Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Modern Nogova Army by Plasman

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    As Victor Troska said: "What on Earth are you wearing!?"

Well, in the beginning I actually considered doing a Russian like cammo for Nogova's Army, but as Russian-Nogovan relationships are not supposed to be that good I figured the Nogovan Government and armed forces would be unwilling to adopt Russian cammo patterns (even if some of them are quite good). Not to mention digital/pixelized patterns are quite fashionable (and apparently efficient as well).

CLICK:HERE FOR PLASMAN'S RETEXES and SP Mission \"Typhoon over Rahmani\"

Chief Warrant Officer
    No offence but what's the use for Nogovan Army units when there isn't even a Nogova island ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by (Ironsight @ April 04 2007,17:21)
    No offence but what's the use for Nogovan Army units when there isn't even a Nogova island ingame?
    none taken

Well, you know, those Nogovan guys are not forced to stay in their island forever Especially if their governement follows the current trend among former Warsaw Pact / new NATO countries to send troops abroad to fight alonside their American allies. Nogovan infantrymen could be deployed as members of a NATO peace-keeping force sent to Sahrani. Btw if you take a close look you’ll notice a NATO patch on the right shoulder of the Nogovan soldiers.

Really great stuff!, id like 2 see some T-72 tanks aswell keep ya busy

Chief Warrant Officer CanadianTerror's Avatar
    The desert digi pattern reminds me of the res troops camo in vbs1.

Nice job on these.
    Look at me...I'm WL free

Thanks for your nice feedbacks

Here are additional screenshots of the Nogovan troops in the streets of Rahmadi.

screenshot No.1

screenshot No.2

screenshot No.3

screenshot No.4

screenshot No.5

Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by (plasman @ April 04 2007,11:28)
    Quote Originally Posted by (Jahve @ April 04 2007,10:49)
    PALS (MOLLE on vest) loops are one color only
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understood the question but here is some kind of reply:

There a no proper ArmA 3D modelling tools released by BIS yet (you know the tune) so cannot create a different mesh for every pouch and link each one to a specific different texture. So yes the ammo pouches/pockets all end up with the same cammo pattern. It’s a bit odd but there nothing I could do about it.
    Not the pouches, the pals webbing.

\"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag.. oh THERE it is!\"

Quote Originally Posted by (Ironsight @ April 04 2007,17:21)
    Maybe they came as a peacekeeping force to Sahrani after the conflict ended?

Only logical thing imo, as the camo doesnt really fit the 70% of Nogova wich is NOT desert

Not the pouches, the pals webbing.
    Oh, I see now, thanks . Would make them look more realistic. Will modify the vest accordingly in a future release.

Only logical thing imo, as the camo doesnt really fit the 70% of Nogova wich is NOT desert
    Just have these guys taking a trip to Northern Sahrani to check it out

Maybe they came as a peacekeeping force to Sahrani after the conflict ended?
    Yup, exactly, just as the NATO forces did in Kosovo for example, or the French/Italian UN forces in Lebanon last year. Actually, peace keeping-forces seems to arrive most of the time once the conflict is (supposed to be) ended.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast