Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BMD-1 Released!

My port of the BMD-1 originally done for OFP by IMUC is finished. For more information and credits please read the included readme.

mechbmd1pr8.th.png

UPDATE

Version 3.1 released!

Download

Download

newbmdsj4.th.jpg

Sorry if the singleplayer mission (attack arcadia) seems a little basic. I made it in like 15 minutes running on 24 hours without sleep.

This thing just doesn't look out of place around any of the units. It's absolutely lovely.

Fast as heck too.

yeah for first addon with working tracks and with nice mapping, soon the community got "everything" understood without the tools wink_o.gif

Sweet to see this released, cant wait to come home and try it out.

Especially i like the SLA look on it, fits very well with the rest.

Is the old cammo variant shown also included?

I know it was Iraqi but it did fit Sahranis South very well.

Great!!!

Now let's just hope the makers of Hind are able to complete their project and we have SLA on the move!

smile_o.gif

Sweet to see this released, cant wait to come home and try it out.

Especially i like the SLA look on it, fits very well with the rest.

Is the old cammo variant shown also included?

I know it was Iraqi but it did fit Sahranis South very well.

Dont have the old camo, Plan to include both versions in an update.

Great!!!

Now let's just hope the makers of Hind are able to complete their project and we have SLA on the move!

smile_o.gif

There were some pics from GranQ which showed the RHS Mi-24 in ArmA. So chances are quite high I assume wink_o.gif

Thx to MechaStalin and his team for the release of the first tracked tank addon. Can´t wait to try this out smile_o.gif

soon the community got "everything" understood without the tools wink_o.gif

Now the only thing we still need is islands wink_o.gif

Great work to everyone involved in this smile_o.gif

The Hinds already fly around over Sahrani only some fixes to do and maybe add 1-2 lil things but mostly its tweaking.

Also i may add that i didnt find the old textures fitting for ArmA so i spend a few hours to edit all of them.

Think now they are as i already wanted them in OFP.

Sorry for being bit offtopic wow_o.gif

ShadowNX,

great news! If you don´t mind you could perhaps start a discussion thread about it? I think there are a lot of people very interested in this including me wink_o.gif

Sorry for OT.

since both me and mecha also got our hands down with the mi24, and its "airborne" as the bmd1 i dont think its so off-topic.

What the mi24 really need is all three of us sit down and discuss what to do before release..too bad that seems impossible due to timezones =)

So Hind is undergoing trials wink_o.gif

Does the Hind behave as good under AI control as AH-64 and Cobra? Engaging targets should be easier for Hind than for Kamov or MI-17 w. rockets.

nice bmd 1 vehicle! smile_o.gif pretty nice that you made interior textures like in ofp inside it. smile_o.gif i was really suprised how fast it was.

Looks good MechaStalin!  I think I will download this when I get home from work.  This will turn out to be the first addon that I will get around to downloading since I have purchased ArmA.

yeah for first addon with working tracks and with nice mapping, soon the community got "everything" understood without the tools wink_o.gif

you mean JUST like it was for OFP? :P

ppl figured out most things without help from BIS....

exept, then we got o2 ofcourse...

just tested it and it´s really awesome, congrats smile_o.gif

Two minor things I noticed:

When the missile is fired it still shows up on the tank. Perhaps there is a way to remove the rocket until it is reloaded?

The other thing is that there is no wreck model, so if it is destroyed it looks fresh after burning.

Possibility to fix this in a future version? smile_o.gif

Awesome Vehicle! Any chance we get a dropable Version of it that begins with parachutes?

And in one of the sp Missions it behaves kind of strange.. just drives a meter forward and rotates at the spot for ever...

And in the MP Coop i cannot chose the BMD Crew oO

Oh and i get some Texture Errors at some parts of the tracks, they glow at night. Maybe i will add a screen later.

Edit: bmd1ks4.th.jpg

Outstanding work guys. I really like this addon!

One thing I noticed though is that although it can be destroyed by a m1 sabot or m136 rocket it seems to be very resilient to ffars fired from choppers when compared to other armoured vehicles. Not sure if this should be like this or not.

Anyway great job!

Outstanding work guys. I really like this addon!

One thing I noticed though is that although it can be destroyed by a m1 sabot or m136 rocket it seems to be very resilient to ffars fired from choppers when compared to other armoured vehicles. Not sure if this should be like this or not.

Anyway great job!

Yeah, I'm currently looking into this. I'll try and have it fixed by version 2.

Quote[/b] ]Awesome Vehicle! Any chance we get a dropable Version of it that begins with parachutes?

And in one of the sp Missions it behaves kind of strange.. just drives a meter forward and rotates at the spot for ever...

And in the MP Coop i cannot chose the BMD Crew oO

Oh and i get some Texture Errors at some parts of the tracks, they glow at night. Maybe i will add a screen later.

Edit: bmd1ks4.th.jpg

I'll take a look into the missions, they were finished quite hastily.

you HACKERS!!! you hacked the game code and broke original gameplay by making this thingy operational!

lol, really nice work guys, this baby and btr-80 are The first addons for my ArmA smile_o.gif

both are amazing, but tiny BMD is da best.

yeah, there are some bugs... like that rottation in place after doing one 'waypoint'

besides you should add VDV emblem on the nose of it

what's up with the tracks actually?

seems the alpha map does not work right in ArmA, and the texture looks compressed compared to the one i made... @mechastalin: did you use the wrong texture provided in the imuc_data.pbo maybe? no problems with the anims speed of the tracks with this texture applied?

@vulture2k1 - this texture bug stems from the fact that i forgot to map the axes, simple as that nener.gifwink_o.gif

that rotating-on-spot bug is most likely caused by the axis in the mem lod for the main gun recoil. in case the gun recoil script is not used in this ArmA addon, mechastalin could as well remove the rotation axis.

in other respects i'm very impressed by the looks of it in ArmA... and glad the addon is of any use at all now that virtually everyone stopped playing ofp wink_o.gif