Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

May have found a bug. I could swear I read something somewhere about MP Patriot/S-300 anti missile interception not working correctly, but it was an old post. I'm having the problem. (Fixed wing, human controlled) contacts that depart from the opposing airport are picked up on the contact list instantaneously. Air to ground launches from either the Lance or Scud launchers are EXTREMELY rare to be picked up in the contact list.(and when they did the interceptor missiles always overshot, which hopefully I corrected with agility and slowing the speeds down) Any ideas?

Also, your above post worked for me fine, until I packed it as a PBO. Then none of the scripts worked. I went back to the editor and suddenly had a script error, and had to take out all of my AI controlled SAMs. I'm using a streamlined version of your MandoWar 2 MP mission.

Also, is there any way to limit the SU's (and Harrier's) radar seeker range to only 60 degrees or so in front of the aircraft?

Or should I just shutup and wait for the instruction manual? lol

Fantastic script though, I cant wait to figure it out

Quote[/b] ]Air to ground launches from either the Lance or Scud launchers are EXTREMELY rare to be picked up in the contact list.

I'll have a look at this while I havent experienced that problem yet. May be I included a bug accidentaly in this release icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, is there any way to limit the SU's (and Harrier's) radar seeker range to only 60 degrees or so in front of the aircraft?"

Yes, in fact, it was implemented, but removed later for playability reasons. The size of ArmA islands is too small, you are in fact fighting all the time inside real visual range (< 15 km).

Quote[/b] ]Also, your above post worked for me fine, until I packed it as a PBO.

This one is really weird, I've never experienced any problem with packed missions.

EDIT:

I think you forgot to export the mission with sam_one as the name of the M113.

I did create the same mission described in the previous page, exported an worked fine.

Remember that the M113 SAM configured there is quite weak and "obsolete". If you want a much more accurate and powerful AI sam, change \mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs" by \mando_patriot.sqs" in the init.sqf

You may download the example mission for the editor here --> Mando SAMs

NLOS-LS

This is already supported by Mando Missiles.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess Sara is pretty much visual range as a whole. As for the PBO issue, I'll take a better look into it. I'm sure it works as you described, but what I did was insert the init.sqf information into the mission I already had- I did NOT start from scratch. I replaced the area under the MandoWar mission for "spawning AI" by copy and pasting your info above, and editing it to my names. It worked briefly, but after I added another SAM or did something I'm not aware of, it stopped working. Now it won't work with just one so I'd imagine it's something I did.

As for the Patriot/S-300 issue, let me know if you need any help, I'd be glad to test it.

(FYI i know NOTHING about scripting so you have made it easier- it's amazing I've made it this far)

EDIT: disregard the init.sqf stuff, I fixed it with my mad copy and paste skillz. lol. I was including the "};" and apparently should not have.

Good finding biggrin_o.gif

in mando_missilecenterdlg.sqs I forgot an "of" banghead.gif , _endmissiles instead of _endofmissiles in a checkpoint, so actually it is absolutely impossible for players to intercept any SCUD or Lance from Patriots or S-300 launchers. On the other hand, AI has no problem intercepting them wink_o.gif

Look below for the fix.

Awesome, if i change that in the script will it fix it ?

I'm sure this update is obsolete now:

I was about to write that I noticed, if I shot a Lance and hopped into the patriot nearby, I had no contacts on the list but on the current missile box, the bottom right one, I had the missile data of the one I locked.

EDIT: I obviously didn't look at this script before asking that, no idea what line it's on...

EDIT#2: I fixed it, works great- i've got to start trying it out before I write stupid posts.

Yes, open mando_missilecenterdlg.sqs in mando_missiles\mcc folder, then look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(_i > (_endofair - 1))&&(_i < _endmissiles): _contactstr2 = format["Missile, %1m", _distance]

and change it by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

?(_i > (_endofair - 1))&&(_i < _endofmissiles): _contactstr2 = format["Missile, %1m", _distance]

if you want to increase the hit % of S-300 or Patriot, go to \mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types and increase the _boomrange in mando_missilecontrolon_scud.sqs and mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs

There you may play with many more firing parameters for both sytems. You may use also the scripts in that folder to build your own ones with different parameters.

Mando Missile ArmA v2.2 beta 3 available at first post:

Changes in 2.2 beta 3:

- Fixed a bug introduced in 2.2 beta 2 that prevents MCC units of displaying interceptable missiles in the contact list (thanks scudrunner for finding the problem).

- Tuned up S-300 MCC SAM to be more effective against interceptable missiles.

- Arma Air War, Mando Remote, Patriot vs SCUD and Mando Missle Lab upgraded to v2.2 beta 3

- Added three basic missions: mando_sams.Intro, mando_at.Intro and anti-radar.Sara

- All the missions ready for the editor, check readme.txt for install instructions.

Mando Missile 2.2 beta 3 missions:

- ArmA Air War 2.1 (MP 13 players): OPFOR Su34s, SAMs and SCUD vs BLUFOR Harriers, SAMSs and Lances.

- Mando Missile Lab.

- Mando Remote v2

- Patriot vs Scud v2

- Mando Sams (basic example mission): Several SAMs vs many enemy choppers.

- Mando At (basic example mission): Anti-tank MCC for players vs many enemy tanks.

