Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Is OFPE an Xbox Original/Classic

Isn't there anyone we can contact to get them to put Flashpoint on the 360?
    I mean they update the list of what you can play from orginial xbox all the time. Couldn't we try Microsoft Xbox team?
    James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.

http://www.freewebs.com/ofpbob/index.htm

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by (The-Architect @ Jan. 21 2008,04:04)
    Isn't there anyone we can contact to get them to put Flashpoint on the 360?
    I mean they update the list of what you can play from orginial xbox all the time. Couldn't we try Microsoft Xbox team?
    There is some e-mail address into which you can send your wish.

I did that some foggy time ago. We should get every visitor of this forum to send one e-mail and maybe that could have some effect

Edit:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ibilityfaq.htm

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Q: How do I give my feedback to the team?

A: E-mail We read every e-mail sent to this address. Your feedback makes a difference! We value your feedback and use it to help us identify issues and prioritize our next round of titles. We're sorry that we aren't able to reply to everyone directly.

Q: What games will the next update support?

A: With every release, we update the list of currently supported games. We've heard your feedback in the forums and in , and we have a good idea of what's most important to the majority of you. However, some games are harder to make backward compatible than other games. If your favorite game isn't working, chances are, it's just taking longer. We won't know exactly which games will be added to the list until we complete the final test pass.

Q: Are you working on <my favorite game>?

A: Yes. We continue to work both on adding new games to the list and improving the compatibility of games already on the list.

Q: Why did you include some games on the list that clearly weren&#39;t as popular as <my favorite game>?

A: Todd Holmdahl answers this: "As we focused on the top sellers, we discovered that many other games worked due to similarities in their technology. As an added benefit, games that share engines and technology have been in some cases easier to certify for backward compatibility and have made the launch lineup as a result."

Q: Why aren&#39;t newer games working?

A: Many of the games that have come out recently are more technically demanding than older titles, so they are taking longer. Our goal of updating every title hasn&#39;t changed, and we&#39;ll continue to prioritize our work based on your feedback.

Now, everyone send an e-mail to &#33; Ask them to make Operation Flashpoint: Elite playable on XBox 360&#33;

It would also be a nice gesture from Bohemia Interactive Studio to contact Microsoft too. Maybe you already did that, but maybe do it again now *** ***it&#39;s only one e-mail you need to send (and a big wheel gets rolling at Microsoft).

Lance Corporal
    Well, your idea is very good, but I think it will not help. Microsoft said, they will do not more BC, becouse they had done their goal, I mean, every hit from Xbox run on X360. Ondrej Spanel said me, that they have very little influence on Microsoft. They can do now nothing, is allready too late. I think we will never more see Flashpoint on 360. I&#39;ve send allready 3 e-mails to Microsoft, but I don&#39;t think it will help us. We should done this allready 1 year ago, not today. We can contact Ondrej or Marek Spanel and ask them, what can they do, but it&#39;s hard to believe, that they will do something. Bohemia Interactive do not more support for Flashpoint Elite, they do now patch 1.09 for ArmA and ArmA II on PC and X360.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Well in that case Microsoft should take the webpage which I linked to down, as they clearly talk there about bringing more and more old Xbox games to Xbox 360, and not just hit games.

Lance Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by (Baddo @ Jan. 22 2008,01:21)
    Well in that case Microsoft should take the webpage which I linked to down, as they clearly talk there about bringing more and more old Xbox games to Xbox 360, and not just hit games.
    Don&#39;t you now, that Microsoft is a big liar?

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by (Jacobss @ Jan. 24 2008,00:30)
    Quote Originally Posted by (Baddo @ Jan. 22 2008,01:21)
    Don&#39;t you now, that Microsoft is a big liar?
    No.

You need to come up with evidence if you make that kind of accusations.

Perhaps an online petition on the Main ArmA page. Even if it&#39;s a poll.

The whole OFP:Elite is one BIG mystery ... a tripleAAA classic cult game.

- The BEST mil sim game ever on console

Gone in obscurity by:

- Breakup CM/BIS (for whatever reason, unknown to outsiders like me)
    - Launch around release 360 (the most horrible time to launch any old Xbox game)
    - MS completely ignoring Elite on Forums AND absolutely NO change on being BC
    - Slaughtered by its own pc cousin community. I mean, it was like murdering your kid brother, the way some guys were going ballistic over this &#39;coonnnsoollle is for dummies shit&#39;

Now ... WTF HAS HAPPENED TO ELITE?

It is as if NOBODY wanted that game and like they hired the devil himslef to prevent Elite have a chance to show what an excellent game is was (and still is)

Ok, i don&#39;t play Elite anymore (my old xbox is collecting dust) but the brilliant game deserved A LOT MORE. from CM/BIS from the &#39;community&#39;, from MS and from the gamers.

Truely a shame (you only have to touch the editor to see how beyond any other game Elite was ... and the editor wasn&#39;t even very good or polished, it was hastily put together)

A shame, and a missed oppotunity big time by CM/BIS and MS

Think of the impact Elite would have made if it was released on 360 with the gfx made a little nicer and the 360 specs being 10x xbox or so ... what a missed opportunity
    New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Slaughtered by its own pc cousin community
    That perhaps was the most serious hit the game got right into the face. If the community supports a game then it will live on, no matter what the publisher/developer does about it - see e.g. Freelancer. Still alive after 5 years.

But Max, as I already said elsewhere, 2008 will be Easter-Xmas for us: 2 OFP games for the best gaming machine out there, that should keep us busy some time my friend

Grim

Several missions for Xbox available on our site&#33; Go to:
    http://www.homefrontcenter.de/English/Flashpoint1_e.html

Banned
    Yeah damn right

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast