Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Mod Reloaded, Public Beta Release

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Welcome to the 6thSense.eu Mod PUBLIC BETA Release!</span>

After weeks of development I am proud to Present to you the Latest Installment of 6thSense.eu Mod. The mod has been fully rewritten (Hence the Reloaded).

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Mod Info</span>

This Modification is meant for the usage on 6thSense.eu servers. (And as such Made for MP). We hope other MP Communities will like the mod and run it aswell smile_o.gif

The package has been made with many different considerations, some realism, some gameplay, some for fun.

The main idea of the Mod, is to have a uniformal classes system with many many different units, vehicles

scripts, further enhancements, all made compatible with eachother inside 1 mod.

Newer Modules will become available in the future, examples could be WW2, Vietnam etc. etc.

Original Units, Vehicles, Weapons etc. are unaffacted. This mod needs updated Missions.

(Auto-replace templates for PowerGREP are included in the @6thSenseMod\Tools folder)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:RED'>Wiki Resource, All Info (INCL. DOWNLOADS)</span></span>

The Most Important Information, Documentation (Class lists, scripts etc), Downloads, FAQ & Help Resource will be the 6thSense.eu Mod Wiki

It will be updated ongoing with the mod. Please refer first to the wiki.

Please report bugs in our Bug Tracker (please pick the proper Project and other options, aswell as first check if the bug isn't already reported, thanks!wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Demo Missions</span>

In the wiki you will find a link to a few Demo Missions. They show a few of the features, altough I hope we can bring some proper ones soon. Most are BIS Missions Converted.

If you unpack them and use the info noted below, you can convert the missions to use different Camo Types.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Different Eras & Camos</span>

Different eras and camos are included in the Mod. You can see inside the game editor which ones.

To switch units inside a mission from BIS units to 6thSense.eu Mod units, or from 6thSense Mod Default Camo to a different pattern,

feel free to use the included PowerGREP Profiles. (You can find the Profiles in your @6thSenseMod\tools folder)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>6thSenseMod wants you!</span>

Searching for:

[*] Sound Maintainer (Vehicles, Weapons, Environment etc)

[*] Weapon Accuracy/Ballistics etc Maintainer

[*] Script Maintainer (AI, Features etc)

[*] Model/Texture Maintainer (Vehicles, Soldiers, Weapons etc)

Mainly Config Work and Scripting Work. If you are Interested, Please send a PM or e-mail me. Thanks. Documentation on the Development Area will be handed out.

Haven't played anything else since the very first releases in beta and when you see the size of the thing you know what to expect.

The results are astonishing and yet it's only the beginning... yay.gif

i like this approach to mod(s) pack distribution ...

nicely done autoupdate via wget and then via installshield ...

p.s. i hope BTR-80 gets in too smile_o.gif

i like this approach to mod(s) pack distribution ...

nicely done autoupdate via wget and then via installshield ...

p.s. i hope BTR-80 gets in too smile_o.gif

Thanks m8... BTR80 IS in btw biggrin_o.gif

ah lol guess i should search BTR only not "BTR-80" sequence in wiki readme smile_o.gif))

edit p.s.

any plans to add one (or combine) of these sound packs released (FDF/ModWar) ?

and object browser from kronzky?

ah lol guess i should search BTR only not "BTR-80" sequence in wiki readme smile_o.gif))

edit p.s.

any plans to add one (or combine) of these sound packs released (FDF/ModWar) ?

and  object browser from kronzky?

smile_o.gif

- Sound Packs: If I get permission to include the FDF SoundPack, I will, but I am also Considering approaching others. Sounds are pretty fragile and a good balance of sounds is hard to get, hence i'm searching for someone who loves this kind of work and becomes the Sound Maintainer wink_o.gif

But you can of coarse Download a Sound Pack you Like (If it's done the same way as with the FDF soundpack..) and put the addon in the @6thSenseMod\Addons folder or add another modfolder wink_o.gif

- Object Browser: Nice Idea, If I intend to add it I will contact Kronzky

btw. how goes that server AI (populatio/extension) addon ?

any plans to release it at some time in future ?

p.s. how come this great pack seems lay un-noticed (noone posting) ? sad_o.gif

btw. how goes that server AI (populatio/extension) addon ?

any plans to release it at some time in future ?

p.s. how come this great pack seems lay un-noticed (noone posting) ?  sad_o.gif

I am working on implementing Solus his SLX GroupLink 3 Addon. This will be added to the mod, Mission Makers will be able to turn the feature on or off.

The DAC by Silola is still under his development, but I am also still working on my own branch. My Zone Generator works flawless atm and the biggest concerns are the AI scripts aswell as some DAC-issues.