- Anti-Radar (basic example mission): Su34 with anti-radar missiles vs enemy SAMs.

FYI each of those mission folders dont have the needed mando missile folder in it for each to work. you have to drag the script folder into each mission folder. at least thats how it was for me.

That's just what is writen in the procedure inside the readme file. mando_missiles folder is separate in the zip, it is not included in each mission to save space.

great work mandoble!

i needed some time to get it all working, mainly cause i somehow thought by ttypes "civilian" and "resistance" the entries "civ" and "guer" would be correct (old ofp naming).

my fault, i know, but now it works great.

its really easy to modify, i tested it with a rocket model i made and it looks great.

Ola Mandoble,

-I confirm that the p3d message is for now corrected,..nice one.

- I have trouble with original LOCK key L. CTRL, when mapped onto my x52 joystick, it does not work anymore ...?

and it was working before the new beta ?

I just can't figure this out as any other key works but left ctrl does not work anymore with joystick (when mapped as button onto joystick) whatever the joystick  button I used, L.Ctrl still work on (qwerty) keyboard  in the same time??

-Another and last question, is it possible to change the payload of an aircraft when reloading missiles ?

Now for some remark I saw here and there regarding difficulties of use, I have a question: have you ever seen a multifunctions tool with only one button ?  wink_o.gif

Ps:We'll never say it too much, thx again for your work Mandoble !

you have a menu action to reconfigure the missile keys on-the-fly, about your X52 joy malcfunctioning, send it to the repair shop.

Quote[/b] ]have you ever seen a multifunctions tool with only one button
Er, sorry?

EDIT:

Forgot to say, you may also change mandomissile_init.sqf, at the beginning you have the defefault keys assigned for lock, fire and flares.

the x52 is working fine. the left ctrl key is just disapearing

from time to time, so i tought it could come from the code.

maybe not.

regarding the mutitools with only one button...it was just my bad english to answer to people saying that your mando missiles was  far too complicated to use and that it should be usable as one logic in editor ...

-i notice that from time to time when calling the ordonance menu it just close itself with no time to read whatsoever.(it seems to be when you have no more missiles left)

-When using the ils system to land and coming on final at low speed (just before the automatique autopilote message switch.)

the plane will stay like if it was hovering.(maybe the way the speed is implemented in the velocity routine?)

your mando missiles was  far too complicated to use and that it should be usable as one logic in editor ...

rofl.gif

Note that some actions have a delay time implemented, you cannot drop flares continuously, you cannot fire one missile per millisecond. There is a delay there just to prevent you to do these.

-When using the ils system to land and coming on final at low speed (just before the automatique autopilote message switch.)

the plane will stay like if it was hovering.(maybe the way the speed is implemented in the velocity routine?)

This may happen if the plane gets damage above 0.5 while landing in automatic. It is not related to the missile system. To fix that effect, open mando_land.sqf, look for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_timeini = dayTime * 3600;

_vdir = vectorDir _plane;

while {(dayTime*3600) < (_timeini + 5)} do

{

_plane setVectorDir _vdir;

_plane setVelocity [0,0,-0.1];

Sleep _delay;

};

and replace by:

_timeini = dayTime * 3600;

_vdir = vectorDir _plane;

while {((dayTime*3600) < (_timeini + 5)) && (damage _plane < 0.5)} do

{

_plane setVectorDir _vdir;

_plane setVelocity [0,0,-0.1];

Sleep _delay;

};

Just popping in to say thank you thank you thank you, this set of scripts is just fantastic, and that's an understatement.  notworthy.gif

Thanks for the fantastic scripts! I had been waiting for something like this!

Quick question, I want to package Harriers for SEAD roles. Is it possible to model HARM missiles with this script package? also is it possible to add the anti radar system to non OPFOR Jets? I have been investigating the scripts and integrating them into my mission but Im a newbie to ARMA scripting so some of it goes over my head sad_o.gif

Also for a future version what about the ability to add a FLIR window for more realistic maverick usage?

Edit: also how do I prevent jets from using their normal armament when mando missile is active on them?

Edit2: Woot I figured it out! Thanks again for the amazing scripts

Well, actually anti radar system may be added to any plane or even chopper. But it is MCC based and MCC is dialog based and also uses a camera, so once it is switched on, you cannot control the plane. In the anti radar demo I used it for the Su34B gunners, but it is not a matter of OPFOR or BLUFOR, as soon as anybody releases an F15E or Tornado, you'll be able to add anti radar console to their gunners, you may actually add one for the gunners of AH1s choppers, for example.

On the other hand, I might include another option for non MCC based missile systems for players (like the one available for the AV8s), to be able to cycle through the current active radar sources in the same way it is done with REMOTE targets, this way single seat planes would be able to engante active radar sources too.

FLIR, would require an active camera too (as the one present for the MCC), and this would prevent pilots to drive their planes while FLIR is on, unless using an addon based FLIR. But the purpose of Mando Missile is to be and keep being 100% addon free.

Yeah I added the anti radar system to the harriers and it is quite difficult to use in a single seat plane. Though doable. Mabye you could add another option to the action menu? "switch to SEAD mode" then any active ground radar contacts in your hud will be automatically locked. Once in range you will get a shoot cue.