Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

New 3rd person camera view

Ok i have made a new version of my pack containing all the views i have made and all are compatable with 1.08 and also contains a healthbar. So you can pick and choose what view you want with a health bar and a new crosshair.

arma2007070717544639wl8.jpg

arma2007070717545870xa0.jpg

arma2007070718554379lu6.jpg

All come with the dot crosshair.

Any more ideas or additions to add to the pack let me know.

Enjoy.

Without health bar.

http://rapidshare.com/files/40982770/NewViewPack_1.0.rar.html

ftp://www.armedassault.info/armad/addons/NewViewPack_1.0.rar

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1578

With health bar.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41586202/NewViewPack_2.0.rar.html

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1578

Thanks for the reply this is my first mod for arma and liking it! I dont know how to make a pbo work as ive just tried. So if anyone knows how to make a pbo work with my settings let me know and ill upload instead of just upoloading the file out of the config.bin file. Thanks for your interest.

Try eliteness to pack a pbo... search in the frums for it or in google... you will fidn it... Then just create a folder or use the folder the bin is in and pack it into the pbo... the name must be the same like the original pbo in arma...

Thanks Sled88! Ive tried as a new pbo in a dir but no avail. the only way i can get it to work is if i replace the orig pbo file!! But i want to do it so that ppl dont have to overight anything.

you need to create a new folder (lets call it animation, the folder i mean wink_o.gif ) in your arma main-directory... in this folder you create a new folder named dta in this dta folder you copy the new pbo file... then create a link to your arma.exe on your desktop and open the properties... then add to the targetline: -mod=animation

Ahh Got ya! i was putting addons in the dir instead of dta! Im not at home at the min so will try when i get back from work tomoz. Thanks for the help Sled88.

I will upload tommorrow and you all can check it out and see what you think!

Not to berate your work, but I don't understand the point of this mod.

The only reason I use 3rd person view is when I need improved situational awareness or when in a vehicle for a better, more mobile field of view.

What you've done is change the 3rd person view to something which cuts the field of view down, to something pretty much identical to 1st person perspective, so other than just the "z0mg!1! It lukZ liek gEers Of War!1one!1" factor, I don't see how this could be considered an improvement.

Just my 2 euro cents worth

Some people like to play in 3rd person RESIDENT EVIL 4 STYLE (GoW angle was actually inspired by RE4, ask Cliffy B.), dude. No need to get all technical up in here biggrin_o.gif

btw I am really really excited... tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Not to berate your work, but I don't understand the point of this mod.

The only reason I use 3rd person view is when I need improved situational awareness or when in a vehicle for a better, more mobile field of view.

What you've done is change the 3rd person view to something which cuts the field of view down, to something pretty much identical to 1st person perspective, so other than just the "z0mg!1! It lukZ liek gEers Of War!1one!1" factor, I don't see how this could be considered an improvement.

Just my 2 euro cents worth

Theres no need to understand the point of this mod. You don't like it? Don't use it.

Choice. Its a wonderful thing.

Quote[/b] ]Just my 2 euro cents worth

Freedom of speech. Discussion forums, wonderful things

Ok update 1st post. You can download using rapidshare at the momoent untill i get it hosted on other sites.

Thanks again for the interest.

3rd person is always on OFF for milsim gamers wink_o.gif

I consider myself a milsim gamer (with my close group of online friends, we have chains of command and ALWAYS stay in character)... but sometimes I don't want to have to stay in the same perspective. Different strokes.

I've uploaded a video demonstration of this little mod here. Check it out to see it in-game with a U.S. infantry soldier, a blackop, and to see if it affects the vehicle view. I apologize for the quality, you can only do so much with Windows Movie Maker and the Youtube quality compression.

3rd person is always on OFF for milsim gamers wink_o.gif

...but I like 3rd person view....... sniff

Check my post right above Puma's... I added a video of it.

Nice job, I must prefer it to the default view. Makes it more like an action game, plus you can use 3rd person without having to worry about cheating as it is much harder to e.g. see over fences with the new view.

EXACTLY what I'm thinking. You can't really use it to peak around corners or over obstacles anymore... so in a way, it's even more realistic than the normal 3rd person.

very nice indeed. would make the gameplay more hectic. I'll definatly give this a try.

Nice one Karazy good video! Just wondering if its possible to make the camera move as you peak like in 1st person view? Not sure if it possible!

I would assume the camera in 3rd person is fixed to the back, as opposed to the face like 1st person, and as the back doesn't move in 3rd person when you lean, the camera wont either. So probably you can only get it to lean if you are able to fix it to the same verticy (?) as the 1st person camera.