Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

mma.jpg

Now available both, traditional script suite and addon version

- Simulate most existing missile/torpedo in real-life using any object class present in ArmA able to move.

- Full MP support.

- Add chaff or flares missile defense systems to any AI unit, AI units defending with chaff or flares automatically.

- Add a player controlled Missile Control Center to any playable vehicle.

- Add automatic missile systems to any AI vehicle, AI units enganging with their missiles by their own.

- Add chaff or flares to player vehicles.

- Ammo trucks able to reload missiles and flares/chaff.

- Missiles intercepting missiles.

- Missiles hitting targets now reward with score to the players in the crew of firing units.

- ArmA missile replacement. Now you may replace easily any missile fired in ArmA by a MMA one.

- Remote targeting added. Players or AI may attack targets locked by other units (for example, using laser designators).

- Customizable MCC colours.

- Up to 8 different missile systems per vehicle (what about modeling a big battleship?).

- Visual and MCC (dialog based) locking, tracking and firing systems for players.

- AI units now are able to reload missiles by their own if close enough to an ammo truck.

- Missile systems may be added to units by type or by name. You may add missile systems to every units of the indicated class with a single script executed in your init.sqs or init.sqf.

- Keys and key descriptions used to drop flares/chaff, lock on targets and fire missiles cuztomizables from mandomissile_init.sqf.

- Fully customizable warheads, smoke trails and launch FX scripts.

- More than 30 configurable parameters for missiles (seeker range, endurange, agility, seeker scan arcs, flight profile, etc).

- You may now configure missile reload times after firing for MCCs.

- Anti-radar systems.

Mando Missile ArmA v2.3 (please, do not mirror this resource yet)

Mando Missile online help

Mando Missile demostration videos

Attached to the first post of this post you will find mma_air_combat.Sara.zip. While it is a fully playable mission SP or MP, it is inteded as an example of Mando Missile integration with addons. Inside you will find mma_bis_su34_init.sqf, mma_bis_su34b_init.sqf and mma_bis_av8b2_init.sqf. Three example scripts which are executed from the init field of the planes in the mission, but these script might also be executed from the "Init" EH (or Extended EH) of an addon derived from Su34, Su34B or AV8B2. If Mando Missile is not present in the mission, the planes will behave like normal ones, but if MMA 2.3 or above is present, the planes will reconfigure themselves to use MMA systems. The script activates/deactivates AI/human systems depending on who is into each position of a plane, human or AI.

Soon you will have a comprehensive guide explaining step by step how to integrate Mando Missile within any addon.

In the example mission you may fly as OPFOR, BLUFOR or keep grounded as civilian observer.

Update Jan 6 2009

NEW MMA 2.35 teaser, Falcon 4 style

Attached to the first post of the above link you will find MMA235_teaser.Intro.zip, which is a teaser of MMA 2.35B new HUD system. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

All mando missile functionalities not used in the teaser demo have been removed to save space.

The new mando_missilevehicle3.sqf HUD handler present in the demo will be heavily modified before 2.35 final verions to allow the customization of several hardcoded parameters in a similar way as current 2.35 TV systems.

Edited by Mandoble

This is so.. well, not words for it but its great.

Deanosbeano showed me his videos and what can I say.. (yes have to admit I havent checked it myself ingame yet and I mean YET).

I am very much for realistic multiplayer working on a CTI and just thinking on where I could use this.. we so need new models to support this. How "MP safe" would you say it is?

Sofar the best "addon" for ArmA..

notworthy.gif

Impressive stuff. Played with it a little. Seems very comprehensive and the whole interface is so cool (yet I have to understand how everything works).

I downloaded the 2.0 version and I gotta say I'm seriously impressed. I made a mission a while back for OFP and it involved the use of anti aircraft missles which became a pain in the ass to figure out all the tracking and timing of everything. Your mod should make my life a lot easier in re-creating the mission from ofp into ArmA, cheers matey!! notworthy.gif Now I've just gotta figure out how to impliment these scripts into my mission.

