Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BMD-1 Released!

verry NICE thumbs-up.gif i read somwhere the russians & the Germans are the only ones that have full capacity Airborne light Armored Divisions/Battalions??? not sure ture?

I understand this update is an effect of using the new TexView2??

Can we see some pics please?

Some of us won't get the chance of trying it for several hours before getting home from work wink_o.gif and I am very anxious to see what's possible now with normalmapping wink_o.gif

It looks nice with the new maps, I think you may need to invert the y-axis on the normal maps though. The gratings on the rear engine deck appear to have normal maps such that the holes in the grating stick out rather than in to the hull.

The road-wheels also appear to have the normal map for the entire vehicle applied to them so you can see:

NoM.jpg

Looks a little odd.

Looks nice, the only gripe I have is that the old paint scheme should have been included as well. Reckon you could whack this in for 3.5?

It looks nice with the new maps, I think you may need to invert the y-axis on the normal maps though. The gratings on the rear engine deck appear to have normal maps such that the holes in the grating stick out rather than in to the hull.

The road-wheels also appear to have the normal map for the entire vehicle applied to them so you can see:

NoM.jpg

Looks a little odd.

Yeah I managed to get individual normal maps for each thing but I think I reached a limit with how many maps a vehicle can have as I couldn't get a few to work at all.

And I may include the old green colour scheme, I originally removed it because the normal and specular maps in 3.0 looked really odd on it but I think thats been fixed.

Awsome BMD-1!!!

And what about NONA??? yay.gif

Its sort of on hiatus but it is almost done.

Nice to see some new AFV's however....

I think you need to tweak it's size somewhat.. Yeah.. I know that its kinda smallish in real life but..

Its almost lower than a HMMWV currently and its not that in life, not found any really reliable figures tho.. FAS list 2.15 as total height and have a picture with a human silhouette (They must have used Alexander Karelin as model for the silhouette) even tho I did find a figure on 1.62 on some russian site.. dunno what they measured..

But what i've seen so should the chassi be about the same hight and about 1/3 wider and 1.5m longer than a Hummer.. The turret is the same as on a BMP-1 so that could help some to..

It's suspension squats so that can explain why the figures vary so much.. and apparently early versions had a nasty tendency to catch fire after getting hit as they were made out of magnesium alloy

I think you need to tweak it's size somewhat.. Yeah.. I know that its kinda smallish in real life but..

Its almost lower than a HMMWV currently and its not that in life, not found any really reliable figures tho.. FAS list 2.15 as total height and have a picture with a human silhouette (They must have used Alexander Karelin as model for the silhouette) even tho I did find a figure on 1.62 on some russian site.. dunno what they measured..

But what i've seen so should the chassi be about the same hight and about 1/3 wider and 1.5m longer than a Hummer.. The turret is the same as on a BMP-1 so that could help some to..

It's suspension squats so that can explain why the figures vary so much.. and apparently early versions had a nasty tendency to catch fire after getting hit as they were made out of magnesium alloy

Yeah I have got much info about from that it was tiny, but I've seen a few photos of it and movies next to people and I think the scale is alright. Again its hard to tell as theres no photos of it right next to a vehicle already in ArmA.

Any plans to do a sweet BMP-1. Vilas made a nice one but the turnout functions don't work and you have to have all 4000 of his addons to run out. Your textures are incredible btw. It's funny but I actually use your new camo job as a RACS vehicle because the patterns is so similar to their other vehicles. Please do re-release the Green one if you ever get around to it. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Dalai Lamar

PS: No disrespect to you VILAS I love that addon pack I just wish I did not have to have everything at once.

Any plans to do a sweet BMP-1. Vilas made a nice one but the turnout functions don't work and you have to have all 4000 of his addons to run out. Your textures are incredible btw. It's funny but I actually use your new camo job as a RACS vehicle because the patterns is so similar to their other vehicles. Please do re-release the Green one if you ever get around to it. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Dalai Lamar

PS: No disrespect to you VILAS I love that addon pack I just wish I did not have to have everything at once.

Yeah and green and camo patterns will be coming in the next release, same deal for the BMD-2 I am adding.

awsome work mate, i love ur BMD1 but what about ur NONA

and looking fW for ur BMD 2

regards great job

Most of my ArmA work is on hold right now but hopefully I'll get some energy to finish them up again.

Just a small update I've put off for far too long, now with a proper shadow and self shadows. smile_o.gif Version with both skins coming when I get around to it.

http://download.yousendit.com/30A10C3D1E87A7FC

do you have working tracks on it? i mean, if you test at example the BMP from BIS, his tracks are not going under ground, i mean they dont go trough the ground if you drive to a hill, and from the addon makers their tank tracks do that, they go trough the ground, they got no dampers. do you know how to do them? cause exactly this modelcfg for tanks is missed, i think BIS has forget it.

Sentry

I think you need to tweak it's size somewhat..  Yeah.. I know that its kinda smallish in real life but..

But what i've seen so should the chassi be about the same hight and about 1/3 wider and  1.5m longer than a Hummer.. The turret is the same as on a BMP-1 so that could help some to..

Yeah I have got much info about from that it was tiny, but I've seen a few photos of it and movies next to people and I think the scale is alright. Again its hard to tell as theres no photos of it right next to a vehicle already in ArmA.

Vehicle roof is about chin height for an averaged size person.

According to Janes Tank Recognition Guide:

Length: 5.4m

Width: 2.63m

Height: 1.62m to 1.97m

Ground Clearance: .01 to .45m

Don't know if it would make things easier, but you could do a NONA-SVK (2S23). It uses the wheeled BTR-80 chasis instead of tracks.

BMD-1 Looks great!  Thanks for the effort!

Quote[/b] ]The BMD, however, also has two additional 7.62-mm machine guns, one mounted in each of the front bow corners

FAS.org link

Is those bowguns gonna be made?

pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]The BMD, however, also has two additional 7.62-mm machine guns, one mounted in each of the front bow corners

FAS.org link

Is those bowguns gonna be made?

pistols.gif

I tried but didn't have much luck.

The vehicle does not have working dampers sadly because I have no idea how to set them up.

Nice BMD! yay.gif Looks real good! Any chance of a BMD-2? The 30mm cannon is more useful than the BMD-1's 73mm...