Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess Sara is pretty much visual range as a whole. As for the PBO issue, I'll take a better look into it. I'm sure it works as you described, but what I did was insert the init.sqf information into the mission I already had- I did NOT start from scratch. I replaced the area under the MandoWar mission for "spawning AI" by copy and pasting your info above, and editing it to my names. It worked briefly, but after I added another SAM or did something I'm not aware of, it stopped working. Now it won't work with just one so I'd imagine it's something I did.
As for the Patriot/S-300 issue, let me know if you need any help, I'd be glad to test it.
(FYI i know NOTHING about scripting so you have made it easier- it's amazing I've made it this far)
EDIT: disregard the init.sqf stuff, I fixed it with my mad copy and paste skillz. lol. I was including the "};" and apparently should not have.
Awesome, if i change that in the script will it fix it ?
I'm sure this update is obsolete now:
I was about to write that I noticed, if I shot a Lance and hopped into the patriot nearby, I had no contacts on the list but on the current missile box, the bottom right one, I had the missile data of the one I locked.
EDIT: I obviously didn't look at this script before asking that, no idea what line it's on...
EDIT#2: I fixed it, works great- i've got to start trying it out before I write stupid posts.
Yes, open mando_missilecenterdlg.sqs in mando_missiles\mcc folder, then look for
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(_i > (_endofair - 1))&&(_i < _endmissiles): _contactstr2 = format["Missile, %1m", _distance][/QUOTE]
and change it by
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
?(_i > (_endofair - 1))&&(_i < _endofmissiles): _contactstr2 = format["Missile, %1m", _distance][/QUOTE]
if you want to increase the hit % of S-300 or Patriot, go to \mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types and increase the _boomrange in mando_missilecontrolon_scud.sqs and mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs
There you may play with many more firing parameters for both sytems. You may use also the scripts in that folder to build your own ones with different parameters.
Re-edited my above post. Thanks Mando.
Mando Missile ArmA v2.2 beta 3 available at first post:
Changes in 2.2 beta 3:
- Fixed a bug introduced in 2.2 beta 2 that prevents MCC units of displaying interceptable missiles in the contact list (thanks scudrunner for finding the problem).
- Tuned up S-300 MCC SAM to be more effective against interceptable missiles.
- Arma Air War, Mando Remote, Patriot vs SCUD and Mando Missle Lab upgraded to v2.2 beta 3
- Added three basic missions: mando_sams.Intro, mando_at.Intro and anti-radar.Sara
- All the missions ready for the editor, check readme.txt for install instructions.
Mando Missile 2.2 beta 3 missions:
- ArmA Air War 2.1 (MP 13 players): OPFOR Su34s, SAMs and SCUD vs BLUFOR Harriers, SAMSs and Lances.
- Mando Missile Lab.
- Mando Remote v2
- Patriot vs Scud v2
- Mando Sams (basic example mission): Several SAMs vs many enemy choppers.
- Mando At (basic example mission): Anti-tank MCC for players vs many enemy tanks.
- Anti-Radar (basic example mission): Su34 with anti-radar missiles vs enemy SAMs.
FYI each of those mission folders dont have the needed mando missile folder in it for each to work. you have to drag the script folder into each mission folder. at least thats how it was for me.
That's just what is writen in the procedure inside the readme file. mando_missiles folder is separate in the zip, it is not included in each mission to save space.
lol. sorry- guess i should have read that.
great work mandoble!
i needed some time to get it all working, mainly cause i somehow thought by ttypes "civilian" and "resistance" the entries "civ" and "guer" would be correct (old ofp naming).
my fault, i know, but now it works great.
its really easy to modify, i tested it with a rocket model i made and it looks great.
sic semper tyrannis