Sign in to follow this  
nastros

Irish army

i was thinking about making an irish army mod for arma it would feature the standard irish army and also the irish rangers who train with the sas and the seals also would make the apcs tanks choppers etc and later i might release the navy as well but if there is anyone else already making this mod then i wont and also if there isnt any interest for the mod i wont make it either but i will not start this mod till the tools are released

helitroops.jpg

army_display_1.jpg

Irish_Army_Mowag_Piranha.JPG

Sounds good. You could start modelling the vehicles and weapons in the curreent version of O2 we have for OFP, as the majority of selection names are the same, and the ones that aren't are documented around these forums and the WIKI.

There already is a skin for the infantry around, I got it somewhere in my inbox from Imshi who was working on the IRDF pack for OFP.

Don't know who made it but maybe I can be bothered to make an addon of it.

Imshi had announced that he was leaving the modding scene recently, and asked people to offer to take on the project themselves. I offered some help but I didnt get any reply, try mailing him yourself and see what he says. I have his Dauphin Helicopter and 1980's Troops pack on my hard disk, must dig em out. I would be interested in helping out if I could. Theres alot of stuff that out there that could be used for an Irish mod, just needs a suitable retexture.

Imshi had announced that he was leaving the modding scene recently, and asked people to offer to take on the project themselves. I offered some help but I didnt get any reply, try mailing him yourself and see what he says. I have his Dauphin Helicopter and 1980's Troops pack on my hard disk, must dig em out. I would be interested in helping out if I could. Theres alot of stuff that out there that could be used for an Irish mod, just needs a suitable retexture.

I also have the DPM reskin (by Kman?) and the PC-9 and AW-139 by Footmunch on my old PC which I don't have acces to right now.

thanks i already have a few lads who are going to work on it with me but if we need more help i will definetly contact you.

I've still got the IrDF Weapons Pack and modern Troops (albeit in an unfinished state) if you're interested.

ya email it to me and ill have a look at them

lol Irish army............ rofl.gif

I nearly pissed myself laughing when i saw those pictures of wannabe plastic soldiers. Can you even call it an army? I doubt Paddy, Mckenna, Dooley and Fergal can be referred to as an army lol.

Don't worry though, us Brits will protect you if anyone tries to steal your potato's  rofl.gif

I nearly pissed myself laughing when i saw those pictures of wannabe plastic soldiers. Can you even call it an army? I doubt Paddy, Mckenna, Dooley and Fergal can be referred to as an army lol.

Don't worry though, us Brits will protect you if anyone tries to steal your potato's rofl.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif *Sigh*

What was the point in even posting you idiot.

BTW Nastros the pic of the pickup is too big for the forum its over 200 KB wink_o.gif

have to admit though, it's not like there "battle hardened" what conflicts have they fought in recently?

Don't worry though, us Brits will protect you if anyone tries to steal your potato's rofl.gif

WL +1 for Flame baiting.

Keep it ontopic or the thread will be locked. smile_o.gif

have to admit though, it's not like there "battle hardened" what conflicts have they fought in recently?

They are stationed in Liberia and seen action in UNIFIL.

sorry i forgot to say, i mean real conflicts, not peacekeeping. have they been in iraq or aghanistan, did they have any involvment in kosovo or bosnia.

47 Irish Army personnel were killed in Lebanon, is that "battle

hardened" enough for you? And how does any of this have

any relevance whatsoever to the digital toy soldiers in a

computer game?

sorry i forgot to say, i mean real conflicts, not peacekeeping. have they been in iraq or aghanistan, did they have any involvment in kosovo or bosnia.

Peacekeepers get shot at, Peacekeepers get killed. Just like in any of your so called "Real conflicts". Infact, Peacekeepers have a harder job than in those. To keep to waring sides apart from each other is more skillfull and dangerous than flying a plane 10,000 feet above and droping a bomb on a house. So think about what your saying before you say it.

sorry if i offended anybody but i find a bit of a piss take that they dont offer help in anything, look at WW2, where was the irish army then, they were leaving their lights on so german bomber could navigate, and i dont ever remember them in "anti-terrorism" operations when they're little private army was bombing the shit out of people in the north, no border patrols to stop them running back to the south where they knew they'd be safe, but yeah this is off topic.

When an Irish journalist was kidnapped in Iraq recently soldiers from the ARW were dispatched to rescue him, but he was released before the necessity to "Go in there" arose. Just because we dont go around invading all of the middle east doesnt meant that we dont have a real army who doesnt have real experience.

Quote[/b] ]sorry if i offended anybody but i find a bit of a piss take that they dont offer help in anything, look at WW2, where was the irish army then, they were leaving their lights on so german bomber could navigate, and i dont ever remember them in "anti-terrorism" operations when they're little private army was bombing the shit out of people in the north, no border patrols to stop them running back to the south where they knew they'd be safe, but yeah this is off topic.

1) We didnt get involved in WW2 cause we're a NEUTRAL COUNTRY. Why should we get the crap bombed out of us in a war that had nothing to do with us? In a matter of fact, we secretly helped the British government - we provided them with any intelligence about the Germans that we accquired, the day for D-Day was selected based on weather reports provided by the Irish government, and English and American POWs were often allowed to "escape" whereas German ones would be dealt with more severly.

2) The IRA is not a private army of the Irish State, that is arguably one of the most offensive things you could say in front of an Irish person. The Irish Defence force consider the IRA as a great threat. There were border patrols on the Irish side of the border, and memebers of the Irish Police were killed by the IRA for being involved. Ignorant idiots like you might think that Ireland is full of people who want to blow up the British, but its just not like that. Please know at least something about what youre talking about before making such rampant accusations in public.

Rant ended, now let that be the end of the ignorance...

Back on-topic ignore king cobalt wang and his friends, respect to anybody that gives themselfs to defend their country.

Go for it. I'd love to see another Army in-game.

smile_o.gif

urbanwarrior and ch_123, stop taking this thread off-topic.

The offtopic debate ends here.

The next person I see start commenting on what the Irish did or did not do in the past will get a post restriction.

its good to see that there is a good bit of interest in this mod i will more than likely be getting the team together soon and we will start to work on this mod as soon as we can and anyone who has any ideas feel free to tell us all ideas are welcome

I recently red a long story of Irish history and I am sure that this country not need any kind of national army so far when u are member of NATO and EU and landmass is contain only that green island. Irish army is what it suppose to be a old toy soldier boys sandbox where u can keep fun on training sessions.

Back to real topic I will see all nations army in ArmA so make a good work on models and configs.

its good to see that there is a good bit of interest in this mod i will more than likely be getting the team together soon and we will start to work on this mod as soon as we can and anyone who has any ideas feel free to tell us all ideas are welcome

I'd like to see a 1980s Irish Army pack as well as up-to-date

modern. As well as using them for Irish Army per se their

kit is sufficiently nondescript (ie. FN MAG, FAL, olive green

combat suits and British '58 webbing) to be useful as "generic

OPFOR".