Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

New 3rd person camera view

I like to switch it up and use all the views. So please, if it ain't causing you undue hardship release the view from the picture you posted above. That's a great view as well. Thanks for bringing more flavor to the game. I appreciate your work.

yes the picture above is nice just hope the unit is in the middle of the screen, instead of the far left wink_o.gif

@ 1in1class that view ^^^^^ up is dead CENTER!! if i come more further out then you might as well use the default bis view cos it will be just the same.

@ 1in1class that view ^^^^^ up is dead CENTER!! if i come more further out then you might as well use the default bis view cos it will be just the same.

ok cool love it biggrin_o.gif thx you so much cant wait till its release. By dead center you mean the unit is in the center of the screen not the far left right?

Ok ppl how do you like this view!?

centerandnotsocloseul3.jpg

Just wondering how its comeing along with the new 3rd person view, cant wait till the release biggrin_o.gif

can you make the close view to the right hand side of the screen? I am a right hander, it would feel better to have it on the right side,

One more bug i found is that when you raise the gun up to point at the sky, the hand is zigzagged

Alright, I figured out how to make the view like 0.4 [see the top of Page 6].

So here's a quick rundown on how to do it:

1. Download Kegetys' ArmA Tools here: http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

2. Extract at least cpbo somewhere and run it once and click yes when prompted.

3. Go to the folder where you extracted NewView 0.6 to, open the dta folder there and right click the bin.pbo and click Extract. You can now either delete the bin.pbo or back it up somewhere.

4. There should now be a folder called bin there. Open that and find the file CfgVehicles.hpp. Right click it and choose Open With and then use WordPad to view it.

5. Press Ctrl-F to search for 'class Man : Land' without quotes, and scroll down a little to 'extCameraPosition' and change the values in the brackets to 0.25, 0.65, -1.0

6. Save the file and close.

7. Right click the bin folder and choose create PBO. You should have a new bin.pbo there now and can delete the bin folder there.

And that should be it. It seems to be working for me, so far, but I take no responsibility if it doesn't work flawlessly for anyone else. At least this can hold me over until hedcrusha releases a real new version. smile_o.gif

Thanks fohtee, for me the 0.4 version was the best. I will try it.

is 0.4 suppoesd to work with 1.08? b/c i couldnt run it, it gives me a shader error at startup.

if not, any plans to make it work for 1.08?

thnx

NVM: i realize that 1.06 works for 1.08, it would be helpful maybe u edit ur first post smile_o.gif

but i have a weird prob, i dont have a xhair in 3rd person using urs, but when i sprint it shows the xhair

I wonder how hard it would be to combine this mod with TrueView. I love what that mod does to 1st person, and I love what this mod does to 3rd person. Augh, I'm so torn. smile_o.gif

how come i dont have a crosshair when in third person? but its weird, b/c when i sprint i get it,when i stop, its gone

fuc847,

You should have a small dot instead of the default crosshair. If you have that small dot and would like to have the default crosshair back, go to the main Arma directory and open up the NewView_v0.6 mod folder you put there per the installation instructions in the Readme file. After that mod folder is open there will be a Dta folder and an AddOns folder. If you remove that AddOns folder(delete it, etc.) or remove the crosshair.pbo inside the AddOns folder, the default crosshair should be back next time you play and hed's "new view" will be intact. There are other ways to do it but this is the first way that came to mind.

Now, if you do not have the small dot right now, there is a few different reasons no crosshair appears. First try what I wrote above and if you do not get the default crosshair back let me know.

thnx, after deleting teh crosshair.pbo, i get the default xhair back, the double upside down "L"'s.

but i never got that dot xhair before

For the love of god update the first post so that you don't have to search for a version that works on all these pages.

And btw, the folder structure in the zip file is wrong. Fix it.

Cheers.

Whats wrong with the file structure? I've used every update but never had a problem. Am I missing something

Currently, the zip holds two folders, addons and dta when should be like NewView_X/dta + addons. That way they would get extracted properly IF you extract it to your ArmA folder as the readme says.

It's just too much hassle to manually move everything.

Ok made a pack with all view modes in it. Pick and choose what you want. Updated 1st post with screenies and download to the pack.

Enjoy.

That's to much of a hassle? Wow, I'm speechless.

Hedcrusha,

I love it.... View 3 is a masterpiece. Thanks for the work again. You are a valuable asset to the ArmA community.

I like more view 1. Good work Hedcrusha, and thanks again wink_o.gif

Hey just added a health bar to the newview pack making this pack 2.0. Updated 1st post also.

The "newview" and the "healthbar" on your first post will be awsum! for my next mission AGS2 xmas_o.gif .

thank's again for ur addons have a look AGR

-----------------------------------------------------------

ARMA GEAR SOLID

Hi, will you update your NewView mod pack for Arma 1.14 ?

Hi, will you update your NewView mod pack for Arma 1.14 ?

I'm not sure it needs to be. I've been using this AddOns since it was released last July and I've never noticed any troubles. Maybe I've just missed any conflicts caused by the last few patches.

Also, I may be mistaken but I believe there is a "newer" version than this that was released a few days later. If I remember correctly, the "most recent" release went un-noticed when it was released. I think that's because it wasn't posted in this forum area.

I'll take a look and see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Here it is:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....dcrusha

This is a better/newer version. It has seperate .pbo's for the tweaked 3rd person view, health bar and dot cross-hair. All 3 belong in an AddOns folder, instead of the bin/Dta combo. You can use all 3, or each .pbo on it's own.

As far as I know, this works pretty much as it has since it was released last July. (During the good ol' v1.05/v1.08 days, if i'm not mistaken.) Again, maybe I just haven't noticed if the view doesn't work. But I know for sure that the health bar and dot cross-hair still work. Except for the Dot CH if you use the SLX Mod.