Sign in to follow this  
Novusordo

urban patrol script problem

the readme for Urban patorl script only assumes you will use it in singleplayer missions becuase it only links to your central scripts folder.

does anyone know how to get UPS to work with the UPS script file in your mission folder?

i'm asking this becuase I want to make multiplayer missions with UPS.

I tried linking the script like this....

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"/missions/[mission name]/scripts/ups-f.sqf"

.... diden't work.

?? i really don't know what you mean but maybe this helps:

In your mission folder create a Text document and call it "init.sqf"

In the "init.sqf" wrote:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//initalize Urban Patrol Script

x=["init"] execVM "ups-f.sqf";

Do not put the UPS in a subfolder just place it in the root directory of your mission.

yes thats exactly what I needed. thanks you. worked flawlessly!

now I can distribute misisons with UPS script.

Hi there..

Is there a possibilty to set the formation of the groups? Currently all groups are in COLUMN formation and that doesn`t look very professional...

huh.gif

No way... the groups allways in COLUMN formation. The clones of the groups too... confused_o.gif

I don't really force the formation at all in my script, but it seems (going by this discussion) that the combination of move commands and formation specification is a bit tricky (or perhaps even defective).

But I'll look into it and see what I can do...

Update:

As long as you're satisfied with a wedge formation you can use the "NOSLOW" switch when you call the script. That turns off the default behaviour of "SAFE" & "LIMITED". The units will then patrol in wedge formation (and also moving fast). If you want them to move slow, issue a this setSpeedMode "LIMITED" before you call the script.

As far as selecting other formations are concerned, I'm still looking into that.