Sign in to follow this  
awa202

Blue Screen/Green Screen Island

gday guys does anyone know if there is or can anyone make a plain blue screen island so that you can insert soldiers n vehicles n wateva in the editor and then preview it on blue then u could record it using fraps or sometihng and key out the blue and put the soldiers etc into video. i did this before with a huey chopper for a short vietnam war movie i did for a film comp at skool and it looked awesome. anyway anyone know how to make one or can make one?

cheers

Once the tools are released, or if you wanna try your luck before that, go ahead, just simply make an island that either has no textures (white?) or just uses totally blue textures. tounge2.gif

It shouldn't be a prob to make all texture squares blue but it would be a huge bunch of work to "blue" all houses, streets and so on...

xmas_o.gif

What color? This blue? 0/0/255

I got it! biggrin_o.gif I made more than a half blue wink_o.gif

maybe you can disable alle the trees with the Config... And tweak the light, water and sky^^

blueisland.jpg

oh yes! please, someone do this please!

I'm also planning to use Arma planes as CGI in an upcoming short film.

awesome yeah thats the blue, it just has to be consistent blue without any fading etc, but shadows of the objects are obviously fine because that could effectively enable you to use that shadow when you insert it into a video scene although you might not be able to neway. and the island has to be flat without any objects. i did it on ofp with a jeep and a huey chopper ill get a still from the vid later and post it on here. smile_o.gif

Or you could make it yourself in 60 seconds...

open o2

make box, and make it really big

apply 2pixel x 2pixel green texture to box

in properties make it so it is fully illuminated/no shadows

invert the normals and your done

There are a few things to consider when using GREEN SCREEN...

You must caputure your footage uncompressed, you must also turn of AA ... Then and only then will you be able to have a correct color to key from without having to force it to work.

Every other method is a workaround to getting it to work as it should.

Ive never used 02 b4 but im tryin now how the hell do i apply a texture to the box nothin seems 2 happen wen i try, do i need that oxygen viewer aswell?

does anyone know where a working link for spec ops blue box is? or how do i make a blue cube

does anyone know where a working link for spec ops blue box is?

yep, HERE (sorry about the crapid share link but it's only 6kb)

It contains both blue and green chroma keying boxes aswell as SpecOp 9's completely flat desert island. All of which are untested in ArmA (by me anyway) but Mr Burns seems to have it working.

i can't seem to get them to work. And if they are i can't find them :S

They are listed under Empty>Objects>Green box w/floor and Empty>Objects>Blue box w/floor. however don't bother, the colors of both seem screwed and SpecOp9's Flat island CTDs. I'm not sure why they worked for mr burns and not for me though.