP_MOD and then do I just pack the single file into a pbo with the folder structure intact?

I'm sure this sounds pretty incoherent, so basically, what I'm trying to do is replace firesmoke_ca.paa. Help? smile_o.gif

If there is a way to be able to speed up the dispersion of smoke, then that's going to be my next project after i finish my sound mod.

I know exactly what I want and what needs to be done.....i think

Here's a good example:

Impact example of smoke dispersion

Quote[/b] ]If there is a way to be able to speed up the dispersion of smoke

Arma is great, but has alot of errors, an lazy coding, look at vbs2 thats what the game should be, its money that stops it, the smoke in vbs2 lasts a alot longer an is more intense, make Arma like that or better. at the moment when a building takes an rpg shot theres no smoke or effect its like it was deleted whistle.gif , the one thing that can make the game more real is the same thing the game does not have banghead.gif

Its a poor show if the best sim ever was cheapened by the creators of it, an worse if its cheapened by the mods that were released to improve it, make the game better an more realistic not less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote[/b] ] MAKE IT YOURSELF

Oh, I Am! yay.gif!! but Not every one can code! so ''do it yourself'' is a harsh comment, if you've done it, have the decency to release it wink_o.gif

Oh, I Am! yay.gif!!  but Not every one can code! so ''do it yourself'' is a harsh comment,

Alot of people couldnt when they first came here, now they can.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone care to throw together a step-by-step idiots guide to altering a smoke effects and getting it into a game? Including what files to edit, what to dePBO, what to rePBO with, stuff like that?

I'm interested in altering the default smoke effects, particularly the length of time of the effect.

Quote[/b] ]Anyone care to throw together a step-by-step idiots guide to altering a smoke effects and getting it into a game

Yep , I will second that.

I edit the effects engine manually, same as i used to do in bf2

, is it better to use the particle editer? if so how do i import an effect, the preloaded stuff is not releated to the game, so i take it you have to import, eg: the grenade smoke effect how would i import it?

Here's another good example of what ArmA should have as far as explosions is concerned.

missle explsoion

Please correct me if Im wrong but isnt Lockon an old game?

Looks amazing though inlove.gif .

I've resurected this thread ooops,

LockOn is a 2004 game I believe, I have it. And I hear there are expansions for it too, its an awesome combat flight sim but it has a very steep learning curve.

I'd rather have sister as a whore than brother who flys LOMAC...

I'd rather have sister as a whore than brother who flys LOMAC...

Someone give his brother LOMAC!!!

She is 18+ right, and 45-?