These projects have been mainly onhold for the past Month due to work on the Mod, Managing of our Servers (Getting a Good ArmA start) etc. etc.

The Mod FrameWork is pretty much there, and a lot has already been inserted into it. The hard work generally is done and it's mainly bug fixing and adding into the existing framework smile_o.gif

This means I have the time now to work on my AI/Mission Scripting again, but first a few days of rest  goodnight.gif

The Info About SLX GL3:

Quote[/b] ]Global Group Link 3:

Based on Group Link 2 by KeyCat and Toadlife

The purpose of Group Link 3 is to analyze the situation on the battlefield, make groups perform maneuvers according to the situation, make the AI appear smarter, more difficult, and more interesting, and to add additional effects. Any squad can be initialized into GL3 and will dynamically react to all other GL3 squads.

GL3 Features:

AI routines roughly follow Sun Tzu's "The Art of War." Calculations measuring strength: Morale (strength, skill of leaders, backup, etc), Weather(bad weather affects things, like aircraft and munitions), Terrain (higher altitude versus enemy = tactical advantage), Skill (of leaders, backup, units), Amount of Reinforcements/Support (supplies, arty, air, nearby squads, etc). Flow like water: Flow to low places(fight weak squads), stay and watch slightly higher places(wait and see), run away from high places(fall back and find a weaker spot).

Squads scan through all other GL3 squads to collect information about known friendly and enemy forces.

Squads pass information about enemy squads to each other.

The strength of a squad is based on the number of armed units, type of vehicles, skill of units, skill of leader, and strength of nearby squads.

Infantry squads rush weaker enemies using bounding overwatch. Squads split up into teams and try to stay in a small group when they are rushing while the other teams are laying down. By rushing in a team it's more likely that one of them will get a shot off when they run into an enemy, where as if they were alone they could be picked off one by one.

Squads take cover when overmatched. If there are enterable buildings nearby infantry squads will garrison the building and use it's cover for a while. If the player is squad leader and enters a building with formation set to "Vee" then the player's squad will garrison the building. AI squads garrison nearby buildings at mission start. All buildings can be garrisoned from mission start but only buildings placed in the mission work for garrisoning after loading a save game.

Squads call for backup when they need reinforcements or support.

Squads retreat when they are severely outnumbered. They use bounding overwatch to perform an orderly withdrawl.

Squad radios for communications. Default radio is SINCGARS (SINgle Channel Ground and Air Radio System), each side can be set up to have their own type of radio but only the SINCGARS is included as default for all sides, some modern Russian manpack radios may look similar to the SINCGARS though. If someone in the squad has a radio and there are CoC artillery available then they will call in artillery when they come in contact with the enemy.

Groups shout out relevant commands while performing most actions and maneuvers.

GL3 Effects:

Suppressive fire on squads. Rate of fire is determined from any known enemy, so two rifle squads could suppress if they are all firing. A unit can suppress by quickly firing a weapon at an enemy squad.

Some unit types can be configured to create a CoC artillery platoon near them. The unit can be of any side but it must be manned. The default artillery creating units are the ammo trucks for each side.

Working smoke concealment. Smoke can not be seen through by AI's but can be walked and shot through.

APC's deploy smoke when infantry is disembarking in combat.

Tanks and APC's fire smoke grenades when attacked or injured to make them harder targets.

Wind affects aircraft and munitions. Aircraft flying with a headwind will slow down but get extra lift, flying with a tailwind gives more speed but can lose lift and drop in altitude. Wind speed is tied to the weather, so the more windy it is the more affected objects are. Flying in inclement weather can be dangerous, be careful of cross winds and wind shear. To tell how fast the wind is blowing and in which direction, watch for visual cues such as smoke or dust blowing in the wind.

Munition effects. Firing munitions creates effects such as smoke around the barrel, muzzle, and ejection port, a faint vapour trail along the munition's trajectory, tracers, munitions are affected by wind, hit effects with debris and dust, and riccochets. Smoke grenades create actual concealment, it takes a few seconds for the AI's to lose track of you if you're already in their sights, and don't shoot while depending on concealment or the AI's will fire at you. If the AI's are not targeting you then they will never see you if you stay behind the smoke. The smoke screen is affected by the wind, so if the wind changes the screen will move with it. Smoke is hazardous to breathe in for too long, and being in a confined space with smoke can be deadly. Firing a lot of tracers or explosives can set things on fire. Grass can be set on fire with machine gun tracers. Fire flows downwind, so you can plan for where it might go, but beware a change in wind direction sending the fire somewhere else. Uncontroled fires can cause widespread destruction. Launched grenades are not armed until they reach a safe distance of 14 to 27 meters, but unarmed grenades can still ricochet and hurt things that they hit. If you are using a weapon with good optics and the conditions are right you can see the "trace," or vapor trail, of the shot even if it's not a tracer round. You can use the trace to make corrections to your aim.

