Sign in to follow this  
granQ

BRR 80 Released!

people cant read...

One of the first working turrets models, MapFact got the Ah64 ingame, and here is a landbased vehicle. Hopefully the quality on addons will sky rocket soon, but so far its alot of new stuff that needs to be relearned for addon making.

I posted this new thread because people missed what had happen in Mechas post (he edited a post saying both it was released and it wasnt) and so did ArmA.info (edited a old post to say it was released). Somethi

Features

* First wheeled APC/armed landbased for ArmA, thats something.

* Not only speed, rpm indicators but Fuel, no more running dry.

* Smoke launchers, simple script, yet effectful

* A new kind of NVG for the gunner, rest asure this will come in more addons.

* A cool model from Seadeamon, made for OFP, adapted to ArmA with new features.

Download locations

Mecca has released new versions, browse the thread..

Nice release granQ and others, yanks have something to fear now!

Hi GranQ!

Very nice job.

- I really don't like the engine sounds.

+ On the other hand, I just love the scripted NVG, how did you manage to get this ? Overall, it's excellent.

Malick

it is the first ARMA custom made vehicle without official tools !

that's my big respect smile_o.gif

it is the first ARMA custom made vehicle without official tools !

that's my big respect smile_o.gif

so my first car didnt count, nor danish forces car, or the alouette and Be32 airplane or mapfact ah64? wink_o.gif

atleast 3 "people" released vehicles so far.

is really a cool thing m8!

im wondering, how you made that NVG grey and not green, and is it possible to do it red?!

Sentry

i haven't heard about danish car

aluette is helicopter not a car

i also made cars - but only reskins, so myreskins are not so important as BTR smile_o.gif

ooops - now i am downloading Danish stuff smile_o.gif

also i see you too made MG3 ?

im wondering, how you made that NVG grey and not green, and is it possible to do it red?!

Sentry

probaly not, just depbo, check the SD_Btr80\scripts\nightvision.sqs.. nothing special really, once you get the idea smile_o.gif

Sentry

Red? huh.gif

Why not yellow? Pink? icon_rolleyes.gif

Another exqmple of someone wanting the arm...

Good stuff GranQ smile_o.gif Also very educational, will allow people to attempt doing their own ports now, thanks to your config smile_o.gif

I go for pink! smile_o.gif

Nice done, surely improves further once we have the tools.

Well done GranQ.

Sentry

Red? huh.gif

Why not yellow? Pink? icon_rolleyes.gif

Another exqmple of someone wanting the arm...

Good stuff GranQ smile_o.gif Also very educational, will allow people to attempt doing their own ports now, thanks to your config smile_o.gif

Red for the Brotherhood of NOD biggrin_o.gif

Sentry

Thanks GranQ! smile_o.gif

...but what is BRR 80? Isn't it an BTR-80? wink_o.gif

nah, btr 80 is the russian apc, the brr 80 is the bugged model, same as with BIS not saying skoda but "car (red)" or cessna "plane".. nobody can say its a crappy model because who have ever seen a brr? wink_o.gif

I bet it's named BRR because it gets very cold wherever it gets deployed... rofl.gif

Nice BTR, guys! biggrin_o.gif

No need to shame yourselves for the model, one can always be so "iffish" about them, just call it the "BTR-80 NSA Custom" (NSA = North Sahrani Army). thumbs-up.gif

Edit: I didn't know you'd released a car, where can I get it?

Has anybody noticed this, but why SLA always rides on top of BTR rather than inside when bullets are flying all over???

This happens even if there is still room inside the vehicle. Nope - they prefer to sit on a roof and get shot.

Perhaps something to do with the order that passenger places have been allocated.

Has anybody noticed this, but why SLA always rides on top of BTR rather than inside when bullets are flying all over???

This happens even if there is still room inside the vehicle. Nope - they prefer to sit on a roof and get shot.

Perhaps something to do with the order that passenger places have been allocated.

yes (its "the order passanger places"), and its because irl, thats how you ride it.

Because if you get under fire, you can easily jump off instead of being "trapped" inside the btr80 and since the protection is so low esp against RPG the soldiers prefer to ride on the outside.

I'm working on an update to this vehicle, so far I've added lots of material and specular maps for almost the whole model as well as fixing the rifle removing bug, but one problem. I was editing the model to give it a proper shadow model with self shadows etc but the model has some open vertices that O2 wont fix, how do I go about closing these vertices? If its difficult to explain I'll send out an early version to anybody who would like to fix it up and send it back.

Also if you want any other improvements tell me now.

Two skins would be much appreciated:

- An SLA skin.

- Russian Federation camo similar to what's on the BMD1 would be even more useful (takes priority, I guess). smile_o.gif

Nice to hear an update is in the pipes.

Good news ! I love the BTR80 as it seems to fit better in Sahrani than the BMP, in my opinion.

Regarding textures, I'd like to see two version : green and camouflaged. Do you think it is possible or too much work to do ?

Otherwise, it's a great initiative. I hope GranQ will give you permission to release.

Malick

Very nice BTR!

I noticed two bugs though, possibly three:

1) The smoke launcher is full automatic. I suppose it should only shoot one salvo of smoke per click?

2) It travels water very, very shallowly, often not even touching the water with anything else than the wheels.

3) I don't know how maneuverable it is in water, and I know it isn't made for long distance travel in water, but does it turn that bad for real? Just wondered since it do have eight wheels to propel itself with, so I guessed it would be able to do a bit better turns.

Looking forward to the update for this vehicle. Unfortunately, since the patch, I cant use it as it is now. It seems my infantry dont show thier small arms when this vehicle is used ingame. I agree with cameron, a Russian federation skin and SLA would look really nice.