Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Average age of the "Flashpointer"

Hmm I started playing OFP when I was 11 years old, now I'm 16.

Damn I was young, but hey I least I didn't get hooked on CS like most other kids my age when OFP came out.

Sine 17 or 16, I don't remember, But its was in 2003.

Well I guess I'm the senior spokesman, am 50 now. I started back in 2001-ish with the demo and was very impressed so I bought CWC. As addons evolved I wanted to keep up so I HAD to get Resistance. Still playing today and with all the missions I've d/l'd I should have endless hours of playing left to do. biggrin_o.gif

I'm 23 right now. Playing since 2003. Was in and out of IDF during that time. I was impressed by how similar the "prone" action was to what I learned in the Army. Been hooked ever since. Can't run Arma so OFP is still my favorite.

31 now my god have i really been playing video games for twenty four years , nerd years as my partner would say lol but seriously ofp demo back in 2001 got me hooked , i remember that first mission "ambush" and seeing the black hawk flying over head and thinking wouldnt it be cool if you could fly that ! although i took a break for a couple of years but ffur dragged me back last year. thankfully

39, 40 in August. Been into Flashpoint off and on for 3 years. I always come back to it. It offers so much, that other games can't.

Once i am done building my PC, I will be getting ArmA, but I feel OFP will always be worth a visit.

If I have been playing OFP for 6ish years, how exactly do I answer this question? Now or when I first started?

20 now, started playing OFP when my friend game me his OFP disk, was when i was still at school so i'd say at least somethin like 4,5 maybe 6 years ago

28 here. I have played OFP since spring 2006. Playing OFP CWR & Res demo then was an amazing exprerience so I wanted to buy OFP GOTY -edition for myself as a birthday present smile_o.gif And it is very nice present indeed.

17 now, played since 2003 (bought during midsummer - got a new PC to run it around November). Still playing, especially MP. About 15 gigs or more of addons.

Never played CS. biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

19 now. Got the game the day it was released back in June 2001. I don't regret it wink_o.gif

JAY send me that damn music!

biggrin_o.gif

And I have my thanks to Rainbow 6: Lockdown for being sutch a shitty game. If that game wasn't so crap I wouldn't have traded it in for the Xbox OFP:E and then if I hadn't have got the Xbox OFP:E I wouldn't Have got OFP:GOTY on PC.

36... got interested in operation flashpoint cwc a couple of years ago... got hooked on tactical shooters thru rogue spear and its expansions...

so... flashpoint offered everything i wanted in a game... land combat, vehicles.. big maps smile_o.gif

still my favorite game today. play it a lot more than armed assault...

btw... i read about having to have resistance to use addons... actually it is quite easy to "convert" quite a lot of opf 1.96 addons for opf cwc (1.46)...

some advanced functionality might not work (e.g. event handlers) but quite alot works like a charm... e.g. replacing bis standard units with modern hyk us soldiers, same with russian units. or gettin an armed brdm into opf cwc wink_o.gif

anyway... great game... smile_o.gif

17 years old right now.

First got the Game of the Year edition of Flashpoint in the spring 2004, which would mean I was 13-14 years old.

Didn't get seriously into the game until I incidentally met Mad Max from the Tales of War mod team on a Rise of Nations community website. Sent him a PM asking if the British troops in his signature image were from Flashpoint considering the quite resembling graphics. Later became my reference and mentor for all aspects of Flashpoint. Unfortunately we lost contact a while ago.

I can't believe so much things have been released since I got Flashpoint. It seems that the preview pictures of the first version of the Lost Brothers addon pack was on OFP.info's news page just a few days ago. crazy_o.gif

Being playing ofp since it was released. I was 12 then, I'm 18 now... how time flies!  crazy_o.gif

Since June 2001. Few days after OFP was released.

Im 15.

CS 1.6 i dont see how many got addicted to play it. It was nothing compared to OFP.

One thing thats bugged me is that alot of the new ArmA Clans Require 18. Even though alot of players ive met around 15, are equally or greater skilled that some of the new 18Y players.

-{GOL}-

VoD

ATEF

OFPEC Beta Test Team

Great Clans, Great People. wink_o.gif

Sorry for going off-topic, just thought id mention that thumbs-up.gif

So yeah im in the 15 Range wink_o.gif

Started when I was about 11 or 12, just turned 18. Ive been playing ArmA more than OFP recently though.

36, I switched from halflife to Ofp in 2001 crazy_o.gif

27. Played it from bout '02 and still think it great. But play it mostly when I get sad bout the lack of addons for ArmA. I want CoC arty! And all the other cool stuff! Which are too many to name tounge2.gif

Just turned 28 - been playing OFP since it came out in 2001 - gone through 2 copies of it so far - destroyed the CD's. Best thing out there !