Looking real good Mando.  Thanks for all your hard work  smile_o.gif  Can I be a little bit cheeky and ask you to consider adding a further missile class to the scripts? The real hellfire missile, and others, can be set using various targeting mechanisms and to use different flight profiles. For example direct to radar tracked target, to laser target, to GPS location, and the flight profiles can be straight line, and 'curved' in all axes - like up n over for example: so you fire, it can be set to go forward+up a settable amount at settable angle, flies along then can drop down onto a target at a settable angle, like you can sit behind a hill, fire off a hellfire that you pre-set to drop down on-top of a tank.  This is something I've often wished for in OFP, now ArmA, for the helicopter attack scenarios.  Could your scripts be made to do this?  Would there be any way to incorporate them into an addon to either modify the default and addon weapon classes and vehicles?  Cheeky question, I know - but could you do it? Cheers, WarWolf

Just tried 2.1, is alot tighter and very cool camel fight  pistols.gif  notworthy.gif

A couple of things though, the anti-building missile is a harrier? don't know if this is meant or not  huh.gif

second with the torpedo you can see the vehicle pop up outa the water before impact.

Not big things as plenty of work arounds, great work yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

A couple of things though, the anti-building missile is a harrier? don't know if this is meant or not huh.gif

second with the torpedo you can see the vehicle pop up outa the water before impact.

This demo is addonless, because Mando Missile is addonless (it is not and addon, it is not a mod, it is just a set of scripts). You may use whichever object you want to use as missile, even a tractor. Missile's real characteristics are given as parameters to the mando_missile.sqf script (including the object class).

Same for AI units firing missiles. In the demo I used a Vulcan and a Camel. You may attach a deadly missile system to a motorbike it you want. In this case, the vehicle that will fire missiles on its own is also passed as argument to another script. Quite the very same with the player's controlled MCC, you just decice which vehicles in your mission will have it available for the player, you dont need any special addon for that.

To simulate a torpedo I used a BMP2, just because this "object" does not get destroyed under water. You may use anyother object you wish, as long as it can "live" below water. If you find a nice looking torpedo in any addon, you will be able to use its class for Mando Missile scripts, and it will become a dangerous torpedo (instead of just a nice looking 3D object).

I used AV8B in the anti-structure demo just because it is big, and it shows what can you do with "big" sized missiles, even with under-water launches. You may try to look for a Polaris, Trident, Tomahawk or even Harpoon 3D object, make an addon with it and then use it with me scripts.

Deanosbeano tried it with outstanding results, as you may have seen in his video, using his Tomahawk missile and a big big submarine instead of the small ships already present in ArmA.

Hope this helps to understand what is all this about wink_o.gif

is this an Addon, it loooks great and I downloaded but I couldnt figure out how to use it. How do I use in the Editor?

if it's not an addon, then I dont really mind

WarWolf @ Mar. 28 2007,13:43)]

WarWolf all you are asking for is already supported by current scripts.

A missile may be fired in what we may consider "inertial" mode, not active and with the initial vertical angle you want. The missile itself has, among many others, four other factors: its own radar range, cruise altitude ASL while in inertial and its endurace in seconds.

Just for your example, give the missile an initial vertical launch angle of 45 degrees, starting mode = 0 (inertial), a radar range of 500m and a cruise altitude of 80m.

The missile will fly upwards til raching 80m, then it will fly towards the general location of the target till closer than 500m and then it will dive directly for the final aproach in active mode. Basically, if fired in inertial mode (0 or 1), then missile will switch to active as soon as the "predicted" position of the target gets into missile's own radar range.

You have a second way to do this, the missile has also a parameter to adjust the time between launch and guidance. Lets say you launch your missile heading towards the general direction of the target with an inclination of 45 degrees and the time to control is set to 0.02 secs (note that 0.02 secs is about two real time secs as script consumed time should be considered here). The missile will fly without eny guidance for 2 seconds in the launch direction and with the indicated inclination, after this time guidance will be switched on, if the missile was fired in active mode, it will immediately engange the target (after these 2 seconds the missile will be already hight enough to dive directly over the victim), if not, it will fly as described in previous case.

Check the parameters or mando_missile.sqf, you will find you will be able to do almost whatever you want to simulate.

