3 point lose by Death (not team Kill) wheel be good
3 point lose by Death (not team Kill) wheel be good
Sorry for my English but I am French and happy to be.
Now available on ARMA 3
VTS is a mission sandbox .
The mission dynamically pre-load every addons of your game.
VTS allow a Game master(s) to create multiplayers cooperatives missions in real time (players connected). with a lot of short cuts to make it simply & quickly.
You can play in MP or SP (Great mission to test new islands, new vehicles or to have a serious real-time editor).
It's really easy to use.
Trailer video (by l'etranger)
I would highly recommend two places. I am an admin and 2 year volunteer and member of the Tactical Gamer community (www.tacticalgamer.com). When I started playing BF2 with them two years ago it completely changed the way I played all of my of my multi-player games. TG was originally founded by players of Ghost Recon and OFP and has always focused on effective teamplay. For ArmA, TG typically has 2 servers running a "Public" server that is passworded (password is available in the forums and a "Private" server that is available for our supporting members. We have tried to run a fully open server in the past, but with the lack of admin tools the best compromise is the open password.Originally Posted by (Heatseeker @ May 03 2007,05:28)
Another community I recommend is Shack Tactical. They take what I would consider a more "strict" approach to teamplay than TG, but both provide the best multi-player experience IHMO.
Either way, give us a try and I think you will be happy. Be sure to introduce yourself on TS (TS is required) or on the forums and let the players know you are new to TG.
You can lead a player to battle but you cant make him think.
Best bet is to choose your server and choose your squad to suit your gamestyle.
Very true statement!Originally Posted by (KilJoy [SFG
Shame not many think about it like that.
Just another tragic case of terminal kinetic energy poisoning!
It's hard to please everyone, but easy to upset everyone!
*IF* You love evolution, but are tired of the "general public" kiddies, and want to play with some mature players, private message me for server name and pass to our dedi server.
Our server is a dedicated 1.05 (currently) and has been running for 3+ months now. It's private, and passworded to keep the general public (idiots) out. We run evolution in persistant mode (meaning when nobody's on, mission is still going till server crashes or it's completed or we somehow reset it).
If you want it, private message me for server name/ip and pass.
However - If you don't meet these criteria, don't Private Message me:
1. You play as a true team member, we all attack the same city/objective together, we assist one another, and while it's natural to be competative for points, once you get 20-30 over others, you start helping out more than before, and always let the "little guy" blow up the secondary objectives. We don't REQUIRE you to be overly co-op crazy and militaristic, but we do play co-op as COOPERATIVELY. We help one another, we're very opened minded, and we share the workload (getting the trucks, repairing, etc).
When we're done with a city, NOBODY goes on to attack the next city until we have everything repaired, back at airport (or whereever the stash is), and we're all ready to move on. This is co-op, not adventure island.
2. You know how to command AI and know how to help clean up vehicles (repair, refuel) after we take cities and help put stuff BACK at airport or at our next "rally point" to take next city.
3. If you make colonel or some very high rank, and a "regular" that plays on our server shows up with little to no points, you allow him to be your gunner and make some rank so he's useful to help you, and in turn you both have fun.
4. You don't "hog" vehicles. If you make a rank first, you don't use up all the vehicles of a type leaving them out for repair. Instead, you take ONE, use it (and/or others), repair them, and keep going. If you wreck a lot of vehicles in a city, after we complete the city, you're expected to be one of the busier guys helping out repairing all the stuff.. ie, true team player.
5. You use teamspeak, having a working headset/mic and you speak fluent English (no offense to those that don't, but communication is obviously necessary).
6. You play generally in the USA (CST) evenings (which is when most of us play).
Just a quick word on secondary objectives in the next version. At the time of writing each city now has 2 secondaries. one is blow up a radio tower. The radio tower is now randomly placed heavily guarded and hard to shoot with rpg. the second secondary is capture an enemy officer, he is randomly placed and to capture him you have to eliminate his guards. At that point he will join you to be led to pow camp where you will get 20 points. once a city is captured any remaining infantry drop there weapons and can also be captured and lead to pow camp for 10 points each. Maybe intelligence will be gained from captives leading to server wide sub objectives. I'm thinking of rewarding anyone in the same group as the person who detonates the radio tower so long as they are in close proximity, and like wise for delivering pows.
Nice. What if we pop off the officer? Can that have a bonus also?
Consider upping the rank point system, or adding General, etc. Make rank a tad slower by upping point values/requirements.
You're adding a lot of new points (not that it's bad), and fixing some of the "fairness" by doing proximity point giving (IE, allowing others to get secondary points for being there too), which is GOOD, but it's getting us to colonel faster...
agree with more ranks , spread vehicles, helis, weapons over them ...
in future add tactical features like UAV / Spy Sat (use modded keg script) for highest ranks ...
RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD
Have you looked at the setRank function? Just to make people have the right ranks visually in the gear screen and command bar. Would also affect leadership heirachy too I think.