Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

Here it is, the thing most of you were waiting for... the Hind pack for ArmA!

Its still kinda beta but should work pretty good already and we done what we could without the tools.

Those who already know the OFP one will notice that nearly all textures were edited or redone, i think i finally found the right colours that i already wanted to have in the OFP version.

As usual post comments, suggestions and bugs in here.

Some known things:

- Rotors dont cast Shadows on the model in Shadow settings below high

- The material effects add some weird effects on some part of the textures but at least it looks a lil ArmA like with what we have atm.

For the rest check the readme.

---

Big thanks go to Scars for letting us use his Models and textures.

Also to GranQ and MechaStalin who helped a lot in bringing the Hinds to ArmA.

For the hosting and the first 2 screens i have to thank Mr.Burns and armed-assault.de / armed-assault.net

---

Download with demo mission

Download RHS Hind Pack v.1.0 @ armed-assault.de

Download RHS Hind Pack v.1.0 @ armed-assault.net

Download RHS Hind Pack v.1.0 @ Armaholic.com

Download RHS Hind Pack v1.0 [28 MB] @ ArmedAssault.info FTP#1

Download RHS Hind Pack v1.0 @ armed-assault-zone.com

Download RHS Hind Pack v1.0 @ nextgenerationgames.de

---

Screens ( Click on them to enlarge to 1280x1024 ):

arma_rhs-hind1th.jpg

arma_rhs-hind2th.jpg

rhshind4th.jpg

rhshind5th.jpg

---

OK have fun everyone... i for myself now finally try to enjoy the tiny remains of this weekend smile_o.gif

Very Nice Indeed. I cant wait for the tools to be released so we can bathe in all there glory. notworthy.gif

Woah! finally! this is excellent!

bloody good job!

YAY at last, great job guys! Just downloading to give it a spin!

No way...! wow_o.gif

Awesome! At last we got the Hind. And even better, the RHS Hind. yay.gifnotworthy.gif

Lot of sexual energy in here it seems, one already came and the other is short before it... i better stay away from here for a while tounge2.gif

Well, I love it!

But I already found one tiny thing: the nightvision requries Granq's BTR.

I love RHS job !!

In fact I will re-install ArmA only to test these sexy Hinds.

The pictures look beatiful and everyone that knows RHS knows that the real models will always outclass even the perfect screenshots.

God Bless RHS ! notworthy.gif

Well, I love it!

But I already found one tiny thing: the nightvision requries Granq's BTR.

Also, the night-vision wont turn off unless you get out of the chopper.

Overall it's very nice though. Having a Hind back for OPFOR is brilliant, as is the fact that its shadows effect other objects, and itself. Good stuff.

Just checked this out and was saddened to see that it still uses ~70 textures per chopper (I know a lot are shared, but thats beside the point)

Don't take this the wrong way, but this addon still needs a LOT of work before its up to the ArmA standards. For the most part its the textures, which need to be combined onto a couple of large tiles rather than dozens of small files. And if the shadow lod only works on high settings, then a lot of optimisation is needed there too.

I havent had chance to look through the models to check for lods and mapping (stuff we were all guilty of doing poorly back in the OFP days, but then we didnt know any better back then tounge2.gif )

Its got a lot of promise, and I look forward to using it ONCE the previous issues have been tidied up wink_o.gif

(As an aside, this is the very reason BAS isnt allowing ports of our stuff - it simply isnt up to code for the ArmA engine)

*masturbates furiously*

rofl.gif

That's just awesome, beautiful and outstanding work.

What about these cute russian units? Can we expect a release?

inlove.gif finally RHS

RHS to me is the best East addon creater ever!!!! I just remember RHS GRU inlove.gif and now this yay.gif

DAMN!!!! Awesome job fantastic textures greate features!!!! And everything without tools!?

KEEP IT UP GUY'S!!!!! thumbs-up.gif

Just checked this out and was saddened to see that it still uses ~70 textures per chopper (I know a lot are shared, but thats beside the point)

Don't take this the wrong way, but this addon still needs a LOT of work before its up to the ArmA standards. For the most part its the textures, which need to be combined onto a couple of large tiles rather than dozens of small files. And if the shadow lod only works on high settings, then a lot of optimisation is needed there too.

I havent had chance to look through the models to check for lods and mapping (stuff we were all guilty of doing poorly back in the OFP days, but then we didnt know any better back then tounge2.gif )

Its got a lot of promise, and I look forward to using it ONCE the previous issues have been tidied up wink_o.gif

(As an aside, this is the very reason BAS isnt allowing ports of our stuff - it simply isnt up to code for the ArmA engine)

Afterall its a difference to have a hand full of hinds in Arma with few more textures than having a few dozen soldiers with more than 1-2 main textures... doubt the performance loss with the hinds is noticeable.

BUT i agree that its a prob of having so many textures, not only because of ( possible ) performance losses but mainly cause htat way its damn hard to add effectmaps and such stuff.

HOWEVER noone was up to the task of remapping everything and im not going to waste such a good addon just because of the fact that some dont find it ArmA engine fitting... Arma has a lot of problems even after all the patches and i tell you what our lil addon and the performance loss with more than a handfull of textures is a flyshit compared to that.

Dont want to sound arrogant but i think it was the right answer.

---

So if anyone is intrested to help with all the remapping work he knows who to contact

@Yeb

Yeah hopefully they can be released soon, got them on my HD since a good while...

Guest Ti0n3r

Holy damn wow_o.gif

Thanks a lot for this addon! smile_o.gif

Im surprised, shocked and excited!

I never expected the result to turn out this damn good wow_o.gif .

Everything seems to be working very well, destruction model, tail rotor failure... the damage model and its textures could use a bit of work i guess... maybe in the future? I hope you guys will pick it again when the time is wright.

This is the first Arma addon i try and im amazed how you guys made all this without even having the Arma tools. It might not be made acording to Arma's requirements but it performs better than some default stuff. Thank you!!!

Consider teaching BIS how to make the rotors bend while in flight wink_o.gif .