Sign in to follow this  
cpl_BOB

WHO has actually been in the army here?

just wondering, i see people claiming to have fired these weapons, (m16's m4's you name it)

some kid says he fired the sa80 in the british armed forces, but i know he couldnt have because he was 15, which means he was 2 years to young..

I would like to know how many people here actually serve in an the ARMED forces. (and not the bloody TA)

Cadet forces use the L98 (SA80GP) which is a semi-auto version of the original L85. So its some fool stretching the truth.

(I'd say most of the "I've been in the army SO I KNOW WHAT IM ON ABOUT" is people in the TA or equivelents trying to get one up on well researched arguments without having to think)

I've been in army. Just like pretty much every finnish guy over 18 years old. Used various weapons, but mainly Sako RK-62 assault rifle.

LOL you a cadet then,, have you progressed to main INFANTRY TRAINING?

im 17 and i am a new recruit at KETERING TRAINING GROUNDS.

next week i start my riflemans qualifications.

i will be suing the M4 rifle and the SA80 (i cant remeber the full designation!)

ANYBODY else?confused.gif?

plus the TA is for pussy's,

if they want to argue about how they serve their country then they should join the army like i did, then AND only then will i respect them!!!!!!

I am going to the army in less than 6 months!!!

G3 rifles for us. I just holded the gun when the school took us to a training center for recruits. We holded the G3 but they didn't allowed us to fire with it sad.gif

Well l saw some PK's l think there but only think they showed us was the G3. One question is the G3 a Russain made weapon?

Guest Scooby

Not cadet. About every Finnish male who turns 18 goes into army around that age or at next couple of years because of national service we have in Finland.

You have three options to choose from. Military service, civil service and last but not least, prison.

HEY DOdGe do you live in britain then?

ps i feel sorry for the finnish guys who have to serve in the army      LOL

ever since i joined i havent been able to go home for 3 months now, so i cant play ofp anymore .

all i am allowed in my barracks is a games console and a TV,

plus vacation is only 6 weeks a year

The G3 (or G3A3 or AG-3 as we call it over here) is German and made by Heckler&Koch. Tho the ones we got over here is made by Kongsberg Weapon factory (on license from H&K) and are the best made of the G-3's.

I served my year in the air-force.

080 Corporal Gundersen at your service.

I've used the M72 (law), a Browning .50 on tripod, an MG-3, a Glock 17 and a MP5 (A3) -I think.

And ofcourse my personal weapon; the AG-3

I did'nt crawl that much in the mud, as my job was Air/Ground equipment for the P3-C Orions at Andřya Airbase.

I mainly sat in my tractor towing Orions in and out of hangars biggrin.gif and maintaining the power-generators.

Kinda cool when I sat in that tractor knowing that if something went wrong...well the Orions only costs a billion norwegian 'kroner' wink.gif

Yep. I too served in the Finnish military. Got trained as a group leader and sniper. It was nice time, got to shoot with various weapons, RK62 assault rifle, Valmet85 sniper rifle, Dragunov, 12,7AAMG, LAW (a live one, not the practise rocket), grenades and KVKK (light machine gun).

Then we had training where we used explosives and saw the using of AT missiles, mortars, mines etc.

After basic trainig I've served as Loader in an Leopard II Tank, some time later I ended as radio operator in an armoured recon platoon (Panzeraufklärer).

Weapons I've fired in real live:

HK G-3, MP-2 (UZI), P-38, MG-3 (thousands of rounds)

PzFst-1 (light AT weapon) ,98K (WWII rifle)

and lots of hand Grenades and Explosives (TNT 500g)

So, being in the Reserves makes me a pussy? Geez.... you Reg force guys are all the same!, lol biggrin.gif

Well "Cpl" Bob, since your only 17, have you even been in the TA? If it is anything like the Canadian Army Reserves, it is definately NOT for "pussies", I sure don't know of any in my unit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if they want to argue about how they serve their country then they should join the army like i did, then AND only then will i respect them!!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Like I give a flying f*ck what you think. How much time have do you have in anyway? it can't be much since your only a 17 year old. Personally, I have too many km's under my boots to give a crap about what your untrained mind thinks. I am planning to get an education before I join the regular infantry. Most likely PPCLI.

*rant mode off*

Okay, my personal weapon is a C7A1. I also use the C9A1 LMG. I finished my basic M.gunners course back in June. We use a C6 (FN MAG) as our GPMG. I have used it in the light role many times and in the SF (sustained fire) role. I have also used a M-67 frag grenade and an M-72 SRAAW-L (only the practice rounds, money is short in the Canadian Forces for the real stuff)

C7A1_C9A1.jpg

The rifle is a C7A1 the LMG is the C9A1.

fnmag58.jpg

This is a C6 displayed in the light role. A VERY reliable weapon.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beagle @ Feb. 10 2002,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Weapons I've fired in real live:

HK G-3, MP-2 (UZI), P-38, MG-3 (thousands of rounds)<span id='postcolor'>

Me too. It's hard enough to not fire thousands of rounds with the MG-3 biggrin.gif

I remember one day I spent 2000 rounds. My shoulder was so stiff and sore the day after hehe.

The funny thing was that after firing the MG-3 we went over to a different range to shoot some rounds off with the G-3 and I could allmost not feel any recoil at all hehe

-Wonder why the M60(10-12 rnds/sec) got so low ROF compared to the MG-3 (18-22 rnds/sec)

X-US Army here

Hi all,

OK, I'm not going to get into the flame war. Saw enough, and dealt with enough sh*t during my time in.

I have fired the M-16 in real life. Anyone who has fired an M-16, not heard one, but fired one. This is the exact sound it makes in the game. Also listen to the fact the sound is different when a team mate next to you fires his M-16. When your ear is right next to the stock where the re-coil spring is. That's why it sounds funny.