Can someone tell me how to use this in the editor, all I see is SQS files after unPBO. is this an addon to begin with

Can people seriously not read? icon_rolleyes.gif

Mando has said on more than one occasion that this is not an addon, it is a set of scripts.

Once you've unpbo'd the mission, you can use the scripts (sqf files) in your own mission.

How to use scripts is a different and big topic which has been covered before. Do a search.

Once again, great stuff Mando wink_o.gif

WarWolf,Mar. 28 2007,13:43]

WarWolf all you are asking for is already supported by current scripts.

A missile may be fired in what we may consider "inertial" mode, not active and with the initial vertical angle you want. The missile itself has, among many others, four other factors: its own radar range, cruise altitude ASL while in inertial and its endurace in seconds.

Just for your example, give the missile an initial vertical launch angle of 45 degrees, starting mode = 0 (inertial), a radar range of 500m and a cruise altitude of 80m.

The missile will fly upwards til raching 80m, then it will fly towards the general location of the target till closer than 500m and then it will dive directly for the final aproach in active mode. Basically, if fired in inertial mode (0 or 1), then missile will switch to active as soon as the "predicted" position of the target gets into missile's own radar range.

You have a second way to do this, the missile has also a parameter to adjust the time between launch and guidance. Lets say you launch your missile heading towards the general direction of the target with an inclination of 45 degrees and the time to control is set to 0.02 secs (note that 0.02 secs is about two real time secs as script consumed time should be considered here). The missile will fly without eny guidance for 2 seconds in the launch direction and with the indicated inclination, after this time guidance will be switched on, if the missile was fired in active mode, it will immediately engange the target (after these 2 seconds the missile will be already hight enough to dive directly over the victim), if not, it will fly as described in previous case.

Check the parameters or mando_missile.sqf, you will find you will be able to do almost whatever you want to simulate.

Nice job mandoble, may i ask, could it be possilbe to make the missile flying like Javelin? which climbs to certain altitude at high speed first then flying towards target's direction keeping altitude, after reaching the sky over the target dive directly into the top of enemy tank.

it would be nice to give an example like u did before if possible.

Cristoll, I already replied to that case. Just the first example for WarWolf. The missile will climb till reaching indicated alt, then fly towards target's "predicted interception position" (while keeping alt), then, when inside own missile's seeker range, it will dive directly for the kill.

Open missile_testbed.Intro folder

Open firemissile.sqs (missile firing test script so you can tune up your missile's parameters easily).

Change _cruisealt = 80 by _cruisealt = 100 (or higher if you want it to fly higher)

(note that _modeinit = 0 (inertial, if 2, active at launch time).

_activerange = 600 which means the missile will activate its seeker when closer than 600m to the enemy, then it will dive against it.

Even more _terrainavoidance = true which means the missile will even try to avoid terrain elevations higher than its cruise altitude. You may switch that to false.

Same parameres may be adjusted for AI automatic missile armed units. Check mando_basicsam_unit.sqs, based on this you may create whichever script you want to simulate your desired real unit (launcher).

awesomeness..

downloading...

any particular mission in the demo or scenario ?

or every time you die with a mando missile you ctd ?

Is there a way to add addon units as hostile forces? Meaning, i'ld like my SAM battery to engage the Apache helos as well. With standard BIS units the SAM works like hell  biggrin_o.gif  but unfortunately it ignores the AH-64 completely. confused_o.gif

I've read all docs and clicked through most of the scripts what did not help me any further. Any help is highly appreciated so thanks in advance!  smile_o.gif

Yes, check init.sqs in mando_missile.Sara, look there for mando_basicsam_unit.sqs, it receives a unit present in the map named autosam1 (it is a Vulcan), you may change its parameters at will. Call this script using a soldier assigned to your SAM (check requirement explanation below).

You may also create your own scripts based on mando_basicsam_unit.sqs with different missile parameters, etc.

The only requirement is that your firing vehicle has a unit (driver, commander, gunner or even cargo) because the main script mando_missileattacker.sqf checks for its alive status. If that person is dead, the firing unit (its vehicle) will stop eganging enemies even having 0 damage itself.

Tell me if you find any problems doing this.