Sign in to follow this  
Bram

Avionics and Advanced Flight Modelling

I don't have the first clue about mods and addons so I don't know if this is possible but I would love it if someone could make something with Avionics and FM similar to the A10 or the Su-25t in Lock-on for Armed Assault. Is this do-able in Arma?

I don't want to go off and say no but I doubt it very much. You certainly aren't going to be tweaking the flight model at all, only the physical properties of the aircraft. There's no IR, only the ir/radar locking system, I don't know if there's support to render to texture to make a mfd. Simulating the behaviour of weapons seems to be pretty tough, the vikhr at this point doesn't spiral enough and doesn't seem to be accurate enough. Particularly tough from my experience *playing* with mods seem to be top down attack missiles, or missiles that don't go straight to their target. There may be a way to script a ballistics computer but I haven't seen it yet. The instrumentation cluster of aircraft does not seem like it supports true instruments, especially not the more advanced ones like those involved with gyroscopic navigation.

Saying 'like in lomac' is asking too much, imo. There may be more realistic ways of doing things but lomac is a pie in the sky.