I consider this a combat SIM not a first person shooter. The only thing... lacking and I say that lightly is visual distortion and depth degrades way too fast. It is not that hard on a cloudy day to put a round in the body of a stationary target at 300 meters with a M-16. It is hard but not that hard to put a round through the head of a stationary human target at 300m. The farthest I have ever successfully put a round in a stationary target with iron sights, in this game, was 225m and I had to use the binoculars, then not move the rectical etc.

I have fired the M-60 a lot also, over 50,000 rounds at the very least from all the ranges I have been to. We always ended up with way to much ammo and I was always one of the ones who volunteered to shoot it all up. Your shoulder get a little sore after a while. Any, US Army grunt who has been an LMG gunner know this saying "I killed a family of six". You scream that while you pull the trigger on your M-60 to keep you rounds between 6 and 9 a burst. I sounds sick and demented and out don't forget it. The M-60 qualifications require you to shoot a target at 800 meters to qualify expert. I have always qualified expert. You can't even see the target on anything but a perfectly clear day at 800 meters. You have a spotter [has "binos" binoculars] when you qualify that tells you where your rounds are etc. so you can walk them into the target.

The M203 and other grenade launchers in this game suck. I scored expert with an M203 also. You get an aiming recticle that you mount on the side of your weapon. I can put a 40mm grenade through a .5 by .5 meter window at 200m every time with that aiming recticle. Up to 350m the sight is very acurate to a 2m spread max not counding wind drift.

I was never a sniper noir ever fired a sniper rifle in the Army. I have hunted before with a scoped weapon and my grandfater an X-sniper WWII. [They didn't really have snipers in the US Army back then, but some soldiers started getting issues scoped rifles and training due to the snipers in the German army.] Taught me how to fire a scoped weapon. I don't like the way they use the scope in this game. I was taught to line up with both eyes open, one through the scope and the other normal vision. Then once the target is in the scope you partially close your non scope eye focus on the target through the scope and pull the trigger. This allows you to stay aware of you suroundings and follow your target should it move. [The Delta Force game series does this]. It is too easy to loose your target in this game with the sniper rifles, especially the Russian rifle.

Over all this game rocks and the editor is one of the best realeased 3D editors that has come with a game ever.

Callsign: Cowboy

gday all,

I served in Royal Australian Navy as a "stoker"...(engineer)

upon DDG`s (HMAS Perth,Hobart) ....salutes PERTH....the old girl, theyve sunk her now as a dive wreck of WA.....snif..

Part of my duty on board the PERTH, other than regular stoker duties, was what they call "boarding party" whereas 12 men (1 officer(gunnery) 1 chief (gunnery) 4 petty officers(gunneryx2 engineerx1 elecx1) 2 leading seamen (gunnery)

4 Ables/Seamen (2 gunnery 1elec 1 engineer) would embark on foreign vessels (illegal fishermen, pirates, suspicious activities, rescue) or secure hostile berths(piers, wharfs etc).

Could get hairy sometimes with baddass looking asians in cable ties sitting on the focsale(front of ship/boat)eying you off....hehe you could read their minds/eyes of what they wanted to do with you.

We carried F1 machine guns (shit 9mm rounds in the curved magazine) but good for close quarters such as a crappy ol fishing boats. You can actually see them when u fire, same as a 9mm pistol.

Have fired though in my military training : .50 cal

(a ripper biggrin.gif ) , S.L.R (7.62) - used to be standard training rifle not sure what they use now, F1, 9mm browning,

cheers

mick

No l am from Cyprus. We use em here, too. Anyway in Cyprus after the invasion of the 1974 by the Turks you have to join the army for 26 months or go to jail tounge.gif

Anyway l shall be in infantry here, too. I might choose something else. War might brake any day since our side(Greek-Cypriot) and the Turkish-Cypriot sides buy new weapons all the time. Our army is consisted of Russian weapons T-80U, Mi-24,28, bp3 and other Russian or European made weapons. Turksish side has M60 tanks, M113 and all their weapons are US made.

So if there is a war l shall be in something like OF lol tounge.gif

One question. What is better an M-60 or a T-80U?

Also how does the T-80 compete with the M1A1/2 class of tanks?

Did my military duty in the Swedish army as a truck driver. Had a 12.000Kg, 155mm haubits back of the truck. And yes I fired it once. So I have fired the BIGGEST gun biggrin.gif so far.

We had AK5 as standard equipment, it sucked. Felt like shooting with a soft air gun. But it was really fun, looked like a black man when we had been in the field for one week, because of all the gunpowder the haubits used. Even when we farted it smelled gunpowder. biggrin.gif

french army , 5 years in the 2RG (régiment du génie )

th only things i've fired are : FAMAS and AA t52 mg

i had more often a shovel in the hands than a gun smile.gif

hey dodge where abouts are you from? I lived at the British army base in Dekehlia( spelt wrong I know) for a few years.

I miss cyprus sandwich. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any, US Army grunt who has been an LMG gunner know this saying "I killed a family of six". You scream that while you pull the trigger on your M-60 to keep you rounds between 6 and 9 a burst.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, we use something similar in the Canadian Army. Since we use an FN MAG with a higher ROF, we have to say something faster. We say: "moth-er-f*ck-er" to get about a 5 round burst, say it at normal speed if you want a 3 round burst. Once we get into the SF role, we just count tracers. 4 tracers = roughly 20 rounds.

Tyler

I'm 18 and i'm thinking seriously about joining the army (i live in Spain). Hehe, now the spanish army uses the H&K G36!!!

A question for you, soldiers... How is it like to be a soldier?