Sign in to follow this  
-Puma-

getting kicked

HI I get alot of u we're kicked messages, when trying to join a server(s), before wait for host, why is that??? It really bugs me because I would like to join SES server, but havent been able to in a long time...

Could be a number of things. Either your ping to the server was too high or perhaps desync. Perhaps you have modified files that the server doesn't like. Or it could just be that the admin wanted to make room for someone else.

It could be a number of reasons.

Try contacting the server Admins via their website?

Try contacting the server Admins via their website?

I could do that, but im getting the kicked message in other servers too and its really annoying. I only use FDF sound mod, and join servers, with ping under 100, wierd icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

try not using the FDF sound mod perhaps?

If a server has the equalmodRequired set, you'll get kicked for using the FDF sound mod. So indeed try connecting without it.

HI I get alot of u we're kicked messages, when trying to join a server(s), before wait for host, why is that??? It really bugs me because I would like to join SES server, but havent been able to in a long time...

More than likely you have a too large custom file, either sounds or face!

Try limiting your custom files to something lower than 20kb.

Quote[/b] ]Player PuMA kicked off - too big custom file 'face.jpg' (98107 B > 20000 B).

If a server is locked and you try to join it you will get a message saying you ahve been kicked off.

More than likely you have a too large custom file, either sounds or face!

Try limiting your custom files to something lower than 20kb.

Quote[/b] ]Player PuMA kicked off - too big custom file 'face.jpg' (98107 B > 20000 B).

oo that's it, but is there a way to get the facefile lower?? I can only get it to 40kb with photoshop ...

oo that's it, but is there a way to get the facefile lower?? I can only get it to 40kb with photoshop ...

If your face.jpg is 1024x1024 then resize it to 512x512.

Either that or use a genuine cd-key. wink_o.gif

Either that or use a genuine cd-key. wink_o.gif

UBERNOOB: thnx I do that

THE OTHER NOOB: I've paid my 38 euros lol xmas_o.gif

Somewhere in the addons section the swissmod team has done camo faces (.pbo file that you put into addons) that you can pick from face list (without putting jpeg into it) all are under 20kb and causes no issues.

ok thnx for info, but i've been spending a good amount of time making my face with photoshop....

maybe I will change it to .pbo and see if I can get it lower

No one will be able to see it unless they have the PBO then, I think.

Yeah, as mentioned before there's the 20kb limit on face paints. If you can't meet that target then just use a default one I guess.

Additionally, FYI, the (SES) server has been locked down occasionally over the past few days as to prevent the server from getting overpopulated / laggy / having all the choppers crashed / blown up whilst on the evolution map. If, when you do fix your custom face, you still get a message saying kicked from server, it will be because the server is locked. Just had to tell you that smile_o.gif

Yeah, as mentioned before there's the 20kb limit on face paints. If you can't meet that target then just use a default one I guess.

Additionally, FYI, the (SES) server has been locked down occasionally over the past few days as to prevent the server from getting overpopulated / laggy / having all the choppers crashed / blown up whilst on the evolution map. If, when you do fix your custom face, you still get a message saying kicked from server, it will be because the server is locked. Just had to tell you that smile_o.gif

ok thanx for info smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I'll think I stick to my 40kb facefile, since I can join majority of servers, but thnx for help all..

hello all,

I to get this error, especially with the SAS, and Suicide squad server. (Although i used too be able to get in em. And i'm damn sure I'm not banned fer tking smile_o.gif )

Looks like my custom face is the prob.

Now what is the recognised "average" in file size?

I was under the impression tht anything under 90kb was groovy.

any clues?

Rgds

LoK

But you chaps seem to have it under 20kb.

I believe that if the server has the setting...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MaxCustomFileSize=100000;

Which is 100000 bytes or 100 Kbytes.

Then the server calculates the MaxCustomFileSize as being the sum of a custom face + any CfgSounds that you may have defined.

So, if you're custom face was say 90,000 bytes and you had a sound mod installed also with a size of 600,000 bytes then the total would be 690,000 bytes and you would get kicked.

I personally have a 'face.jpg' custom face size of 76,564 bytes.

And, I never have any sound mods launched when joining other servers unless those servers have a specific mod(s)specified.

It would be nice if the details section of the MP Server Listing screen showed the Mod(s) (if any) that the server was running and the MaxCustomFileSize.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MaxCustomFileSize=100000;

Then the server calculates the MaxCustomFileSize as being the sum of a custom face + any CfgSounds that you may have defined.

So, if you're custom face was say 90,000 bytes and you had a sound mod installed also with a size of 600,000 bytes then the total would be 690,000 bytes and you would get kicked.

And, I never have any sound mods launched when joining other servers unless those servers have a specific mod(s)specified.

It would be nice if the details section of the MP Server Listing screen showed the Mod(s) (if any) that the server was running and the MaxCustomFileSize.

It is server defined, but it is not a total. If all files are 99kb then it's fine.

I know SAS has a custom limit of 20kb. And it would be nice to either display this somewhere or at least let you see it as the reason you were kicked - the other day I had to join a server and read someone's kick message [they couldn't see it] to tell them why they were getting kicked.

Hello

Yes it is a bit disconcerting when one gets kicked, and I agree there game should show reason (even if in a local logfile) so one can see later.

Also, I now you can put details in server name but think to be able to see certain settings would be great.

ie No Grass/Custom Face Limit 200kb etc etc

rgds

LoK

It is server defined, but it is not a total. If all files are 99kb then it's fine.

I know SAS has a custom limit of 20kb. And it would be nice to either display this somewhere or at least let you see it as the reason you were kicked - the other day I had to join a server and read someone's kick message [they couldn't see it] to tell them why they were getting kicked.

Hi i will check the file size on our server(22SAS)?

Cause i use custom sounds and other day was getting kicked?

And couldnt work out why(till someone else on the said why)

It's strange - it was like suddenly something changed cause i never had the problem before? crazy_o.gif