Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

In this thread

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1320490

People are asking for a fire control system for tanks as Nonwonderdog has gone walkies and his FCS system is brilliant for tanks, but it wont work in multiplayer/needs improving etc.

I was wondering if you could adapt your systems to work in a similar way to this. I don't know if you played Steel beasts but the NWD FCS is very similar.

we could use the gun cam you made on an M1a2 but we would need to slave it to the actual gun barrel so it moved with the view and worked in a similiar way to the m1a1 targeting systems is there anyway of doing this?

You did such a good job on the hellfire and other cameras I wonder if you could do the same with tank optics.

Sorry for the rambling post hope it makes sense. thinking out loud really.

edit:

I have been experimenting with mando gun and have been able to add it to the m1abrams. I now need to figure out how to slave this system to the turret so it points where i look, is this possible I ask?

I have been experimenting with mando gun and have been able to add it to the m1abrams. I now need to figure out how to slave this system to the turret so it points where i look, is this possible I ask?

Or is it possible to slave mando gun to the position of the turret?

I have no idea but IF our guru could get it to work it would be wonderful. Perhaps you could call it .... Mando Turret smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

PS colligpip, would be interested in seeing your Abrams mando gun

Sadly that cannot be done with a manable turret of a tank (it is not affected by animate command). On the other hand, it works pretty well for "fake" turrets. I did some tests with a Phalanx turret (not mannable, just a "fake" turret in the top of a ship) created by Scars and it works nicely (the gun object enslaved to mando gun). In this particular case it was pretty impressive to see that Phalanx in action intercepting everything around, including incoming mando missiles wink_o.gif

PS colligpip, would be interested in seeing your Abrams mando gun

Here it is so far...Its just a test loads of errors come up as I just ripped the code out of my warfare version and created a "testrange" for the tank fire controll system I'm trying to make.

I cant get the -idx to link in with the actual gun rounds, will have to look further.

As i say this really is just a test that ive just started playing with, but you can see the sort of thing i'm trying to make with mando gun.

http://files.filefront.com/tankopt....fo.html

Mandoble,

Have been creating a few missions with MMA2.35beta and I have a suggestion for when people are bombing using any camera (GBU/maverick/or even Mando gun !wink_o.gif is to be able to use the rudder to steer left/right. I know that you lock the vertical so that we cannot crash to our deaths but to be able to steer would be awesome !

Also would it be possible to have a button on the camera to switch to the bomb cam (and switch back again)?

I'm still finding that sometimes the camera loses lock (even when the limits are limiting ! Can you have a look into that please as it's annoying to watch your GBU falling only to lose lock.

Apart from that it's AMAZING and I love it !

[TAO] Kremator

I did some tests with a Phalanx turret (not mannable, just a "fake" turret in the top of a ship) created by Scars and it works nicely (the gun object enslaved to mando gun). In this particular case it was pretty impressive to see that Phalanx in action intercepting everything around, including incoming mando missiles  wink_o.gif

No sure I understand what you did with Scars, but if you can incorporate it into an Addon, I see no reason why I can't make a ship for example with all "User" animated gun movement.

ie, the user can script set the angles of both Turret and Gun at any time.

..... or is that what you did with Scars?

I suppose you dont need the turret mannable, just that you can get access to the Gun camera.

Now I don't know how you would have multiple people using multiple guns/launchers.

Could you show us what you have so far Mandoble to help people like Gnat etc (and for the nosey ones like myself !wink_o.gif

Thanks

[TAO] Kremator

Certainly you can incorporate that too Gnat, to any ship or vehicle. I mean, fake turrets (objects) in the ships that can be animated (turn in x/y/z). There are new parameters in 2.35 that control these animations for both, missiles and automatic guns.

What I was meaning in the first post about this is that this method doesnt work for real turrets (manable ones).

Kremator, I would show you what is done so far, but youtube is not working for me anymore (it keeps trying to connecto to something called s.ytimg.com forever).

About the ship addon itself with the fake turrets, you better ask Scars.

Anyone able to help Mandoble with his Youtube problem? I havent come across it before so I have no idea.

Would be great to see whats new smile_o.gif

Can't wait for FULL 2.35 !!!

[TAO] Kremator

YTube worked after a while:

In the video you will see the phalanx moving without transitions, this was already fixed by Scars, but I only have the older version of the ship.

Certainly you can incorporate that too Gnat, to any ship or vehicle. I mean, fake turrets (objects) in the ships that can be animated (turn in x/y/z). There are new parameters in 2.35 that control these animations for both, missiles and automatic guns.

Cool.

So is there standard naming needed, for the animated sections?

i.e.

t1turret

t1gunbarrel

t2turret

t2gunbarrel

etc

_ship animate ["t1turret",0.45]

_ship animate ["t1gunbarrel",0.15]

Scars might know better than mine, anyway this is my anim code for the phalanx gun (this is in fact an argument for each turret, so each turret might have its own anim code within mandogun):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_animcode =

{

(_this select 0) animate ["x_base", (_this select 1)/180];

(_this select 0) animate ["y_base", (_this select 2)/-180];

};

That code gets as parameters the ship, the horizontal angle (-180 to 180) and the vertical angle (-180 to 180). For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[ship1, -45, 45] spawn _animcode;

As each turret in the same ship needs to have different anims names, I guess at least for the animations there is no standard naming.

any chance for A_C130_mando_version??

may be some fake_AI_gun???

or may be some help with implementation??

