Sign in to follow this  
NinjaZombie

Game crashes immediately when joining MP game :(

Hey guys, having a major problem here. I downloaded the sprocket version of Arma yesterday, got my key, installed no problem. I look and see it's already version 1.05, so I don't have to patch, yay. I boot up the game, play some single player no problem. I then decide to try to join a MP game. Immediately after clicking join my game crashes to desktop. Thought this was a fluke but it's happened every time now. I've reinstalled twice and no joy. Anyone know what might be the problem?

firewall, router or possibly even virus proggy could be stopping you

I've got no firewall or anti-virus up, and I'm not connected to a router. Still no dice. Grr, this is very frustrating.

i suggest try clean MPmission cache directory

(do backup to avoid need of redownload all)

C:\Documents and Settings\<<YourAccountName>>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache\*.pbo

sometimes way too long mission name or special chars lead to crash

Hrmm, odd. I go to C:\Documents and Settings\<<YourAccountName>> and there is no local settings folder. Any ideas? Sorry, I'm not very computer literate :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't literally type in "YourAccountName", just want to make that clear :P

Ignore that, I just ended up typing it into internet explorer and found it. Gonna give it a shot.

No mate your name you have in there! smile_o.gif

eg:- C:\Documents and Settings\ninjazombie\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

edit:- lol sorry i was too late! smile_o.gif

im also recieving the same problem. At first i thought it was due to the server being the beta patch but have tried normal version 1.05 and beta with the same result. Any ideas chaps or is it gamespy messing around again?

ATI videocards ?

Nope, Nvidia 6600GT. Drivers updated and such. Single player works without a hitch, so I don't see it being a video problem.

Gamespy was messing around earlier! everything soo slow and no servers showing up!!

But seems ok now though!

Yes, I do! I had this exact same problem and couldnt solve it! Now ArmA runs smooth as hell and didnt crash ever since. At first I was anoyed, since every other game went fine. At that time I wanted to buy a second hard-disk anyway since I intended to have one clean windows for my main applications. So I reinstalled Windows on the second harddrive with all the necessary upgrades etc, I installed ArmA and suddenly it worked fine.

Dont ask me what the problem is, but I can assure you that it has nothing to do with the firewall or hardware, thats bullshit. The problem is probably Windows itself which has been changed somewhat by a software you installed in the past. And it cant be the standard software that is out there cause I have all that installed too and ArmA still works fine.

My advise, do a clean install of windows. Otherwise you wont be able to play ArmA. A second version of windows on your system is of great advantage anyway, it was the best thing I ever did on my PC! Now I can install and try out odd freeware on the old Windows and keep my new version clean of this registry trash! I checked all advises out there before and none of them worked. NONE! of course you are free to try all the things I tried before, but honestly, it wont change anything.

Im too using a Nvidia card, i cant honestly see problems with the game until i join a server. Single player missions are fine! So thats where i came to the conclusion that gamespy is playing up again as it has in the past.

Problem is i try joining a server (server screen showing several hosts) then i chrash to desktop with a error message

AppName: arma1.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.5136 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b

Im too using a Nvidia card,  i cant honestly see problems with the game until i join a server.  Single player missions are fine!  So thats where i came to the conclusion that gamespy is playing up again as it has in the past.

Problem is i try joining a server (server screen showing several hosts) then i chrash to desktop with a error message

AppName: arma1.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.5136 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b

as I said, I had exact the same problem. Singleplayer went fine and when I joined Multipayer I crashed with the same error message in Windows. BTW: for me at least every 100th server somehow worked!

Yeah having the exact problem. Only seemed to start today though (hence why i thought it was gayspy playing around) Dont really want to re install windows though as its quite a clean install from about 2 months back!

Only one hd. Spent enough cash on building a system in the first place to play this game. Will give it a few days to see if anything is resolved (could be gamespy playing around) if nothing happens next bet will be to contact BIS and if nothing is solved, i will have to look at reinstalling loads of stuff and saving loads of files onto disk.

Off topic but having problems with stalker too (bought at a few days back and the game doesnt work now, seems im not the only person again too)

Hey guys, just reformatted and re downloading Arma. I'll keep you guys updated if it works.

Only one hd.  Spent enough cash on building a system in the first place to play this game.  Will give it a few days to see if anything is resolved (could be gamespy playing around) if nothing happens next bet will be to contact BIS and if nothing is solved, i will have to look at reinstalling loads of stuff and saving loads of files onto disk.

Off topic but having problems with stalker too (bought at a few days back and the game doesnt work now, seems im not the only person again too)

I even tried going back to the oldest Windows Safepoint I found. Didnt change anything!

Ok, after a reformat and reinstallion, mutiplayer works perfectly. Unfortunate that's the way it has to work, but eh.