Vehicle damage. When a vehicle is damaged an effect will happen relevant to the amount and position of the damage. Vehicle damage effects include munitions malfunctions, fuel leaks, fire, tire blowouts, broken glass, main rotor damage, tail rotor failure, and temporary engine failure. For example, if a helicopter gets hit in the tail rotor casuing too much damage it will fail and start to go down. If a vehicle is hit in the engine, fuel tank, or body, it has a chance of starting a fuel leak. If a vehicle is leaking fuel it is vulnerable to catching on fire if it gets damaged again. The extent of the fire is based on the amount of damage the vehicle has, starting out as a small fire and eventually consuming the entire vehicle, then burning back down before extinguishing. The fire does damage to the vehicle and nearby things, ammunition cooks off while burning, and sometimes nearby things get set on fire. Fire can be put out by repairing the vehicle, submerging it in water, going over 400 kph, or if the fire is small enough you can try using the "put out fire" action (which has a somewhat random chance of working) until the fire goes out. People disembarking from a burning vehicle have a chance of catching fire proportional to the damage of the vehicle. They can put the fire out by getting healed or by keeping moving. People on fire will automatically crawl forward prone to keep moving, you can also try rolling on the ground to put the fire out if you are using a rolling mod such as DMA's. People sometimes burn up into charred body parts after they die and SLX Wounds is active. Helicopters with main rotor damage become more unstable the more damaged they are, eventually tearing themselves apart and crashing if they are too damaged. When a helicopter with main rotor damage crashes it throws up lots of dirt and dust as the blades are smashed apart on the ground.

When getting in or out of tanks and APC's the crew will turn out and then turn in, to simulate having to open hatches to get in or out.

Commander machine guns on tanks that can shoot at low flying aircraft. Crew turns out when commander's gun is fired.

Vehicle lights are left on when ejecting from a moving vehicle.

AI's do not eject from damaged helicopters while in the air to increase AI survivability.

when we speak about AI server addons ...

i remember mentioned in past AI traffic (vehicles on roads, people walking in cities and villages, in future civil helicopters(media bugs always around)/airplanes and boats traffic)

yet i can't find that thread related to it ...

and also rest of AI civil population (people around structures, camping in nature etc)

any plans for these ?

when we speak about AI server addons ...

i remember mentioned in past AI traffic (vehicles on roads, people walking in cities and villages, in future civil helicopters(media bugs always around)/airplanes and boats traffic)

yet i can't find that thread related to it ...

and also rest of AI civil population (people around structures, camping in nature etc)

any plans for these ?

http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma/trac/wiki/Realistic%20Missions

http://www.6thsense.eu/arma-ed....45.html

As said, has been on Hold. If I have more Info sometime soon you will get it, please forfeit this discussion in the Mod Thread, Thanks smile_o.gif

But you are of coarse welcome to join into the Discussion in the above mentioned forum thread thumbs-up.gif

Excluding ArmA slight changes and additions from OFP in terms of scripting that would be needed to make SLX GL3 scripts properly working on ArmA engine, some additional changes would be required in the aim to avoid breaking the game-play, since several SLX scripts need to be more optimized (Wound system, AI taking cover and a few other minor things [random CTDs...etc]),

Better wait for Solus upcoming version especially intended to ArmA and that would figure out several issues. :]

Nice project idea that could potentially become a future reference of MP TCs, keep it growing up!

regards,

TB

Excluding ArmA slight changes and additions from OFP in terms of scripting that would be needed to make SLX GL3 scripts properly working on ArmA engine, some additional changes would be required in the aim to avoid breaking the game-play, since several SLX scripts need to be more optimized (Wound system, AI taking cover and a few other minor things [random CTDs...etc]),

Better wait for Solus upcoming version especially intended to ArmA and that would figure out several issues. :]

Nice project idea that could potentially become a future reference of MP TCs, keep it growing up!

regards,

TB

Thanks ThunderBird!

I'll get in contact with Solus again and check for Current Status smile_o.gif If he is working on Proper (/rewritten) ArmA versions then it has no use for me to fix the current version up :P

Installed the mod and tried the editor. When adding civilians I got errors about missing *_civ_civ.def file.

Any idea what this is about.

Installed the mod and tried the editor. When adding  civilians I got errors about missing *_civ_civ.def file.

Any idea what this is about.

Heya, Thanks for the report! The error is about a missing/wrong named vehicleClass. You will see 1 empty row in the Editor on the Civilian Side, this is what the error is about. I have fixed the error for the next update.