Sorry, but If you mean to include these turret objects in a A_C130 I cannot help, this would be more a question for addon editors (Im not).

Anyway, new mando gun and mando gun lite (the one included mma 2.35b) can be attached to any exiting vehicle with just the execution of a single script, you have many examples in the demo missions.

NonWonderDog is back and may be able to help with turret animation/direction issues.

Check his thread.

[TAO] Kremator

I've been diligently working with this, trying to achieve what I want, but still have some questions I hope you can answer.  Most of what I've done I've ripped out of the "mando_target" mission.

1. is there no AI Tow "attacker" script?

2. where in the mission do I put the line to configure a custom missile from the missile lab?

3. do Mando Missile Keys not work with joysticks?  I've got the trigger mapped to the same key as "fire" for both default weapons and the mando fire missile key, but no luck.  No mando missile.

4. in mando_target mission, Harrier HARMs don't seem ready to launch (green circle doesn't "light up") until you're basically in visual range.  shouldn't you be able to launch them from further out?  isn't that the point of HARMs?

5. it seems in order to lock on, you pretty much have to put the "plus"-sign reticle right on the target.  And you also need to be fairly close (compared to Kms away with the default Arma missile locking) Is this correct?

Edit:

6. is there a way to change the HUD readout for missiles remaining to read something other than "0" or "1" i.e. "Sidewinder" or "Maverick"?

7. can there be an action menu item that turns off the mando HUD so that when i've launched all missiles and go to using gun and rockets, the HUD doesn't interfere with targeting as is does now?

1 - No, but you may create yours. Consider the present attackers as pure examples or templates. The idea is that mission makers create their own ones and place them in a different folder within the mission, not inside mando missile folder to avoid overwrites with newer versions. Just copy any of the exiting examples, rename it and play with the parameters to create a TOW system.

2 - From missile lab you get missile parameters, these parameters may be used for:

- MCC systems: some examples are inside mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types folder.

- Automatic attackers, like these in mando_missiles\units\attackers folder.

- HUD based systems, like these in mando_missiles\units\keysets folder.

- With MMA 2.35 beta, also TV systems, like the examples inside mando_missiles\tv\tv_types folder.

3 - These keys work with keyboard keys, if you map the corresponding key to a joy button, it will work.

4 - You can increase the range at will, while for playability reason it is not recommended to have missiles with 10km range and HARMs with 20km range. Then, onviously, the game would be over for all the SAM forces.

5 - This is correct for HUD based system with MMA 2.3, but not for MMA 2.35Beta where you can play with any range also for hud based systems. Get MMA 2.35B teaser for the last attachment of the very first post there. Anyway, MCC is there for long and very long range engagements.

6 - No because of the space (hud size).

7 - Yes, with MMA 2.35B, you may use it in the teaser demo. You can turn on/off the hud at any time.

Thanks for your help. These are great scripts.

2. I still don't understand what to do with the line at the bottom of the missile lab. It looks like something you'd copy/paste somewhere, but I'm looking at the keyset scripts and don't see anything like it anywhere. I'm as confused as a baby in a titty bar.

3. Joystick doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I'm using a logitech Attack 3.

That line at the botton is the arguments for a mando_missile.sqf execution, that is, a missile launch.

Hi there, sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm just getting into ArmA with ACE, and I have a question about Mando's missile.

I really like the flare feature of this mod, and I made a custom mission to see the flares in action for my self. Here are my observations:

1. When I set AI as the aircraft and I shoot IR missiles at them, they successfully deploy flares and most of my shots miss.

2. When I set AI as pilot and I fly as gunner, getting AI to shoot at me, my pilot deploys flares when we get the missile warning, again, as it should be.

3. However when I fly as pilot, and I press left shift (default key for flare) when I get lock warning, no flare and I go down in a ball of flames!!! I've tried all the aircraft (same aircraft that the AI could deploy flares) but no flares!!! Also, the Mandos keys, lock, shoot, flare, none seem to work regardless of what I bind to.

Can anyone help me? Everything else seems working fine, ordinance, the MMA, missile warning etc.

Try changing the key for flares (use the menu action to redefine the keys).

Hi Mandoble, I have tried it, binding it to a variety of keys, but to no avail. Is is mean to deploy flares automatically or is it manual? Am I simply toggling it on and off by keypress?

And also am I meant to be able to deploy flares even if I am not locked by a missile?

Manual, and you can deploy flares at any time pressing L. Shift. Each time you press the key, a pack of flares is deployed (of course as long as you have flares onboard, check the counter on the hud top/right corner).

Might be the mission you are testing is intercepting this key for other purposes? Have you tried this with the demo missions included in the pack?

It's a custom mission I made. No I haven't got the demo as this is a part of ACE.

I'll download and give it a go when I get home.

Edited by EFcrazy