Sign in to follow this  
JDShots

Berzerk Map Pack

awesome maps! notworthy.gif

could somebody help us with the weapon/spawnpoint scripts included in those maps? we are unable to uncompress the maps and copy the scripts.  confused_o.gif

we don't want to steal them, we actually just want to implement them into our training maps, meaning that only our squad members have access to those training maps.

the "choose your weapon loadout and spawnpoint" feature is awesome and would help us alot for our training purposes.  thumbs-up.gif

awesome maps! notworthy.gif

could somebody help us with the weapon/spawnpoint scripts included in those maps? we are unable to uncompress the maps and copy the scripts. confused_o.gif

we don't want to steal them, we actually just want to implement them into our training maps, meaning that only our squad members have access to those training maps.

the "choose your weapon loadout and spawnpoint" feature is awesome and would help us alot for our training purposes. thumbs-up.gif

lol i tried to find the marker script to dispay the players names, but its very complex.

lol i tried to find the marker script to dispay the players names, but its very complex.

so you are able to open the maps and read the scripts? if so, could you send us a copy of it?

I owuld love these maps with some cpu freindly AI in. Can somebody do that I have tried but i have limited powers. I can put AI on but i would liek it if they spawned and fell back took postions etc.

after playin these for 3 nights in a row, I have to say this is where armed assault is going to shine in multiplayer... It may be a bit bf2 like but its 100 times more fun And 40+ people all going at it is a blast.

Please please make more maps like this so i can put them in rotation, and keep my server full.

also on the bagango mission, one of the helis on the BLUEFOR side is too close to a tree and most people cant figure out how to get it out right...

also i have to cycle thru "f" to be ablke to shoot once i respawn, same to get into the helis after respawn

Yup, this is the direction to follow for future competitive large MP gameplay.

My observations though :

- parachute spawning is a bit buggy. I've played games with nearly half my respawn ending with me dead because I'm released too early from the chute

- when you add parachute to the openness of the map layout, you end up with the possibility to spawncamp ennemies from the safety of your own base. If you're smart enough, you hide yourself from ground threat while having Line of Fire on flying parachute. Why put a respawn if 80% of the respawn there are unusable? I'm not against spwncamping per se (after all C&H maps have other respawn options), but at least spawncamping should require a bit of work to be effective :P

- the fight is still too much chaos, there's no front, because there's no structure, like in BF system.

Apart from that, 100% good maps.

Thats exactly why I never use the parachute option...

for the arcadia version tho its not so bad...

as far as the arcadia mission the bases are too far away from the city, bring those in closer for a faster battle... I seem to loose players when that happens. or mabey the gas station just north (i think thats what it is) could be a sector to control

Is it just me or it opfor always in control?

- the fight is still too much chaos, there's no front, because there's no structure, like in BF system.

do you guys know joint operations from novalogic? the advance and secure mode (short:aas) is the best multiplayer modus i have seen so far. the aas is more organized than the c&h from arma. you have to take one spawnpoint after the other, so there is a certain order in which you have to take them. this way there is a real frontline and both teams fight for this single spawnpoint until one of them manages it to take it. sometimes there were maps with multiple active capture points, so it all depends on the mapmakers. if the berzerk maps would add this aas logic, they would kick even more ass. wink_o.gif

do you guys know joint operations from novalogic? the advance and secure mode (short:aas) is the best multiplayer modus i have seen so far. the aas is more organized than the c&h from arma. you have to take one spawnpoint after the other, so there is a certain order in which you have to take them. this way there is a real frontline and both teams fight for this single spawnpoint until one of them manages it to take it. sometimes there were maps with multiple active capture points, so it all depends on the mapmakers. if the berzerk maps would add this aas logic, they would kick even more ass. wink_o.gif

I'm currently trying to get such thing done, but I'm probably the slower map maker ever, so it takes... loads of time

... the aas is more organized than the c&h from arma. you have to take one spawnpoint after the other, so there is a certain order in which you have to take them. this way there is a real frontline and both teams fight for this single spawnpoint until one of them manages it to take it. ...

In AmrA, this type of gameplay is known as sector control.

Yes but you can take the points in any order.

In order to make a front line you must force the team to take sectors in order. Otherwise its just chaos.

chaos is beautifull in arma tho

i would really like to see some good sector control missions like these tho

the 1.2 versions are really nice... but

sometimes using the "arming" option wont work now in vehicles correctly... mabey it was just a certian misson tho and tbh, I can't remember after 12 hours of arma yesterday (no joke my my server had 50+ people in it for hours on end)

Berzerk made this happen.. THX

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Zaphod will release an update soon, maybe tonight he says. It looks like he has made a lot of changes, including a script that marks mines (red) and satchels (yellow) on the map as you place them. Also, bases are closer to Arcadia for CQB.

Look for a changelog with the update.

These are some EXCELLENT maps for ArmA. Personally sometimes C&H maps can be a bit... noobish.. if you know what i mean, but i played one (so far) of your maps (Desert i think) and it was brilliant.

I love the minor details too.. for example the timing of the music after death, fading in and out. It gave so much atmosphere to the game even though it was such a minor thing and had nothing to do with the game play.

I'm impressed smile_o.gif Please keep making more maps! yay.gifnotworthy.gif

... i played one (so far) of your maps (Desert i think) and it was brilliant.

These are not my maps, there are made by Zaphod.

Nice Dialogues and mission concepts! Altough the gamestyle isn't my main thing... I think we're going to host these on specials etc wink_o.gif

Hi all

A couple of requests to Zaphod

My hope is he pops in here to read them:

Add an Anti TK script: Just a simple 5 minute keyboard lock (Using the cut-scene function) of a TK run off the hit event handler will be more than sufficient but there are wound matching scripts too if you want complex.

Don't Have the Mines available at Base/Spawn numpties are placing loads of mines at spawn bases to take out tanks.

These are great maps and I think a fantastic ambassader for ArmA. smile_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

shifty, i just now de-pboed one of the beserk maps, and I must say that the scripting is...shall we say...ADVANCED wow_o.gif

It will take more than just a cursory glance to understand whats going on for me.

A lot of work went into the build!

notworthy.gif

Yup they're very professional maps, thats what ArmA needs smile_o.gif

Still loving the maps smile_o.gif

EDIT: Found a bug.. sometimes vehicles dont respawn... they count down to 0, then restart counting down again.. :S