Sign in to follow this  
Cosmonaut

M16 With Acog.

This thread is basically both a question and a request wink_o.gif . First the question; why is it that so few missions carry the M16 Acog?. For Air Cavalry it would be perfect but instead we get all 3 versions of the G36 and 2 M4's with 203's which are basically the same since the 2.05 patch has remove the full Auto from the M4A1Auto 203, but yet there is still no M16 with a sight mounted for most missions you play online. Yeah ok it is my favorite gun in the game and Air Cav is my favorite online mission but the M16 Acog hardly appears as choice of weapon online for reasons I cant figure out.

Now the request tounge2.gif ; I have played some great coop missions online and I'd just like to say to some of you mission designers please don't forget this little gem of a weapon when choosing the guns that will fill the Ammo crates smile_o.gif .

Doesnt look as good as the A2 does it? I mean the shadders and textures dont look as good as the other rifles confused_o.gif .

I avoid it because of the dispersion, when fired in single mode it seems to have this crazy dispersion and inacuracy, the AKS with PSO and M4 ACOG M203 are the same... they make it very hard to shoot moving targets with.

And its strange to have 2 M4 ACOG M203's, the SF one should be the A1 with an aimdot instead (assault)...

Also the M107 is very slow, i have to lead alot to hit a moving target with it...

Oh and could we have customizable weapons like in America's Army? Not just the ready combinations.

I know this might be difficule because of the way ArmA is built, but hey, it won't hurt to dream.

I would like an m4 with the acog, silencer and no grenade launcher, for example.

The M16/Acog is the best looking gun in the game IMO but you're right about its level of accuracy however thats another reason I like it, its a challenge to use and it works great in coops.

I totally agree with you regarding one M4 203; one should definitely have an Aimpoint but at least there is an M4 with Aimpoint in every map. The M16 Acog hardly ever appears and its a real shame.

Crush.lv, I doubt that this will happen in ArmA as it would most likely need a complete change in the in game selection process. It's great to build your own M4 in Americas Army but you don't have as many weapons as you do in ArmA however both games are fun for different reasons.

Oh and could we have customizable weapons like in America's Army? Not just the ready combinations.

I know this might be difficule because of the way ArmA is built, but hey, it won't hurt to dream.

I would like an m4 with the acog, silencer and no grenade launcher, for example.

We can accomplish this by nifty scripting... Well, Mapfact.net did it for OFP... It is more hacking than really putting parts on your rifle etc, but in the end what matters is that it worked and it was pretty cool to add/remove ur silencer etc. I am unsure now if they had it with the Sights aswell, but this should not be too hard to implement next to it.

I think that there are few missions with the M16a4 with the acog because it is new to the game!

In my opinion the maps shouldn't have every weapon in them, and even less the best ones like the SAW, G36, ultra-zoom M4 & co. Meaningful combos are the best because effort and focus are greater when your options are limited.

The above weapons are much better as trophies, found in only one farther away ammo box or one of the enemies on a patrol or destination waypoint.

The M16/Acog is the best looking gun in the game IMO but you're right about its level of accuracy however thats another reason I like it, its a challenge to use and it works great in coops.

I totally agree with you regarding one M4 203; one should definitely have an Aimpoint but at least there is an M4 with Aimpoint in every map. The M16 Acog hardly ever appears and its a real shame.

Crush.lv, I doubt that this will happen in ArmA as it would most likely  need a complete change in the in game selection process. It's great to build your own M4 in Americas Army but you don't have as many weapons as you do in ArmA however both games are fun for different reasons.

The ACOG M16A4 is great for non-urban fights, but the way to improve accuracy is do what I do, just make a map with nobody with weapons, and setup your targets (live ones are better, so you can understand weapons effects, and I can usually get a one shot, one kill most of the time) so that you can practice offline, in whatever place you feel like.  I've gone from close quarters shooting with Aimpoint to long range, and I'm getting fairly accurate as well, it's only too easy with an ACOG, but it's okay for an ad hoc sniper rifle, but a good squad marksman weapon anyways.

And I agree with Celery.  If you give them ACOGs or SPRs (why is it issued to line troops?) then accuracy isn't a concern, even with crosshairs off, but that's a squad issue as well.

Aimpoint is my favorite in Americas Army but in ArmA I do like the Acog .. I guess its just the way the two games play out online and I do find long range shots far more difficult with an Aimpoint in ArmA than I do in AA. Not so much the targeting but just spotting the enemy.