Sign in to follow this  
ubernoober

Tutorials OFP>Arma

Hi all!

I want to ask you all skilled people from this great scene to support us - newbies with some tutorials... mayby some useful tips where to start with porting the Addons (Weapons, Vehicles, Planes/Helis) from Ofp to Arma...

I have tested one vehicle yesterday - i have succeded to get the car in Arma - in Editor - it works but only in 1st person view - when i want get out from vehicle or just switch to 3rd person view Arma just falls with no error - message...

So i beg for help coz i dont know where to look to solve this problem...

Or just some url to step by step tutorial how to do it (ive tried

GranQs Su25, but with the same result - Arma falls down) sad_o.gif

help.gif

Thx

hello ubernoober, i understand your request, but from what i could state so far, the few plp that managed to port an addon to the game, did it in a very dificult way, just because there isnt any tool (yet) for editing arma addons.

my sugestion is, go practise with ofp addons, there's many things u can do with them that are still used for arma addons. like learn how to model,texturerize, scripting or create good missions. for missions u can already work with arma, so...there's many stuff to learn now.

lets hope bis take not many time to release new o2, so meanwhile lets have fun playing the game...still havent played more then 2h...

whistle.gif

thx for reply friend,

but all that i want is some good step by step tutorial how to set the skeletons or similiar things in p3d's and config's - it is not to hard to get old OFP addon to Arma but without CfgSkeletons thingie it is hmmm useless...

So if can someonz put a light on this it makes happy many people...

Not quite sure if you are wanting to start from scratch but I think you can find some of what you are looking for here.

OFPEC's tutorials

Scroll down to the addon section. Brssebs tutorials are a good place to start.

Also check out the oxygen threads right here on the BI Forum

Learn the basics first so you are ready for the new tools.

Hope that is of some use to you.