Sign in to follow this  
savedbygrace

invisible units and objects in game

Has anyone ever encountered problems with BIS units and other objects not showing up in game? The unit is present, The shadow is visible, the gun fires, the sounds are present but the actual unit is not seen. It has happened with custom addon soldiers as well, except that their weapons are visible. Also when I load the BAS Island, some of the objects(structures) at the main airfield are not present.

Has anyone ever encountered problems with BIS units and other objects not showing up in game? The unit is present, The shadow is visible, the gun fires, the sounds are present but the actual unit is not seen. It has happened with custom addon soldiers as well, except that their weapons are visible. Also when I load the BAS Island, some of the objects(structures) at the main airfield are not present.

did your PC is powerful enough to run OPF ?

and if you reach all the game needs in performance, then maybe you got a corrupted file, or a modified one, in wich those models are not presents, but the script still have those units active. Do you get any error message ?

you might wanna run the ofp preferences and hit autodetect..

this usually happens with highpoly units and messing with the lod slider in the ofp prefs

Quote[/b] ]this usually happens with highpoly units

So this has happened with others? You mean I am not alone in this matter? I have unistalled OFP and cleared out all files affiliated with it, ran my ccleaner and then reinstalled the game. My PC has ran perfectly before with these addons so it is not a question of performance. I receive no error messages but I have noticed that when the game boots up and a white square appears in the top left corner briefly, then I know that I have some addons that are going to cause the invisibilty. I'm not sure though if that is relevant.(it seems like it) The addons also cause BIS objects to be invisible. I'll attempt the auto adjust theory when I get home. Thanks very much for your replies fellas, it's greatly appreciated. smile_o.gif

Thanks Nephilim, that's definitely a step in the right direction. Though it seems I have to adjust something in options everytime I load the game just to get the units to be seen. The settings stay the same but the units are invisible every load until I change something in the options menu. I tried autodetect but it doen't seem to help. Any other ideas?

Sorry to keep this boring topic alive folks, I have discovered that if I change the hertz in video options, the units appear. But I must do it every time I load the game. Does this sound as if it could be a hardware issue(video card) or OS missing files or something? Thanks for any input.

changing refresh rate would reset the graphics engine. maybe alt-tabbing has the same effect?

I remember having trouble with invisible units using a kyro video card when OFP came out. Try using/not using HWTL, it worked for that card. Chances are you have video card that runs OFP without any trouble so any drop in performance might not be noticable.

If you mean change the settings on the display device under prefferences.......I tried swapping it from HW & TL to 3d direct but it seemed to change it back upon game load. I am at the point of formatting my HD and reinstalling my OS to start from scratch. Does anyone think that this would solve the problem? Or would it be more likely to be my Video card? Thanks again for all your input fellas, I more than appreciate the advice and theories. welcome.gif

You can change the use of HWT&L with the flashpointPreferences.exe program. It's listed as display device.

I could only guess whether formating will help. I'd try re-installing OFP and see if I can get it running cleanly (no addons) before formating. Other factors are video drivers and direct-x.

I have unistalled OFP, ran my CCleaner, and reinstalled OFP several times. The actual game works fine with no bugs of any sort. It seems to only be a certain MOD folder that I downloaded from the LOL website for use on their COOP server. I have talked with one of their moderators about the pack, and he claims that no one else has experienced this problem to his knowledge. That is what makes me think that it is something on my end. NOTE: I added the codes -nomap and -nosplash at the front of the mod in the exec shortcut, and somehow (oddly), I am not experiencing the problem anymore. After a month of contending with this issue, I welcome the fix but am very suspicious as to how that could have fixed it. Thanks again Fasad, for the replies.