The error should not give you any trouble (you can still access the Units in the Empty Row), other than receiving the message when going into the Civ Side the first time after opening the editor smile_o.gif

Noticed that too that I can still add civilian entries despite of the error message. Just wondered if something was still missing/not displaying correctly in the editor.

Noticed that too that I can still add civilian entries despite of the error message. Just wondered if something was still missing/not displaying correctly in the editor.

New Update v0.56 is out! Changes:

[*] Integrated GroupTracker by lwlooz, edited by me (you can disable it by changing the setting in six_usersettings.sqf, you change the looks and feel of it in six_usersettings2.hpp)

[*] Added arrays which contain all units and groups on the map, updated every 10 seconds

[*] Added EditorUpdate 1.02 by lowfly

[*] Fixed the Civilian Side error, thanks for reports @ BI Forums

[*] Temporary Static "MAP_NO_Crew=true" setting to allow our pilots to fly MAPF Choppers. Will work on other system to replace it…

[*] Fixed PowerGREP profiles, thanks to Jinef for Report!

[*] Updated ZombieMod to v0.55c

[*] Updated Kegetys ArmA Launcher to v1.11

Known Issues:

- Units inside vehicles do not get tracked properly. Is fixed in the next update

- Resistance markers are not shown, also fixed in next update

The newest updater needs to be remade.

I got an installer path error when trying to install. Seems like a reference to the local folder on a computer on which this installer was put together ->

Arma mod.msi is not found.

Forget the above. Needs just a correctly installed 0.55-version.

The newest updater needs to be remade.

I got an installer path error when trying to install. Seems like a reference to the local folder on a computer on which this installer was put together ->

Arma mod.msi is not found.

This error usually happens if there are modified files or missing files in the Modfolder.

Please uninstall the mod, remove the 6thsensemod folder and install the mod again (directly into your arma folder, make sure of it wink_o.gif) and then run the mod update check again.

I will look into it what it could've been... It should not error out on changed configuration files of coarse, as they should be editable by the users without needing to have the originals in there before patching ^^

~25/25 succesfull installations, over at 6thsense smile_o.gif

I re-installed 0.55 and now updater works ok biggrin_o.gif

Nice to read! Will straighten it out ASAP, so these things aint nececairy wink_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>DAMB!!!!</span>

Did i read it right?? SLX GL3 by Solus !!!! yay.gif

So Group Link is finally avalible in ArmA?? yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

BEST THING I EVER READED IN THE ARMA FORUM!!!!!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

hold ur horses dude wink_o.gif The included slx_gl3 is highly beta, and I havent had the time yet to really look at it, its simply in so I can start testing with it on the servers and experiment in missions. Its not yet ready for implementation wink_o.gif

Okay no problem i will test it and report every thing i find!

Well just damn pretty good to know someone is working on the Script! thumbs-up.gif

EDIT:

Well i just made a little Mission using GL3 and DAMB!!!! yay.gif It works!!

I just placed 2 trucks loaded with Soldiers and gave them some waypoints so they always drive around a town, in the town i placed some East soldiers and of course my Squad.

Now after attacking the East Soldiers in the Town the Trucks are driving to the Town and unload the Soldiers. thumbs-up.gif

AI now is AWESOME damn heavy and i just set them to 0.2 biggrin_o.gif

There's also the Drop, Destroy and Take Weapon Action Command!!! yay.gif

Man i know it's a very early beta but for this it works very good!!

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>6th Sense YOU ROCK!!!!!</span></span> notworthy.gif

Edit:

Well did play some more around with the script and there are just 2 things need really been fixed.

1. After i shoot a Soldier i get an error message:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">You cant play/edit this mission becouse of downloaded countent which was deleted. slx_wounds

2. I know that's an bug becouse it happend's sometimes, when i play as East Soldier but now it also apperes when i play as West Soldier:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry `bin\config.cpp/CfgVoice/Words.medic2`.

But the rest. yay.gif

JUST FINE!!! notworthy.gif It also works damn greate in combination with "Urban Patrol Script" thumbs-up.gif

Man i really don't know why this AWESOME Script was not already still convertet or new coded for ArmA...

This Script just give's me all i ever need. inlove.gif

Hey sickboy smile_o.gif

just wondering is there a way to get the Group Link 3 Script working without the Addon?

So that i just put the Script in my mission folder?

So far i could get it to work without the Addon but at the beginning of a mission i alwys get this error message: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry `bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.SLX_Smoke_Discharger

Well i think it has something to do with the config.cpp becouse there is a lot of stuff defined.

So would be really cool if you could help me with that, if it's possible. huh.gif